Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Took Delivery July 3rd after much research. Had to go outside my local area, one dealer in Southeast Wisconsin makes for very low bargaining motivation. Found my Tech in Chicago area for $41,997 + 860 destination charge + TTL. Also got 2 years free scheduled maintenance, based on distance from my home may or may not use that. Entire deal was done via email and a couple of phone calls. Very low stress. Car had 6 miles on it when delivered and I could not be happier. good luck finding yours, hope this helps.
  • alwaysacuraalwaysacura Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    Wow...aren't you polite? Yeah, I have nothing better to do with my time than join this forum to lie about what I paid for my car. Seriously? Would you like to see my Sales Agreement? $44,300 plus destination, and TTL. I had a trade, but think I made a pretty good deal there, as well. Did I mention, that not only did I get this deal at Elite Acura (where they sweetened it with the advanced running boards!), but at Metro and Turnersville Acura as well? They didn't have the color I wanted, and I didn't care to wait. I don't know where you live, but this is what they can be had for in this area. Maybe you should jump down off your high horse and walk here. Check out Truecar.com. The dealer cost is $43,557. They made some money on my trade, as well. BTW, thanks for the warm welcome Juli714. :mad:
  • alwaysacuraalwaysacura Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    So, because this is my first posting that automatically means I'm a liar? I'm so glad I wasted my time on this forum. The 2003 MDX forum was composed of much nicer people. Since you and Juli714 think you should pay more for your MDX, so do I. Perhaps they could throw in a remedial course in good manners, as well.

To the rest of the forum folks. Happy MDX shopping! I hope you can use the info I provided to get a good deal on your MDX. When you do get a good deal, don't even bother posting it, since no one will believe you either. $44,300 is what I paid in South Jersey for a TECH/ENT and I could have made the deal 3x. Maybe without a trade, you'll pay a little more. Dealers make money one way or the other. Good luck!
  • jamtracyjamtracy Posts: 74
    Thanks for the posts. I'm sure some people on here can and will use your experience to help them get a good price on their car. I'm waiting for my Pilot lease to expire and I'm upgrading to an MDX. Good luck and enjoy your ride!
  • Elite Acura is in Maple Shade, NJ near Mt. Laurel. Exit 4 off NJ turnpike, RT 73N to RT 38E. Sales manager that I dealt with is D. H. You can find his full name at Eliteacura.com. :)
  • Thank you. This is my second MDX and I am a fan for life. Test drove the Acadia because we love the look, but the interior quality just couldn't compare. Cheap plastic everywhere. The drive was ho-hum as well. Took the MDX out on a test track (think grand prix, not nascar) at one of the dealers and it was awesome. The tranny just propelled it around the tight turns! Woosh! I wish I could drive on that track every day! :oD I love all the new tech too! You can tell the car to do practically anything-even change the radio station and such. I read yesterday that 2011's will be updated inside and out. You may want to wait and see what changes are made. Good luck!
  • From Automobile.com:
    The Acura MDX will get a styling refresh for 2011. Acura has also said it may offer a V6 diesel engine option on the 2011 MDX. Expect the 2011 Acura MDX to hit showroom floors in the autumn of 2010. Read our car review of the 2011 MDX for additional details.

Specifications

Here are specs we know so far on the 2011 Acura MDX:

Pricing: the 2011 MDX should start at around $43,000 MSRP; no invoice data available
    Fuel economy: current fuel economy car ratings for the MDX are 16/21 mpg city/highway, but if Acura decides to offer a diesel V6 engine option, the ratings for that engine option will likely be higher.
    Engine: 3.7-liter, 300-horsepower V6; diesel V6 engine may also be an option
    Drivetrain: six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control
    Acceleration: 0-60 mph in under 8 seconds likely, but no data available yet
    Model lineup: five existing trim levels will probably carry over to 2011, but only select trims may be available with new diesel engine
    Car safety features: identical to those of the 2010 MDX
    Suspension: active sport suspension available with Advance package trim
    Warranty: four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty; six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty; roadside assistance for life of the vehicle
    Exterior Features

The first auto review articles of the 2011 Acura MDX suggest a significantly revised front end. Buyers can also expect redesigned headlamps and a refreshed lower bumper fascia for 2011.

