Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pauladkinspauladkins Posts: 15
    I gave up last week on getting an MDX. No one wanted to give me a decent deal. I didn't try Concord. When you say 11% off what? All the dealerships weren't even close to Kelly's Blue Book values, so I am surprised to hear you got a decent trade in value.
  • sdmdxersdmdxer Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Just brought home my white 2008 mdx tech w/power tailgate certified pre-owned. 21K miles with roof rack, cross bars, running boards, chrome wheels for $34,720 + tax/fees. Also purchased the Acura Care Warranty, zero deductible, 7y/100k for $980. 2.34% financing.

Thanks for everyone's info, it helped me a ton! BTW, I'm in SoCal.
  • stlddsstldds Posts: 1
    I tried to negotiate with the 2 Acura dealerships in the St Louis area and they didn't come close to the offers I got from the Chicago area. They both started with the invoice price and asked to make a "reasonable" profit. What a bunch of BS. I ended up getting a base MDX in Orland Park, IL, in the color combo I wanted (Grigio/Taupe) for $39,660 including destination. This is not the absolute lowest price that I was quoted, but the internet salespeople were super nice guys. They were able to complete the credit application over the phone to ensure that I got the 0.9% rate over 36 months. Another dealer in the Chicago area didn't want to complete the credit application until I go in, so I didn't go with them. Bought a one way ticket to Columbus with a layover at Chicago (saved me $35 by doing this versus buying the ticket to Chicago), got out at Chicago, jumped in the cab and went down to the dealership. They even helped me with the cab fare. Drove 300 miles to get back to St Louis. Saved me about 2 grands.
  • jensadjensad Posts: 388
    Hi Pauladkins

The sticker price on the mdx with advance, was $ 55000. We paid $ 48000 which included a luggage rack. The advance model according Edmunds info has the tech within the advance add on Since we will be traveling across the USA we wanted the full boat which the safety stuff in also a part of the advanced.

If you contact Concord Acura speak with Terry Dudley the sales person. He will be helpful to you to decide. Also they have a lot of mdxs with various add ons.

The reason we decided to buy from Concord Acura was I had purchased my 08 RL there at a price of $ 42500 when the sticker was 52k. This time the dealer offered a 11 % discount with out "negociaton" and I figured it saved us vs. them negociations so i accented to the deal.

We also got $ 17500 tradein on our 06 Pilot, with 37000 k but with body damage. Blue book was close to $ 17500.

The problems in Japan is beginning to carry over into the supply and demand inventory over here. I.e. I have a feeling that the dealers will begin to not sell their big selling models at a discount as before. JMO, but Terry mentioned it and I assumed that the dealers will get a higher price now.

Pls let me know how you do Paula. Also I paid cash and did not finance the mdx.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
  • n1nja_dn1nja_d Posts: 17
    Nice price! I was able to get $45,500 OTD for a 2011 MDX Tech WITH roof rails/cross bars/ side steps at Rosenthal Acura in MD.
  • Sounds like a very good price. What tax rate is included in that, 6%?
  • seaweed20seaweed20 Posts: 28
    Hi All,

Across the four dealers I have reached out to in Northern NJ, the best OTD price I am getting is $47,200. Is this a fair price? I don't think so but wanted to get your perspective.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • twmdxtwmdx Posts: 13
    Yikes that's high. If you're willing to drive a few hours south, there are better prices in MD and VA. I just picked up a 2011 MDX Tech for 43250 OTD in northern VA. Probably could have gone a tad lower if I went with a color combo in the dealer's lot, but I wanted my first choice! :)
    That's a great price twmdx. Congratulations on your purchase. Could you share the details of your dealer and salesperson with me? With that big a difference, more than happy to drive down to VA to buy.

quick question, with buying out of state, does one sacrifice on after sales service experience? Assumption being that I would go to a dealership closer to me for servicing.

Thanks
  • seaweed20 -
    I would try Elite Acura in Maple Shade, NJ; they've quoted me close to invoice pricing for a 2011 MDX Tech/Entertainment at $45,180. Acura of Turnersville, NJ is also pretty close to that price.

