Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 99sub99sub Posts: 11
    $48 for Advance with Entertainment??? That's an unbelievable price with invoice at $50,037 (includes Dest.). Are you sure it had entertainment? Either way, with or without entertainment, $48 for an advance is an awesome price. Congrats. Enjoy your ride.
  • Great deal carlva! Great price and great loan rate. Pohanka and Radley are both selling way below invoice. [Go to truecar.com to see invoice prices.] We love our MDX and are thrilled with our deal, too. I love the email/telephone approach ONCE you have the needed info to hammer out a great deal. Thanks for letting me know posting was helpful.
  • minihopefulminihopeful Posts: 14
    edited May 2010
    Valueguy, don't forget the following features in your comparison between a Tech & Advance:

Active Damper System
    Collision Mitigation Braking System
    Adaptive Cruise Control

You don't think these additional options that come with the Advance package are worth another $2K on top of your list??? I didn't get the Advance because I didn't need those features, but I think it's money well spent for those who want them. I certainly don't think the Advance is overpriced for what you get.
  • coffeerequiredcoffeerequired Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    I wonder if there are any hidden dealer incentives for the MDX, I read some might be as high as $1,500 on many of the 2010 models.

http://www.realcartips.com/honda-incentives
    link title
    check link
  • jensadjensad Posts: 388
    My then new 08 RL w. tech, I purchased in 2/08 had a sticker price of $ 52000. I purchased it for 42500, I would suggest that the MDX would have a similar discount rate maybe even 19 % off sticker.

Good luck to all.

jensad
  • carlvacarlva Posts: 4
    Yes 99sub, the $48K I paid was for both Advance and Entertainment. Someone else got the same price at Pohanka on 4/26, I read it on this board. I'm not sure why Northen Virginia dealers are so aggressive on pricing but I've heard that Pohanka and Radley are both Top 20 US Volume dealerships in the country and they make more money on the volume kickbacks from Acura than they do on the profit per car. Thanks to those on this discussion board b/c I never would have sought that price until I read it here. Thanks to everyone for posting pricing information.
    Congrats. That is an awesome price!!! I wonder what a MDX Advance pkg without the entertainment would go for? I've been looking for awhile and would consider flying out of state if I could save BIG bucks. I'm in the Houston area. The best I could get here for advance w/out entertainment is $50K. Any advice would be appreciated. Did you start with a number and they counter-offered? What price did you start off with?
  • valueguyvalueguy Posts: 208
    I think holdback is 3% of MSRP. So, at your selling price they made ZERO unless there was a secret incentive or volume rebate. I suspect both are going on right now and we aren't aware of them. I read Honda has a $1500 secret rebate on the 2010 Honda Pilot which was released last month. Perhaps, the MDX has this same rebate?
    I appreciate you pointing out the other "stuff" which comes on the Advance. I wish the wheels were a separate option along with the perforated leather. But, I guess the Advance will be my choice provided an incentive of $1000-$2000 appears in the next 90 days.

What if gas goes above $4.00 this summer? The last time gas shot way up Acura put a big rebate on the MDX
  • carlvacarlva Posts: 4
    99sub, I'd be happy to call Al at Pohanka and queue up deal for you on of the MDX Advance. Since I just bought one over the phone yesterday, he knows to take my offers seriously. It helps get a better price if they have the car on their lot. Check out Radley Acura's inventory and let me know what color you want. You would fly into Dulles VA or National Airport, whichever is cheaper. I'd imagine sans Entertainment, you are looking at 46,800 or so.
  • is95a1is95a1 Posts: 7
    CarlVA, I am in the market for Tech/Ent in Maryland and would be interested in hearing what Al could do. I was going to go with Rosenthal at $500 over invoice, but it seems you are getting $2k under invoice. Do you think they would be able to go that low on a tech/ent?
  • cookieyhcookieyh Posts: 1
    I plan to buy 2010 MDX with Technology package in next two or three months. Anyone bought MDX recently in NJ? Any good dealer (sales man) to recommend? Thanks in advance!
  • MDX w/ Advance (no entertainment)

I was just quoted $46,150 for a MDX Advance at a Chicagoland Acura dealership.

This does not include destination charge or any accessories, doc fee or TTL. I am thinking this might be a good price??? depending on their doc fee...
    Carlva, Thanks for the offer. I went to their Radley Acura's website, they don't show any MDX Advances without Entertainment. With new posts today getting advances quoted in the 46 range, I am going back to those dealerships around me and seeing if they can do better. Thanks again.
  • I've had a terrible experience with Pohanka's internet department today. Based on apparently good reviews at this forum, I emailed them for a quote on a base MDX. There is a "quick quote" link on their website, which I filled out. They emailed me back without a quote, of course, and asked me to call them for the quote. If I wanted to call them, I would pick up the phone, not submit something via the internet. I followed up letting them know I prefer email communication and received the following response from Pohanka: "Email pricing is just an estimate. Real pricing is when you are here ready to buy not ready to shop over internet." I won't be shopping at Pohanka with that kind of poor response and apparent lack of wanting my business.
  • $39,600 + TTL for 2010 MDX base at McGrath
  • dvricedvrice Posts: 70
    Anyone know if there is any truth to the runmored $1,500 dealer incentive.

