Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just bought 2010 MDX with Tech package from Performance Acura in Chapel Hill, NC. I paid $43,219 + tax, tag and doc fee = $44,985.

I was very happy with this dealer. I live in Concord and I drove 130 miles to get the car from them. Closest dealer to me is in Charlotte about 25 miles and they would not go any where close to invoice. Ask for Phil if you got to Performance Acura.
  • vipavipa Posts: 1
    That is not true I just ordered an Advance without the Entertainment Package. The way it goes is that each dealership is allotted a certain number of MDX's and they can configure it any way they want. Since the vehicles are in short supply the dealers are trying to get the most bang for their bug and get the most expensive vehicles
    Also, any dealer can look at other dealers inventory or what they have on order from the factory (Canada). Go to another dealer or get a quote on the internet which is what I did.
  • Does anyone know if AHFC will extend the current financing passed 3/1/2010 ?

(2010 MDX Special AHFC A.P.R. Financing 1.9% APR for 24-36 months or 2.9% APR for 37-60 months)
  • jvettejvette Posts: 70
    Each dealer may be allotted a certain amount of MDX's but I do not agree that they are in short supply. I have been to two different dealers and both have lots full of them. Everything from Base, Tech, Tech/Ent and Advanced. One dealer had 20 sitting on the lot waiting for someone to look at them. I know they are a great SUV but at an average price of $46 to $50k they have a slightly limited market. I started looking at them when they first hit the dealer lots at $1k under sticker and then got a call at 2k under sticker and last week got an offer from the same dealer for invoice. I am waiting to see what happens March 1 when the new incentives come into play before I make a decision.

One dealer tried to tell me that I better hurry because they are selling like hot cakes. The same ones are still sitting on his lot that I have seen for a couple of weeks now.
  • bornoborno Posts: 77
    edited February 2010
    Looking at a 07 MDX, with sport and rear seat ent. Has 42K miles or so, Grey with light grey int. Think I can get it for $31K. Clean vehicle, I'm ready for the plunge.
    Wife's sienna has over 100K on it and need the next suv for the family. Have an 01M3Conv., for a toy.

Son getting liscence in 15 months, so this will be shared all around the family, wife first, then son. I have to be practical.

So, and thing I should be overly aware of? Comments?
    Thanks in advance for all input.
  • rdxerrdxer Posts: 33
    Just picked up a base in Northern Virginia for $38,991 (includes freight, TTL is extra). February has been an awful month (due to weather) so dealers are dipping into their holdback to make deals this month. I'm leasing so I'll add more details when I get a chance. Frankly, I was blown away with $4K+ off of MSRP.
  • sascsasc Posts: 14
    we are picking up a tech, grigio w/parchment-roof rails and cross bars in silver plus mats and locks for 44,200(rounded up) not incl ttl. prime acura rt. 1 most other dealers would not budge below 44,500 for just the car, inskip acura basically blew us off, guess they did not need to make a sale. Prime has been nice, had a few bumps in the road when our salesman quit suddenly and the paperwork seems to have been messed up a bit. The gen. mgr nick was very helpful, and we wound up sticking with them.
  • dvricedvrice Posts: 70
    If 2010 base models are selling for $39k + TTL now, is it a fairly safe assumption that sometime this year there will be a $2k dealer incentive, so a base could be had for $37k. I have been looking for a good deal on a used MDX, but I think I may just be better off waiting patiently for a dealer incentive then jumping on a new one for $37k. Reading through the forums for 2009, it looks like there were multiple dealer incentives of $2k and a year end incentive of $4k (new 2009 base models were going as low as $34.5k).

Opinions?
  • If you can wait, I think you're right. I thought I did well with $4k off MSRP in 2/08 (before the economic world took a tumble) until a colleague told me he got his 2009 (Tech, I believe) last summer or fall for around $10k off list, as the '10's were coming into stock. This was at a SoCal dealer, not sure which one, but he lives in Orange County.
    A $2K incentive is certainly possible, but remember last year many prospective car buyers where freaked about the economy and Honda needed to unload 09's before the new design 10's arrived. In fact, Honda delayed release of the 10's until the dealer lots had cleared of 09's. If there's a large incentive in place, there's no way they'll go below invoice (they won't have to).
  • dvricedvrice Posts: 70
    I am not sold that the economy has recovered. Therefore,sales of $40k SUVs could be slow. No guarantees, so we'll just have to see how it plays out.

I have the luxury that I don't "need" a new car. I would "like" to have one by December, so I will wait patiently for a good deal (new or used).
  • dnb1dnb1 Posts: 5
    I am in the process of negotiating a lease on an MDX tech only. Here are my 2 offers in ther northern NJ area...

OFFER 1:
    Cash down $ 1179
    Purchase price: 42,985
    monthly pmt: 662

OFFER 2:
    cash down $2075
    purchase price: 43,700
    monthly pmt: 640.