Let me know how you make out, i'm trying to close out my deal soon.
    Hi lookingforcars, the OTD price of $47,200 (incld 7% NJ tax, registration, etc.) that I have been quoted is based of the invoice price of $43,290 for the Tech model. Now trying to see if I can get a lower price than that.

Is the $45,180 that they are quoting inclusive of all fees, taxes, etc?

Thanks
    edited May 2011
    Both Radley and Pohanka are aggressive in negotiating and both matched each other; at that point you can see what else they're willing to offer (additional accessories, free services, etc). Both dealerships were pleasant to work with, as long as you know your numbers and stick to your guns. Again, they'll probably give you bigger discounts on colors/options that they have on the lot vs something they'll have to order.

Usually, buying from a specific dealership gets you freebies (e.g., safety inspections, oil changes) and/or discounts during service at that dealership only. That's one thing you'll lose out if you don't buy locally.
  • Hi seaweed20 - sorry didn't realize your price was OTD? My quotes are on sale price on vehicle, taxes, title/reg is extra.

How much are you able to save by traveling out of NJ to purchase the vehicle?
    Yes, it was 6%.
    Hi lookingforcars, I haven't yet received a quote from Pohanka or other dealers in VA. Based on the math on twmdx's purchase, seems I could save $1,500-$2,000 on the purchase.

Eventually, the trade-off for me is going to be not just the price for the new MDX but also what I get on my trade-in. Net of the trade-in, I have an OTD quote of $32,500 in NJ. I am hoping that VA dealers get me closer to $30K.
  • TWMDX, the closest I came was Radley quoting me $44,300 OTD. Would you mind sharing your salesperson's contact information? Just their name and the dealer you did buy with. I'm looking to purchase by this weekend. Thanks!
  • Hey there... would you mind sharing who you worked with? I would greatly appreciate the help. Can't seem to get close with Pohanka and Radley.
  • fuji3fuji3 Posts: 3
    Hi lccalvert_1999,
    I am also hunting a MDX car and just read your post.
    May I know the quote you are getting $44,300 OTD-is this a Basic or Tech package? If it is a Tech package, seems a very good deal to me. Thanks.
  • Yes, its OTD. However, some folks have gotten much better deals. Well, maybe not much better, but $750 to $1000 is good coin. Go back and search about a month or so in these posts and you'll see some consistently lower prices.
    Hi lccalvert_1999, any luck with the dealer/salesperson?

Am looking for the Tech package as well and trying to see if I can close this weekend too.

No quotes yet from Pohanka or Radley.
    Man, if only the two of you were planning to buy a few weeks earlier (or if I had waited until now) I'm thinking the three of us could've gotten an even better deal!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,889
    Please...

No dealer contact information in your posts... And, if you want someone to have your e-mail address, then mark it public, in your profile... Do NOT post your e-mail in the discussion..

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hi kyfdx, Understand the e-mail concerns, but why can't we post dealer related info if it helps others? Just curious to know.

Thanks
    Hi,

Sent you an e-mail last night. I am planning on driving down today (~250 miles) so let's connect soon, if possible.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,889
    On forums where salesperson names are allowed, you get a lot of:

"I had a great experience with Joe Bag-0-Donuts at Downtown Chevy... He always gives the best deals! Go down today, and drive home in your own Chevy!"

We are a consumer-oriented website and find that our policy keeps out the shills.... Please refer to the message printed on each page of the Prices Paid Forums:

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks... .and have a great day!

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host - Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Got it. Thanks
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the info kyfdx!

Well seaweed20 and lccalvert_1999, best of luck in any case. I'm sure you'll be able to negotiate a great price by purchasing two and have multiple dealers compete.
  • enfgyojenfgyoj Posts: 9
    Hi -

Anyone who purchased 2011 MDX -Tech or Ent in Dallas Tx?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
  • dlake3dlake3 Posts: 1
    I just bought my tech package mdx2011 here in OR. Prices here seems to be steeper than some of the prices I have seen people paying on East coast. I ended up paying 46200 out of the door for tech package with advance running, roof rail , cross bars and NW package ( all season floor mats +cargo tray + wheel lock).
    Appreciate your feedback on how I did. I did compromised on color a little. Bought palladium mettalic though Gregio was my first choice.
    Hey there,
    I purchased my MDX Tech from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD.