Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jks7jks7 Posts: 2
    I purchased a MDX Sport w/o Ent in Central CT in January. I added the roof rails and bars and paid $43,475. The dealer had the exact truck I wanted sitting on the lot and I made phone calls to surrounding dealers and was suprised how willing they were to give me a price over the phone but I would have had to wait for the one I wanted for who knows how long. Every dealer told me the Sport was hard to come by. I just used their figures to negotiate with the dealer that had the truck.

Ulitmately I think I may have been able to do a couple hundred dollars better but I've been very happy with the Sport. It is worth getting if you are considering.
  • jmpage2: it is easy. simply search the profile of the person in question and determine where they are located. then do a google search for the state sales tax for that location. then you know how much the tax was. it's not rocket science.
  • rajosmomrajosmom Posts: 6
    hpowders-

I too live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and have been shopping around to lease the new MDX. My current MDX lease does not expire until July, I have been shopping around and have found the dealers in our area to be very willing to negotiate at 700-800 below invoice, although they are tacking on the destination charge and advertising fees to that number (which makes me come out at invoice). I agree with what you are saying about the dealerships being slow. However, I feel that the lease deals are really good right now and I am afraid of what will happen after 4-31. Maybe we can share information and help each other out. Let me know. Thanks,

rajosmom
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Thinkingly logically, with summer driving season almost upon us and the inevitable higher gas prices that come with it, MDX inventories have to be building up through the summer. People are already avoiding SUV's/COV's and their lousy mileage like the plague. Check out sales figures lately? Dealers can't give them away. MDX sales have been flat.

The dealers should be treating you very well when July rolls around and those MDX's are beginning to pile up. Also, a few months down the road, they must make room for the 2009 MDX's. Everything sounds like it will be in your favor.

I am looking for a base model and I most likely will lease. A 2 year lease sounds probable because I do want to turn it over and get the power lift gate base model. I would not pay more than $500 a month, after-taxes, no cap. cost reduction, just basic fees (acquisition fee) and security deposit up front.
    You are right; I should wait. The 2 lease payments I have remaining have to come from somewhere! I am also looking to lease a base model. I will probably do a 3 year lease. Thanks for your input.

rajosmom
  • hotch41hotch41 Posts: 61
    Thanks jk7. Could you provide the name of the dealership that you made your deal with? I thought about waiting, but it may be a moot point with the fact that so few Sport models are produced and that my trade, a GMC Acadia (I'm done with domestics!) will be quickly depreciating at a faster rate the longer I keep it. Thanks again.
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Anytime. You should do just fine in July.

Well, we know Acura will be moving 2 MDX's this summer in Florida.
  • jks7jks7 Posts: 2
    I ended up buying at Acura of Avon since they had it in stock. Good luck!
    I am a little confused. One dealer is telling me that the residual is 58% on a 12,000 mile per year lease for a base model MDX. Does this sound right?

rajosmom
  • jmz54926jmz54926 Posts: 6
    hi experts,
    I am buying this package this saturday and i wonder if i am getting a good deal:
    - 2008 Acura MDX with Power Tail gate
    - Destination & handling fee
    - All season Floor mats
    - Chrome side steps
    - Roof Rails
    - Moonroof Visor
    - Front lower Garnish
    - Rear lower garnish
    - Wheel locks
    - Side body molding
    - Installation for all accessories
    FOR TOTAL OF $42,987
    $250 DMV fees - not included
    $199 documentation fee - not included
    no finance charge at all

NEED FEEDBACK. THanks!
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Posts: 262
    I don't know if there is a published price yet for invoice on the TECH+LIFT model MDX that you are purchasing.

Invoice + Destination charge on the TECH model is about $40,400. The Lift Gate option is about $500 which means that it probably adds about $450 to the invoice price.

So invoice price of $40,850. You can find prices on your own for the various accessories at www.hondacuraworld.com, which you also seem to be getting a steep discount on (they add up to at least $1600).

Usually one shop hour costs $80-$100 and they would normally quote at least a few hours for the installation of all of the accessories you mentioned.

So it looks like you are effectively getting the vehicle for invoice price, getting the accessories for a very steep discount, and getting the labor on all accessory installation done for around $400.

In other words an absolutely excellent deal. What part of the country are you in and is there a trade involved in this deal?
    Yes, everyone who is researching prices should do all of the work you mentioned, or, the person posting the price could simply take tax out when quoting their deal.

Brilliant.
    Yes, 58% is the current residual for a base MDX for a 3 year 36,000 mile lease. The lease residual and money factor did not change between March and April on the MDX.
    That's great that you think I am getting a good deal!

I am actually in PA but buying from NJ.
    The sales guy (PW- as intials) was a referred to me by a friend.
    PA tax is only 6% which is great!

I never owned a car so nothing to trade in.

Thanks for your help!
  • a 1% percent difference then nj...
  • They were very efficient. Very professional and got a great deal. If you like you can e-mail(nyguy1208@aol.com) me for the details. I don't like to kiss and tell but this dealer was very honorable, and met all my needs and wants...
    Yes, it's a great deal. Be aware though that if you are leasing this SUV that all those accessories that you are buying have 0% residual value at lease end. You end up buying them for whoever takes the car after lease end unless you planned on unbolting all of them from the car before the car was turned in.

Generally it is a very poor idea to lease a car and spend a lot of money on accessories since they have no residual value, you pay 100% of them but get 0% back on them at lease end.
    I am actually going to finance it for 3 years since they approved my rate for 2.9%.
    Since my interest rate from online savings is a bit more than 3%, it would make more sense to finance.
    If it happens to dip blw my finance rate then I will pay it off in one shot.

Anyways Thanks for your help!
    I just wanted to make sure I was getting a great deal!
  • jmz54926, your logic is a bit flawed. yes, the finance rate is 2.9% and yes, your savings account interest rate is slightly more than 3%. however, and this the big point, you pay tax on your savings interest but not on your car loan. so you really are not making money by playing this little game - in fact you are losing money. thus, if you have the full amount available, it would behoove you to pay it off in one shot.
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 2
    Looks like a great deal. I would be interested in the same one. Could I get the name of the dealership?