Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• csriram45csriram45 Posts: 53
    edited July 2012
    Please share details. I have exact same deal that I struck yesterday. Going to finish paper tomorrow but every dealer I talked to refuses to believe its true. Just in case my deal falls through I want to be able to do that with your dealer. He had however told me not to say this anywhere. Interesting how various dealers are saying various things. Please email me csriram45 at yahoo dot com

Btw is there a $1000 reward for financing? I thought it was for for being a previous Acura owner or owning BMW infinity or Audi.
  • c80c80 Posts: 10
    Great deal! Which dealership are you working with? I've started to receive some e-mails about 2013 models coming in daily, so you should be able to get some deals on the remaining 2012 models.
  • wangjtwangjt Posts: 3
    Sorry I generalized it. You HAVE to finance AND have a 2002+ Acura or competing brand to get the $1000 reward. You can find more info on Acura.com.
  • wangjtwangjt Posts: 3
    Sorry, I promised him I wouldn't post details on public forums and he even specifically said not to. But if you want, tell me your email and I'll send it to you privately.

BTW, the person that got 41,500 OTD, did that also include the $750 military incentive or just the 1000 Loyalty/Conquest reward? Because if doesn't include the $750, then that is one amazing price.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    I used a JVC DVD system and it worked great, but it's not integrated with the vehicle's sound system. It came with two wireless headsets and I bought two more off EBay...much cheaper than Acura system.

That said, my kids prefer to load up their IPads before we leave the house because they can take them from the car to the plane, train, etc. They can each choose to watch different shows, read books, or play games.
    edited July 2012
    I confirmed that both our deals are from same dealer. Heading there in an hour. Will report once I am back. Wife and I were wondering if with 2013 coming in and labor day in a month should we be seeing even more deals? May be +/- $500 but decided wasn't worth the wait.
  • rpram1rpram1 Posts: 18
    OK so I need the Bottom Line so I do not have to read 1000 posts:
    This week I will shop for a 2012 MDX with Tech and Entertainment.
    Questions:
    1. What is the price (before TTL) I can expect given the experts on this forum?
    2. Also, I own another Acura, do I get the Loyalty $1000 incentive?
    3. I also own a competing BMW SUV, do I get the Competitive $1000 incentive? (do I have to trade it in to get it?)
    4. Can I get both?

5. If my dealer only has a 2012 MDX Advance/Ent. how much more should I pay over the Tech/Ent?

Thanks - this decision is happening quick :confuse:
    edited July 2012
    I just came back driving back a 2012 MDX Tech. The price was exactly as I was quoted with no hidden fees. Experience was great. It does take a bit of time so plan to be there for that long. It will help if you have your color chosen then they will keep it ready. Additional options that I considered and not sure are
    1) Tire and Wheel protection
    2) Paint and Interior protection
    3) Service contract.

Can anyone tell me if these are worth it and if so, can these be purchased outside the dealer? Inputs appreciated. Also need to shop or accessories like roof rack etc.

Oh and forgot to add that another bay area dealer called and offered to match the deal finally.
  • You're right. Turned out to be a demo. This was in DC area, not CA.

The lowest I have in writing is $39,500 (including destination, dealer fee and conquest, excluding my TT&L) for a NEW 2012 Acura MDX w/ tech but, frankly, I find myself questioning the Acura brand given some of these unethical dealers - doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.
  • bpkumar81bpkumar81 Posts: 2
    Can you please reply as I have my appointment at 1 PM this afternoon. Thx
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,679
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ajs9ajs9 Posts: 9
    Thank you so much for telling us this. I hope you have already removed my info as I couldn't find the post to remove it myself. Thanks!
  • bpkumar81bpkumar81 Posts: 2
    Steer clear of Oakland Acura. Real Shady...The sales manager out there is a real piece of work...they try to sell you a car that doesnt exist (which they dont have). Will run credit checks and all paperwork and then give reasons to jack up the price on you - no shame in going back on the promises made. Sales person says one thing and the Manager other - and then he has the bravado to come out n say that he doesnt have to honor what the sales person promised you.

I tell you - these guys dont deserve to be an Acura dealer!!! Period!!!
  • rpram1rpram1 Posts: 18
    I need some help:
    This week I will shop for a 2012 MDX with Tech and Entertainment.
    Questions:
    1. What is the Price (before TTL) I can expect to pay, given the knowledge of the experts on this forum?
    2. Also, I own another Acura, do I get the Loyalty $1000 incentive?
    3. I also own a competing BMW SUV, do I get the Competitive $1000 incentive? (do I have to trade it in to get it?)
    4. Can I get both?