Interior Features

Typically, Acura refreshes its models’ interiors when they revise their exteriors, but we won’t know for sure until official photos are released. The center stack console of the current Acura MDX model has taken a lot of flak from critics, so a redesign is likely in that regard.

Performance

Honda has not confirmed any changes under the hood for the 2011 Acura MDX. However, the automaker has said that it would like to offer a fuel-efficient diesel V6 engine option in the MDX for either the 2011 or 2012 model years. Should the MDX offer a diesel option for 2011, buyers can expect radically improved fuel economy. Changes to the existing 3.7-liter, 300-hp V6 are unlikely for the coming year. We’ll know more about the performance, braking, and handling of the 2011 Acura MDX once we conduct an official road test.
  • dtcedtce Posts: 4
    I emailed around to 5-6 different Acura dealers in Chicagoland (mostly northern/western burbs). Got quotes from 3 or 4 of them. The dealer I bought from (which thankfully was also the dealer closest to me) provided the best quote up front, with the nearest being a couple of hundred dollars more expensive. I've done this now 3 times over the past 4 years or so (other 2 times buying Hondas) and it's by far the best way to buy a car nowadays, assuming you know what vehicle you want ahead of time, so that you're not wasting time jumping from dealer to dealer. It's relatively painless. Of course, it's easier with Hondas/Acuras, where the packages are essentially set with few if any options (vs. Toyotas and other makes where there are tons of various options, which makes comparison much more difficult, as dealers will quote you a price, but without being specific enough for you to know what exactly is in that quote).
  • valueguyvalueguy Posts: 208
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, but that auto mag is wrong. They made an error. The MDX got a MMC for the 2010 model year. While a diesel option is likely I expect no other changes to the MDX until the complete redesign in 2013 (Fall 2012).

By the end of september the 2011 MDX should start rolling in to dealers. Typically, Acura will discount the remaining 2010 Inventory by offering incentives of $1,000-$2,000 (more if there is a redesign). I expect the $1,000 incentive to start soon.

By the way, Acura sent me a coupon for $700 off my next MDX/TL purchase provided I take delivery by August 31, 2010. So, in September my $700 coupon expires but I expect Acura to raise the incentive to $1,000 (no coupon needed).
  • crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    I wonder where Automobile Mag got their image, then.

Although, it does seem like there aren't any real changes from the 2010 model.
  • rf530rf530 Posts: 4
    is there any way to confirm the diesel option? I'd hold out for one of those which is the reason why mum is the word.
  • I am really glad to hear that they're not redesigning the MDX. I just bought mine and then read that article. I'd hate to buy right before a redesign. What is an MMC?

Thanks!
  • twinmdxtwinmdx Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a new 2010 Tech package in the MSP twin cities area. I looked around and found the best deal at 44218 with taxes, accessories and title/ tag. Does anyone have a better price in mind in that area?

I also looked in the Chicagoland area and found a quote of 41559. Can I buy a car from a Chicago dealer and register the car in MN? What are your usual thoughts about getting a car from a different state?
    Between WI, MN and IL, whats the best state in terms of taxes and tag etc?

:)
  • rf530rf530 Posts: 4
    You can't possibly expect to get any useful response with the way you quoted a Tech price. There are like 50 dealer installed accessories to choose from so you can spend $0 or $4/5K on them. Add to that the tax differences by state, doc fees different by dealer, and you can see where I'm going.

My advice is to compare model pricing without accessories and specific accessory pricing. You can deal with out of state if you want but it's more of a hassle.
    I have been emailing everyone about the accessories I want. The accessories I want are:
    1. Remote Engine Starter System
    2. Engine Block heater.
    3. All-Season Floor Mats
    4. Side Steps

It seems like only half of them call back with a price detail on the accessories. The dealers who put a quote on these come to a price of about 2000 for these additions. Hence, with a lack of accessory price quotes from more than half of th dealers, I have settled to comparing base tech quotes to narrow my search.

Going back to my original questions:
    1. What would it take you to go 400 miles to another state to buy a car? How hard is it to do that?
    2. Whats the best dealership in the MSP area? How much are they willing to go down on their quotes?
  • sl1288sl1288 Posts: 42
    I can't speak for better deals in different states where you are. I live in RI and I look at dealers in RI, MA and CT. I can tell you that you will pay sales tax in the state in which you register the car.
    So I will pay for the car (including options, destination and documentation), and for temporary registration fee at the dealership itself. Then I will drive the car to my home state --> register it and pay for taxes, license and other charges to the DMV/ Secretary of state at the local rates.