I've seen deals posted here on 2010 base models for $38,500 + TTL. I would jump in on a 2010 base if i could get it for $38,500 - $1,500 = $37,000 + TTL.
    I am thinking that is a GREAT PRICE!!! Good job. Just remember Doc. fees are negotiable as well. Go for it.
  • anyone seen a deal l ike that in Chicagoland?
  • ajay2ajay2 Posts: 3
    I am in the Austin area and looking to buy an acura mdx advanced. Not quite sure if the premium over the technology is worth it. It seems there are plenty of technology deals available. Like to see what deals you all found out there. What price point did you start at? I bought our Odysee 4 years ago via email and found it very helpful using these forums.
    thanks in advance- no pun intended
  • udeman55udeman55 Posts: 20
    Can I ask what dealership?
  • raswattraswatt Posts: 3
    edited May 2010
    I am in the market for a 2010 MDX Tech/Ent in the Dallas, TX area. I visited a dealership over the weekend that did not have any Black Tech/Ent in stock and tried to sell me a Advance with Tech/Ent. They salesman and sales manager were not eager to find me what I wanted and even suggested buying an aftermarket entertainment for a Tech model. It's been a while since I last purchased a vehicle, but when I bought my Lexus RX the salesman found it at another dealership without hesitation. The Advance Tech/Ent was very nice. They offered it for $51,500 plus TTL and I would have had to pay another $1K for the roof rails, body side moldings, wheel locks and front window tint. I ended up leaving and rejecting the offer because ultimately I do not want to pay the extra for the Advance. The salesman said that most dealerships do not get many Tech/Ent MDXs in, but I felt like they were just trying to make a sale. I have been looking at this forum for several months and it seems I should be able to get what I want for around $45,000-$47,000. Does this sound about right for the Tech/Ent or should I really consider the Advance they have on the lot? If I buy at a dealership in another part of the state and bring it back to Dallas, do I still get the loaner vehicles and other service perks for scheduled service? I think from now on, I am going to do my dealing over the internet or phone because the pressure at the dealer was brutal! :confuse:
    Raswatt, I recently purchased a Tech/Ent for $44,986 + TTL at Champion Acura in Houston, and they also threw in the window tint and the wheel locks. I don't know if the price quotes have gotten better since, but I do know the APR has (1.9%). When I was shopping for it, the Tech/Ent selection was quite limited for the polished metal metallic (medium gray) and tuscan pearl (white) colors, though palladium metallic (silver) was a plenty.
    Thanks minihopeful! I think you are correct about the 1.9% possibly having an impact on the negotiating. Was the $850 destination fee and document fee included in your price?There is another dealership in the Dallas area that has a Crystal Black Pearl Ent/Tech with Taupe Interior in stock and I am going to send them an email offer and see what happens. If things do not work out in Dallas, then I may contact Champion. I did get a call from the salesman I worked with over the weekend, but he just wanted to reiterate the offer he made on Saturday so I am not interested in working with them since they are intent on selling me what they have on the lot.
    The destination charge was included in that price, but not the doc fee ($200). I probably could've negotiated more on the doc fee, but the deal was already $1,000 better than any other offer I got from the Houston area dealers. Wish I would've waited for the 1.9 APR, but oh well, hindsight.
    After e-mailing several dealerships I found one willing to order me a new 2010 Advance at Invoice (no dealer fees) but I decided to wait for an incentive or $600 under invoice. Anybody paying more than invoice needs to shop harder and be persistent. I verified that those Northern Virginia dealerships are selling at slightly under invoice ( some can get more than $1,000 below invoice) if they have to order the MDX for you.

So, be careful out there and hold the line at or near invoice.
  • valueguy, what area are you shopping in? we're looking to buy either a base model or tech only....seems like folks are getting closer to invoice these days. how many dealers did you email. we're trying to figure out how to approach this.
  • skammaskamma Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    I am from Atlanta, GA. Any help will be appreciated. I quoted MDX w/Advance and Rear Entertainment for $48,000 + TTL at Atlanta. Following responce i got. Is it true??

"Thanks for the response. I did some research on the different programs for regions, and I found that there can be thousands of dollars in total price difference state to state! Unfortunately Acura financial will apply whatever incentives based on what state your driver’s license is issued from, in the past we have had buyers from GA who wanted to go to TN or AL to get more incentives. So even if you drove up to PA where that forum said they sell the MDX for that price, you still might have to pay the same price as we sell it for here in GA. The biggest factor here is that the information you have is on a forum where people could post anything they want without proving it. If they said you could buy a new MDX for $1,000 would you believe it? I would use credible sites like Edmunds.com, Kelley blue book.com, or other places that have nothing to gain by spreading false information.
    We would love to have you as a customer, but I’m sure you understand that we are a business and it makes no sense to lose over $3,000 on a transaction.
    Well, What if you pay cash? Why do you need a driver's license to BUY a car? You only need one to drive a car. There are Regional incentives but I never heard that a person couldn't travel to that region in order to get them. Most likely, the Northern VA dealers have VOLUME incentives going on right now.

Most dealerships can't sell an MDX for much less than invoice (maybe a few hundred under invoice); but, all can sell you at Invoice with no dealer fees.
    I just did some email negotiating and got the Tech/Ent in the colors I want and dealer agreed to $45,500 plus TTL with wheel locks and window tint. I feel pretty good about this deal and just hope there are no surprises when I go in tomorrow. Thanks for all of your help.