Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    There is no set special rate financing from Acura Financial on Certified MDX models. The only current special rate offered on used vehicles is for Certified TL's at 1.9-2.9%.

On Certified it is specific to the consumer, their credit history, the vehicle and year, amount financed, etc. 4.9 sounds good on a used 2009, unless you have been legitimately approved elsewhere for the same amount and vehicle at a lower rate. In that case, give the dealer the info and have their banks match or beat your rate.
  • free888free888 Posts: 16
    It looks like the target prices for MDX's should be approximately $4000 below invoice, assuming you can get the conquest or loyalty incentive. Was able to get a tech for less than $40k before TTL.
  • cml4cml4 Posts: 8
    Great price! What incentives were used, if any, to get this price?
  • mylt4mylt4 Posts: 21
    OK - Just finalized this deal....
    MDX Tech, Roof rails, cross bar, body side molding and trunk mat for $40,250 _TTL.
    I think it is a good deal....
    \ :)
  • cm1379cm1379 Posts: 11
    Nice! Where did you buy this one? I got Tech with all season mats, wheel locks and cargo tray for 40970+TTL in NJ....
  • bayman48bayman48 Posts: 22
    yeah, where did you get this deal...seems like a good price...although, after i made my purchase, another dealer came in with a late offer of 39k (after conquest and flex cash) for an mdx tech with all weather floor mats.
  • isidroisidro Posts: 2
    Visit a dealer and Got a 2011 Cetified MDX with 6k miles for $36,400 plus TTL. Was able to get new floor mat, wheel lock, cargo net. Hope I didn't get a bad deal.
  • cpolisecpolise Posts: 2
    Yes, I think there is still room to negotiate. Just got mine for: 43742 OTD including taxes and fees - 2012 MDX TECH.
  • joemdxjoemdx Posts: 3
    We had the $1000 competitor promotion because we own a BMW. We just bought the car today without the rails for $45, 000.00 + TTL for the Advance package. For some reason the dealer didn't want to throw in the rails, but agreed to take another $500 off the original quoted price. Go figure.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,475
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Posts with e-mail addresses included will be deleted... These restrictions are posted on every page... thanks!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• nmsgnmsg Posts: 39
    You can get a new for about 1-2K more. Not sure which MDX did you get for that price. I started out looking for a CPO or used MDX with Tech but found out that new ones cost about the same or a little more.
    Thanks to everyone on this board. I justed picked up my new MDX with Tech package this past Saturday. Had a great experience with Regal Acura in Lakeland. Great SUV!
  • koacatkoacat Posts: 3
    Looks like several people on here were able to get a tech for around $40K, will any of you share your locations? I am negotiating in the Seattle area and can't get them below $43K, before TT&L. I don't mind road tripping a bit to save a few thousand. Thanks!
  • isidroisidro Posts: 2
    I agree with you... The folks have mentioned price at $36.9K for 2012 Base Model. But it's probably with conquest/Flex cash which I am not qualified for. so the new one will probably cost me around $38K. But the MDX I reserved starts service in 09/2011. So with additional one year warranty, it's covered longer than the New MDX. Not sure whether my logic is right...... Haven't pick up the car yet..Still can back off...That's a really hard decision for me.
  • I am also looking in the Seattle area for a 2012 MDX Tech and can't seem to get them down below $43k... I'm thinking of calling around to Portland area dealerships saying I will pay $40k and see who bites. Not sure why Seattle area dealerships demand such a premium.
  • racemracem Posts: 8
    Where are these folks getting 36.9k for base model? I am in Dallas/Fortworth area, the best I can get is around 38.5k. Could someone advise on how to get a better one?
  • kwokdogsfkwokdogsf Posts: 1
    I am in the Bay Area - was at Acura Marin and I am in negotiations right now for a Tech with rails and roof rack

Putting down 20k

They want 481 / month (1.9%, 60 mo) which, if I calculate TTL at 10%, comes to about 43.2k base

I told them I want to Tech with rails, rack and 18 inch wheels for 475 / month out the door which comes out to about 40.8K base .... thinking they won't go for it!

Looking for your local knowledge bayman!
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Posts: 269
    Very difficult to compare the way you have priced out.

Also it does'nt makes sense or the dealer is taking you to cleaner for BASE package

481 per month @1.9% for 60 month = 27.5K in initial loan amount
    Add 20K down payment = 47.5K This is what the car will cost you after principal and int.
    Subtract int over 5 years = 47.5K - 1300 = 46200 is your OTD cost
    Subtract 10% TTL = 46.2 - 4200 = 42K...your cost for the car alone
    I might be off by $50 to $100...

BASE MDX for 42K...dont think its a good deal.
    For Tech with roof rack and rails it is in line with what other folks are paying.

You are negotiating for monthly pmt/loan...not the car.
    As always the advise on the internet is worth what you paid for
    Pls do your own calculations..I may be off
  • koacatkoacat Posts: 3
    Yes, I was thinking of doing the same...it looks they had more inventory than the Bellevue folks, so hopefully they will negotiate a little more. Please let me know what you come up with and I will do the same.
    I got mine on Monday.
    Tech with body side molding, roof rack, cross bar and trunk mat, $40250.
    How did you make out?
    where did you get it? What kind of discount do you have? This is best price I ever see.
  • bill9902bill9902 Posts: 20
    I've received the following pricing and am wondering if there is more room to move:

Tech - $41,428
    Advance - $47,823

This is inclusive of the dealer cash, but exclusive of the $1000 loyalty/conquest cash.
    Is your price the OTD including destination charge? I got mine with all season mats, wheel locks and trunk tray for OTD of $42000.
    Princeton NJ
    Ask for Eric
    what kind of discount do you have?
  • bayman48bayman48 Posts: 22
    Kwok,

are you still in negotiations? I tried to work with marin as well...but in the end, they could not match elsewhere and was pretty pissy about the whole thing...saying, no way you get that price, etc. etc...so not my favorite dealer to work with.

I think $40.8 for a tech...after conquest or loyalty cash is definately doable, 43.2 seems extremely high...if it helps, might do what i did, just get rails and then get the cross bars from somewhere on the internet and install yourself...its the rails that is difficult to do...and you can get cross bars for much cheaper elsewhere.

Have you tried emailing other dealers in the bay area? If you want to know who i had success with and ultimately who i went with...let me know.
    I got discount for financing with Acura and the loyalty rewards. I currently own a TL.
    Thanks. May I ask for the amount of discount?
    edited May 2012
    It was $2500 total and they put is towards the down payment. But when I was looking on the websites of few dealers, it was saying $1000 for loyalty and $1000 for financing. So not sure where the extra $500 came from but I will take it.
    It is very helpful, I will try to ask local dealer if they have the same discount. Thanks a lot.