Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Micus, congrats on the new MDX. which model did you buy? I got offered at $41,835 with Tech package only. What's your configuration?
    Thanks for sharing.
  • eqt2010eqt2010 Posts: 4
    42.5K for Tech(including destination fee)...not too bad.
  • hmd2hmd2 Posts: 6
    I bought a MDX Tech 41,668 + tax, tag, title, and dealer fee(around 500). This included all weather mats and wheel locks.
    I think I got a great deal!!
  • fitzramfitzram Posts: 31
    That's a great offer. I just picked up (last Saturday) an MDX w/tech for invoice ($42,969 including destination). The only additional option included in that price was side rails. In addition I paid a bank fee of $595 and fees totaling $170 (DMV registration, inspection, tire tax & title).
    I thought I got a great deal but you guys are making me jealous! :)
  • jensadjensad Posts: 388
    Nice job negotiating an excellent deal. My wife and I did the same thing with an RL when the dealer would not give us middle blue on our trade in. My wife said, "its time to leave, that offer is unacceptable."

I got up and we would have left, however, they "suddenly" changed their tune and we got what we said we wanted. Its nice to see others bargain and not get cheated, i.e. give the dealer more than they should.

I had a very good friend who was manager of a European car dealership who told me that they work with 20 to 220 %. He said the Service Dept paid their bills and the car sales was the frosting. And I cannot verify that but I always take the sticker price, (w/o their add ons) and deduct 18 % and what I offer. The dealer will make a good fee and I get a good deal.

If no deal I leave and last time I left, I send emails to all the dealerships in the SF Bay Area and a few to the central valley. I received back the same day quotes below the offer from the local Acura dealer.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
    By the way, the MDX Tech for 41,668 was in Jacksonville, FL. Deal was done over the phone. No trade-in was involved because my car was totaled. Looks like the best deal out there.
  • eqt2010eqt2010 Posts: 4
    I would say this is steal price. Nice done!
  • one dealer here in Chicago area offered me $41,200 for MDX Tech after I mentioned the $41,668 deal in FL. It's valid for today only since they have to hit some goals. Should I take it?
    Thanks.
  • Can anybody comment on this offer? I have to make a decision by today. appreciated...
  • udeman55udeman55 Posts: 20
    Can you please provide the dealer?
  • Planning to purchase in the next couple of weeks with a 2002 Corvette trade-in.
    What is a fair price in this area for a MDX Tech and what is a dealer admin fee?
    I understand the freight, tax, title, but I am in the dark about admin fee. Any input
    would be of great help. I really like this car..
  • jskimjskim Posts: 8
    KoolKiller .... Nice offer! Looking for a MDX Tech also. Which Chicago dealer gave you the offer? Thanks.

To the forum gurus....I was wondering if there are any differences in buying in August vs. September? I noticed the current financial incentives expire on September 7. Were there better offers last year after the September 7 date? Better deals by dealer or financial incentives by Acura?
  • dvricedvrice Posts: 70
    There definitely was a difference last year waiting until the September/October time frame. Go back and read the threads from last year and there was someting around a $2k dealer incentive. Base models were selling as low as $35k.

I don't think the prices will get quite that low this year. I am ready to purchase now, but I am willing to wait until the end of the year to see if a similar incentive comes out this year.

From the forums, it looks like a very good price on a base model is $39k + TTL. I am ready to pull the trigger if an incentive comes out to take this price down to around $37k + TTL.
  • micusmicus Posts: 2
    fitzram,

I got the base model (a.k.a Premium), with rails and load bars. The quoted prices on rails+bars ranged from $675 to $900 at Bernardi. I am against buying a built-in nav, given rapid technological advances and dropping prices. Portables in plain view are an extra risk for theft, though...
  • Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late response but I've been making phone calls and was at the dealer's for 5 hours tonight. I signed all the papers and will pick up the car tomorrow.

Here is what happened from Friday to today...

I poked a few local dealers for pricing and received first round pricing back, lowest being $41,835 plus D/H.

After seeing the $41,668 price (D/H included) out of FL, I counter offered at $40,500 plus D/H. All dealer said they couldn't do at this price but one deaer offered $41,200. I thought this is a pretty good price and send it to another dealer which is closer to my house just to try my luck.

At 4:30pm they email back they couldn't do it and wished me good luck. At 5:15pm they emailed again saying they will beat the price by $100 but it has to be tonight.

So I went into Muller's woodfield Acura tonight and they honored what they promised over the phone and no surprises at all. I also added a roof rail for $380. The other dealer that offered 41,200 is Morton Grove Acura. The Sales guy's name is Rick.

So my final numbers are:

MDX w/TECH $41,100
    Destination: $860
    Doc Fee: $154
    Dealer license fee: $219
    Cook County Tax: 8%
    Roof Rail: $380

total: $46,219

I also took the 1.9% 60 month financing they offered. I think this is a pretty good deal to me since I have to buy a car quickly due to old car being in trouble.

Thank all the people who shared info here and good luck to everyone. When I was in Muller's lot, I saw they have plenty MDXs in stock.
    From all the research we did in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia Florida and lower Tennessee, Duval Acura inJacksonville is the best deal. If you are not wanting to travel far, at least check out Birmingham. If you have USAA insurance, they have a good price point to start with, then negotiate down from there. We did not look at Pensacola.
    Sounds like you got a great deal. The doc fee was low so that made up for the D/H! Looks like we came out close to the same numbers.
  • Thank you so much for your research and this information. This will help
    me alot in buying this car...
  • Be careful with the Jacksonville FL dealers. Some of them have a $2200 bump sticker that is undisclosed in the quote, and a $600 dealer fee.
    I did not have a problem with a "bump" fee from Duval in Jacksonville. Now, Orange Park of Jacksonville wanted to raise prices elsewhere...like the dealer fee.
    As long as you ask for bottom line price, with all fees included you will not have a problem.
  • kkaalankkaalan Posts: 3
    I got a quote of $42800 for MDX with Tech package. It looks like I can bring it down a bit more, but they were quoting a doc fees of $299/- . It seemed a bit too much to me. Can people who had bought around the Boston area please comment on the doc fees? Thanks.
  • Hi Guys,
    Picked up the car last night. It is a nice car with all the fancy features. One thing I did notice though it's not as quiet as my old Lexus RX, it's not noisy but just not as quiet.

When we test drive MDX Tech at the dealer's, the Grey MDX tech has cargo net/cover installed. We decided to get a black one, but I found out the cargo net/cover is not installed. I called the dealer back and he said it's not included with Tech package. Is this true? Do you have the cargo net with your MDX tech?
    Thanks for the clarification.
  • mar1an1mar1an1 Posts: 38
    Are there any truths about the 2011 Acura MDX Diesel option?
    TIA :)
  • fitzramfitzram Posts: 31
    Hey Koolkiller. The cargo net is not included with the tech package. Shop around and you'll find one in the neighborhood of $30. $42,060 including destination is $909 under dealer invoice. That's a really, really good price if the dealer didn't hit you with any markup 'fees'. Enjoy your MDX!
  • tunractunrac Posts: 19
    edited August 2010
    If I am not mistaken, the true cost of the car to the dealer (invoice minus holdback) is around 41900; this might vary a hundred here or there depending on the regional advertising cost Acura charges the dealer.

Therefore, at 42060, the dealer made very little profit; a great deal for you. Sometimes a dealer may offer a car below their true cost to meet some overall goal of vehicles sold. If I remember correctly, Honda/Acura also allocates more vehicles to a dealer that sells more (i.e. sell more this month and you will get more next month). This is advantageous to the dealer who wants more models on the lot.

Once 2011 MDX get on the dealer's lots (Sept), Acura might give further incentives to dealers and you might see even better deals.... but have fewer choices in terms of color, etc..
  • tunractunrac Posts: 19
    edited August 2010
    To repeat from another post above, once 2011 MDX models show up physically on a dealer's lot, Acura might put out dealer incentives to move remaining 2010 models. This may be with or without an extension of current financing offers, or maybe a sweetened financing offer might be the incentive. It all depends on how much inventory is left after the production switch to 2011.

Unlike last year, with a pending MMC to the model for 2010, there is no major changes for 2011. Also, if you read the news releases from Acura, the MDX has been selling much better this year compared to last year. So the incentive might be lower this year.

So September will probably bring better deals, but there may be fewer choices in terms of color in your area.
  • Thanks for your info on the cargo net. I don't think I'll need it but just want to know if it's included or not.
    the final offer I got is actually $41,100+$860 d/h. And the dealer fees are pretty normal imo so I think I got a pretty good deal.

After signing all the paper, I asked the sales guy why they are selling it at a low price since mine is about 1k below invoice price. He said the dealer got some extra incentives and they all expired midnight. that's why I have to come in that night to close the deal.
  • sbarciasbarcia Posts: 1
    Can anyone help? A dealer told me the last 2010 allocation for the MDX is coming within 2 weeks. I am thinking I should wait. Any advice?
  • I would like to thank everybody for the information posted in this forum. This information has allowed me to get the following deal on a new 2010 MDX w/ Tech Package:

2010 MDX Tech - $41,652
    Destination – Included
    Dealer Fees - $599
    Trade In – None

Towing Package (Hitch & Harness) – Included
    All Season Floor Mats – Included
    Wheel Locks – Included

Sales Tax (6.75%) - $2,574
    New Tag - $450
    Doc Stamps - $158

Total Out The Door - $45,433 (1.9% over 60 months)

I will be purchasing sport running boards and a cargo cover directly from bernardiparts.com. I countered the $599 dealer fees with the towing package (~$900 Installed) due to the amount of work to self-install versus the running boards.

I chose the Grigio/Ebony color combination and the dealer had to overnight the vehicle from South Florida in order to close the deal for month end. I had a lower price of $44,900 out the door from a different dealership on a Black Pearl/Ebony MDX Tech they had on the lot; but I really wanted the Grigio/Ebony and they could not bring one in for this price nor could they match the $45,433 from the other dealership. I was negotiating with four dealers simultaneously on this deal; two in Jacksonville, one in Gainesville, and one in Ocala.

I have had the vehicle four days now and love it. It appears there really is truth to “end of the month deals.”

Thanks again to all of you that have posted your numbers in this forum.
  • billybladebillyblade Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    This is a quote I just received for a MDX/Tech 2010 from Joe Bullard of Mobile, AL
    This seems real high... I wanted roof rails and running boards added to MDX.
    Here is the quote: This is a Cash Price Quote

Base $45,108.00
    ProPack 495.00 TriFold Cargo Mat, All season mats, Wheel Locks
    Roof Rails 492.00
    Running Boards 979.00

Total Sell Price $ 47,074.00

Doc Fee 579.00
    Alabama Tax 2,263.00 4.75%
    Title Fee 16.50

Total Price $ 49,938.50

I think this is a real high price. Whate price should I start with in dealing with this dealer?

Thanks for all your advice and help

BillyBlade