How does this make any sense? I've always read negotiate purchase price, but the one with the lower purchase price is the higher monthly pmt. I am assuming that offer 1 is rolling some of the upfront costs into the lease payment. That is the only thing that is logical. Any insights out there? Which is the better offer or are they essentially the same?
  • mike_charlottemike_charlotte Posts: 18
    edited February 2010
    I'm assuming this is for 36 months lease. If you add up the numbers then they are almost the same. Option 1 = $25,011 and Option 2 = $25,115. I would go with the lowest down payment.

MDX Tech was the best choice I made based on resell value and all other upgrades you get with it.

Good Luck!
  • kss17kss17 Posts: 5
    If you don't mind can you tell me the dealership you purchased the mdx base from in Northern Virginia ? I am in North Carolina and most of the dealers dont seem to have much inventory and aren't negotiating a lot. I can probably drive up to virginia/dc area if i get a good deal. Thanks
  • mbk3mbk3 Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    just purchased a 2010mdx with tech for 43,900. now after reading this site, i am annoyed that i paid too much. Local dealers were not willing to go any lower, walked out on them and still got no where. Still wondering if i should have held out to get closer to the invoice price? difficulty finding color i wanted. phila area
  • A dealer in Dallas told me the invoice on the MDX was increased $400 in February putting a Tech invoice including destination at $43,319. Have others heard this?
    Radley in Falls Church (ask for John). This is our third Acura from them and the deal has been very smooth. We did almost everything over the phone. The $38991 is for this month only on in stock units only (they had a really, really bad February).
  • isriisri Posts: 1
    KSS17

I am trying to buy MDX With Technology Package and Entertainment Packages. Which one your trying to buy? Please let me know, Which model you got for $38991? I would like to know more on this.
  • matth2matth2 Posts: 12
    For dealer holdback, is it taken off final price, MSRP or invoice? I believe acura/honda holdback is 3%. Seems like most are getting decent deals lately. I'm shooting for 500-700 over invoice. Is this reasonable?
  • matth2matth2 Posts: 12
    care to share what you paid and where? I like this model too.
    It's 3% of MSRP. From my earlier post, you'll see I got about $600 below invoice (on a base). I guess it depends where you are and how competitive it is among dealers. Here in Northern Virginia, dealers have had a crappy month (due to weather) and the two dealers here always seem to slug it out over prices (to our benefit).
  • What dealership? I went to DCH Montclair Acura for mine and they were great and also, I might mention, beat everyone's price -- hopefully that's where you're shopping at.
  • After weeks of back and forth, just got the offer for a 2010 tech and entertain at 44,400 excluding Tax, tags and dealer processing fee with 4 years of oil change service but only valid til end of Feb. Seems to be as low as I can get them - I agree that Feb has been bad for them here in VA and they seem ready to deal. Only catch is it must be one currently on the lot - which is not much of an issue as they have one of pretty much any color. About 10 or so on the lot at the moment. No accessories included.

Thoughts? How would you rate this offer?
  • 43900 really isnt overpaying, you probably could of saved 1000 or so which is only about 2% on a 47000 car.
  • I paid $43,219 plus Tax, tags and dealer processing fee for just Tech with no oil changes. I think you are getting very good deal. Oil change option worth about $1000. Let's say if you drive 15,000 per year and oil change cost about $50. You will need 5 oil changes per year and total cost for 4 year is $1000. Now if you drive less then 15,000 miles then it will cost less for dealer. Any way I would take the offer.
  • $43219 is a good price for a Tech.
    Can you provide me with the dealer's info?
    I am looking to buy this weekend.
    Also, anyone have any luck negotiating the "doc fee"?
  • Regional Northwest dealers are all claiming $43,068 for "True Invoice" after dealer prep. Then most add the "NW Package" with all season floor mats, tri cargo liner, wheel locks, and invisible door edge guard. This takes the invoice plus add on price up to $43.7-43.8K as a starting point for dealing. This seems higher than most other posts I have read. I wanted to pay $43.3K but no one is dealing and all claim only the dealer owners see the holdback, so sales staff won't even take that into account in reducing the price. Does anyone know what a reasonable NW regional price would be for MDX w/Tech? I am ready to buy this weekend if the price is right. Thanks
  • Check out my post #9579

Performance Acura in Chapel Hill...ask for Phil.
  • What should I be paying? Seems like I'm always overpaying when I check in here. Thanks. Is it worth the money for the advance pkg.?
  • jvettejvette Posts: 70
    First you shouldn't care what the salesman says or quotes you for the price. Do your homework and only buy what you want.

With that said the offer should be $42,819 on the MDX with Tech and tell them that offer does not include the overpriced extras because you don't want them. Give them your phone number and tell them if they want to sell it before they close business for the end of the month to just give you a call. If the salesman doesn't seem interested fax a copy of your offer to the sales manager. It's end of month quota time. You can then expect to add doc fee and lic and reg. to that price plus sales tax. The dealer is still making a good chunk of money at this price and would be a fool to turn you down unless they only have a couple in stock and have a bunch of people looking for them.