Did I get it right?
  • mayhermayher Posts: 41
    Do you mind if I ask which dealer in Chgo? I live in Chgo. and am looking for a base MDX. Thx
    I dont mind sharing at all, McGrath and Libertyville have quoted the best prices in Chicago. Please do share what they offer you.
  • sl1288sl1288 Posts: 42
    The short answer is yes. You could by a new car from a dealer in the next state or a used car from a person across the country on eBay, and you will still be subject to the taxes and fees in the state in which you register the car.
    I live in RI, and I only wish I could buy a car in MA or NH and register the car in those states. Much lower taxes and fees.
  • sweetap2sweetap2 Posts: 2
    just pick up my 2010 mdx base model today. $39k and title fees. in ardmore pa.

after a long research and comparison betwwen each model. the base suite me best for now. silver exterior and gray interior. for those of you are still looking. my advise is make your move before your favor color combo run out. I don't think acura will offer any better finance specials or incentives for 2010. apr rate was at 2.9% back in march, now at 0.9%. so don't miss out.
    COngratulations, BTW How much was the invoice on your area?
  • dtcedtce Posts: 4
    Acura of libertyville had the best deal by a few hundred dollars over the next best offer and by over a thousand over the others. Everything done online save for choosing the color and paying. The price for my base mdx was about 4k under msrp.
  • prasadperiprasadperi Posts: 40
    Folks,

Would like to inform you of my recent purchase. I paid 41700+ TTL+ 399 processing fees for a MDX with Tech Package at Pohanka Acura on the 6h of July. Out the door was ~44950. The 41700 included destination.

Thanks to all the folks who poisted their prices. It appears there was one another who paid 41500+TTL. So this price is below invoice it appears.

There are deals to be made out there. All others in Maryland area never came close to touching these prices. I got 1.9% APR for 60 months.

Good luck folks.
  • sweetap2sweetap2 Posts: 2
    msrp/sticker price is $43,090. tried to offer them $38(shipping included) first. after checking many dealer around my area, no one has the base model with this color combo. called the sales man few days later and got this deal($39k included shipping).
  • eusvudaeusvuda Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I want to purchase the Acura MDX 2010 model with tech/Entertainment package plus roof rack sport skirt. I checked with 3 dealer around San Diego, and their price is around 52K, is this a reasonable price ?

Thanks
  • adduaddu Posts: 16
    Congrats prasadperi. Thats a great price. Invoice is around 42,900 last I checked couple of months back. That's when I bought mine for 41,900. I actually had a quote for 41,700 from out of area but I wanted to buy local so paid 200 over. I noticed you guys have a big processing fee to pay. here it is 52 bucks

And yes lowest I have seen is 41,500
  • firstmdxfirstmdx Posts: 8
    NICE DEAL. I paid $39,000 for a base model in May at Pohanka. This also included body side molding as an extra. Your price is probably even better considering your tech. pkg. I believe after discussing with an insider at Pohanka that they have a goal of being the largest volume Acura dealer in the US. They usually achieve this, but on occasion a dealer in NY beats their monthly volume numbers. I believe this leads to some of the best pricing available.
  • adduaddu Posts: 16
    Your registration paperwork will be completed by the dealership based on the Zip you provide. You will pay all taxes and fee based on that at the time of purchase. the decision to buy local vs out of area would be based on actual savings (price diff minus expenses to bring the car home). For example it did not make sense for me so I paid 200$ bucks over to avoid the hassle. Also for me it was impossible to check the vehicle 100% at the dealership so it kinda helped buying local to return to dealer when I found damage on floor mats and get them replaced
  • saaber1saaber1 Posts: 31
    i finally have made the decision to lease the MDX Tech for 36 mos/12K miles. with only the first month due at signing and no cap cost reduction, i will be paying $640 per month (includes all fees, tax, and DMV rolled in). the selling price is $42,500 (includes dest charge).

i emailed over 13 dealers in northern/central NJ, LI, and NYC and none could match $42,500 offer i got from an internet manager (who doesn't make any sales commission but makes $ on sales volume).

i know others got a lower selling price but for northern NJ tri-state area, i thought this was a good price.

good luck to all leasing.