Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• The invoice total was 41,734.27 tax is at 6%. He wanted for me to pay $41,999 otd, but after an hour of going back and forth I told the sales person that I was not going to pay no more then $39,000 otd and that if he was not willing to do! that i just would go somewhere else and look at a differant vehicle. He went back to his boss and told him what i said, at this point his boss and sales person come over and said ok we will do it for $39,000 otd.

So at this point I think I ended up paying around $36792 plus 6% sales tax which is around $39,000. I bought this vehicle in ft myers, FL.
  • Ended up going with 2010 Lexus RX instead. Gave up the 3rd row and extra power for the interior refinements of 2010 RX. South Coast Acura - ask for Ken. Factoring in the rebate and the holdback (2.5% assumed), I think it would be realistic to lower price by $750-$900 or so with some negotiations. Good luck!
  • Platts,
    Can u pls share the dealership name here.

So, the price 36792 does it include the dealer fee & tags(New or are you transferring tags?).
    When I asked the same 39k for tech otd to around 15 dlrs (I am also in 6%tax +200 tag trsfr), they literally mocked at me. :blush:

I am in Jacksonville, would like to travel to get this deal.

By the way this seems to be the best price I heard so far.
    Enjoy your new MDX. :shades:
  • longfrance, that's funny. We wound up doing exactly that last time we purchased a car. Found the RX330 just had more "features" than the MDX at a similar price point and was worth giving up the 3rd row. This time we wound up doing exactly the opposite.
  • I am amazed at the high prices of used 2008 base MDX. It seems a new 2009 can be had for between $34-36 thousand. How is it that the lowest price on a used 2008 base in the New York area with 20,000 miles is $33,000. Who wouldn't spend the extra on new?
  • I am in LA too. What's the price quote did you get from Ken?
  • Quote from Ken at South Coast Acura for your reference.

09 Tech black on black with running boards and roof rack.

$40,0084.00 price
    $529 government fees
    $3,512.16 taxes (8.75% Orange County rate)
    $55.00 doc. fee
    2 free oil changes

As shared previously, I believe that the 40k price could be negotiated down 500-800 based on invoice price and holdback at 2.5%. That black-on-black was the only one on the lot on Friday... Good luck!!!
  • As of noon today 11/18/09.... The websites for the dealers below showed:

Three (3) 2009 base models in Beckley, WV.

One (1) 2009 Tech and One (1) 2009 Tech w/Entertainment in Roanoke, VA.

I am not connected to these dealers in anyway, except I have traded with both of them. I was thinking about going with the 2009, but have decided on the 2010, but I still monitor the above dealers just to see what is being delivered.. I am one of those who likes the 2010 front. The new tranny scares me, but it can't be any worse than the problems found with the 2003 to 2005, which I own.... I am guessing the 2010 will cost me about $3k to $4K more, but I think it will be worth it to drive the newest version of the MDX.
  • So, since you work for an Acura dealer, can you tell me if they are still producing 2009? Or is it pretty much end of production, and they're ramping up production of 2010? If so, when are they going to come onto the market?
  • Thanks a lot for the information. I got the quote for 09 tech is
    $ 39000 +TTL. About the same price after adding running boards and roof rack.
    Still shopping around to see whether I could get $38000. Otherwise, I might wait for 2010 model.
  • Hey Bud, do you mind posting on how much you paid for your lexus rx.
  • Hi, I was interested in the MDX Tech and wanted to check in with Pohanka to get a quote Can you advise who to contact at the dealership? Thanks for your help.
  • I am about to buy a 2009 MDX base model - at my local dealer, the price quoted is 36.7K. I have to pay extra for additional options like the running board, wheellock etc. The tech package is 40.9K. Financing at 2.9% for 60 months. Are these good prices or should I search for better internet pricing ?

I am neutral between MDX and Lexus RX350. I am not sure if I am actually paying a good price for the MDX. As I read this forum, it seems that everyone else gets a very good deal on the MDX.

I do not really need a new SUV but it is good to drive one before TG. But I can wait longer if I can get a better discount like 1-2k cheaper.

This is my second time buying a car in US. My first was a 2008 camry and it was a good deal. Any advice on should I wait or should I commit ? They have about 20 more cars sitting in their inventory - a mix of tech and base models.

Thanks!
  • The forum here says not to posts salespeople. If you provide your email, I can give you the contact information.
  • Hi, thanks for sending along. My email is john.buscema@comcast.net
  • Could you help to send me contact as well?

Thank you.

E-mail address: johnli08540@yahoo.com
  • Hi Platt,
    I thought u already bought an MDX, If so could u pls share the dealers name & send me the salesperson name(pls email C A P RICORN-70@ HOTMAIL.COM).
    I requested quote from SCANLON ACURA for 35.8k for mdx base + ttl+dlr fee = 38.8k otd.
    Thx in advance
  • anyone buy 09 mdx tech recently in chicago/midwest area? Trying to get 18.5% discount and want to make sure I am not being unrealistic.

45040 MSRP
    -18.5%
    $36,707
    +$810 Dest
    $37,517 + Tax/Title

Let me know if you have done as good or better.

Thanks
  • kokos7kokos7 Posts: 22
    Here is the latest I was quoted in NJ:

Tech/Entertainment: $40,830
    Tech: $39,243
    Base: $35,350

Plus $810 destination charge, tax, dmv fees and $249.00 documentation fee.

What do you think?
  • I went shopping for a 2009 MDX with the Tech package today. The dealer had both a new 2009 and one with 2500 miles on it. For the new one he asked $40,900 (which is the KBB price) and for the one with 2500 miles he came down to $40,000. The documentation price at the dealer is an additional $600 (which seems ridiculous!).

I figure a fair offer for the one with mileage is $38000 + TTL. I would also ask them to throw in the running boards and roof rack. I just wanted to get a feel for if people think this is reasonable. Thanks!
  • t140dt140d Posts: 2
    Also looking for the name of the salesperson. My email is t140d@hotmail.com.

Thanks.
  • That is good but you can still probably go down. A week ago I got the quote for 38200 + TTL for the Tech package. Pickings are getting slim, however.
  • 41k even. If you want to know how, click over to the Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid Forum. I explained in detail. Thx.
  • Also looking for the name of the salesperson. My email is hwang87@hotmail.com.

Thanks a lot!
  • nbhnbh Posts: 1
    I bought this car yesterday for $43,500 (out of door) from McGrath Acura.

It cam around $39,100 + 810 destination charge+150 doc fee + 8% tax + 300(new plates, license,title).

They also give me weather mats for 1st and 2nd row and also for trunk mat worth of $300 with this.

I think it is decent (if not best) deal since they have last mdx (tech+ent) in black color with interior in black color.

If anyone wants salesperson's email, post your e-mail address and I will send you it in e-mail.
  • Could you please also give me his email address if you have?

Thanks again!
  • I need the salesperson's email, my email is liu2k@yahoo.com
  • tk17tk17 Posts: 6
    What other dealers did you look at?

Thank you for the email address, tk1780@sbcglobal.net
  • Could you please give me the contact info for the person that gave you the quote for $38,200 on the MDX tech. The best I got yesterday was $39,900 in northern NJ. My email address is lissym@gmail.com
  • kokos7kokos7 Posts: 22
    Can I get the dealer contact too? email edm.kokos@antichef.com