5. If my dealer only has a 2012 MDX Advance/Ent. how much more should I pay over the Tech/Ent?

Thanks - this decision is happening quick
  • ajs9ajs9 Posts: 9
    edited July 2012
    I'm thinking about buying a base model 2012 MDX. I have a purchase price offer of $39,900. I'd appreciate thoughts on if this is a good price or not. thanks!
  • shoptanshoptan Posts: 2
    csriram45, could you please share which bay area dealers gave you the quote for $39.5k on mdx tech pkg? The one you purchased from and the one who called you to match the price. Dealer name would be sufficient.

Thank you very much!
  • shoptanshoptan Posts: 2
    Wangjt, could you please share the name of this dealership?
  • Based on the price posted above in few posts before on what I paid and another couple of members have paid in NorCal this is not a great deal. This of course depends on where you are located.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,679
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• billy3554billy3554 Posts: 147
    FWIW - Pohanka Acura in Virginia sent me a price of $35,690 for base MDX and $37,870 for MDX with Tech. These prices do not include freight. These prices consider the $1,000 loyalty bonus. Pohanka will likely try to add the $399 Virginia Documentation Dealer Profit Plan as well.
  • A friend suggested I post this on this board and from what I am seeing everyone is VERY helpful.

So, your help would be greatly appreciated. The lease on my 2009 Mazda CX-9 is up in October (my first car lease) and have been advised that shopping now for a new car is my best bet.

We are looking to lease (3yr, 12,000miles) a base model MDX.

Can you please give me an idea as to what prices I might expect with no money down and everything built into my payments?

I am paying $480 a month for my CX9 and would like to be in that same area for the MDX which we love!

Thanks so much for your help!
  • domv76domv76 Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    I feel the same way you do! I ended up leasing an MDX last night for $580/mo for 12k/yr and nothing down but first months payment. I traded back my 2010 MDX. Both are base models. Where did you go? I went to Bridgewater ACURA. I am pretty upset. I already confirmed with an attorney that I can break the lease within 3 days.
  • vulchesvulches Posts: 17
    You need to be willing to drive to DC/VA where the deals are, but sometimes the NJ dealers like to play as well. Look for a negotiated sales price of $37k + acquisition fee and doc fees (so call it $38k total). Ask 3 different dealers for the residual % and top tier money factors on whatever lease it is you want (they should all be the same, but some dealers like to play with the money factor), and then use the calc at http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm to determine your monthly payments with tax and with nothing down (always a good idea with leases). That will be your worst case monthly payment. Whatever you do... do not talk monthly payment with the dealers. Speak only the the sales price of the car and get the other criteria and run your own numbers. Do not trust them to do this for you.
  • tk17tk17 Posts: 6
    Bought an MDX Base last night north of Chicago. Great dealership, easy to deal with, no pressure.

$36,600 incl dest and loyalty. (TTL extra)
  • Is this a good offer? Any recommendations? If someone has a lower quote, could you please send it over?
  • WARNING - Pohanka sent you (and others) those prices as a "bait and switch". Those are for USED cars, according to Pohanka.
  • I am looking at a 2012 MDX with tech. MSRP 47490. So far two dealers 1st offer both were around $41k+ $599 dealer fee ( That included conquest disc). I am thinking I should be able to get under 40K before tax, tag, title. Can anyone offer any thoughts or feedback. Thanks
  • sami5sami5 Posts: 9
    I paid $48100 for MDX 2012 Adv Ent that includes doc fee and destination charges (07/30/12). Most of the conversation and negotiation done through emails. Once the dealer agreed on the quote, and received a confirmation email, then I called him and drove to the dealership and walked away with my car. Finance Mgr tried to sell GAP and some third party extended warranty, but rejected all those offers. However, I was interested in 8 yr. 100k miles extended Acura Care warranty but quoted initially $3580. I rejected that offer as well. My goal was to get it for $1810 max for 8yr 100K miles. Anybody had got on getting AcuraCare for $1810 - 8 yr 100k?

Based on my research and others who paid for the same vehicle, i thought i got a good price for it. Please share your experience.

If you think I got a good deal, I am willing to share the dealer name and location send me your email.
  • Hey if this helps anyone I just bought a 2012 MDX tech package in Falls Church Virginia. I have serviced my 2004 MDX there not bought since I was transferred here last July. I have to say I had the best buying experience in 20 something years of buying cars.

Just call the Sales Manager Steve. He will work directly with you. I walk in from service and talked to him. It was a no nonsense process. He told me they have a high objective and programs from Acura are so strong so he would make a deal. I got in a new MDX for under 38K. I don't have my paperwork with me to give the exact amount but I walked away with no money down for $470 per month.
  • advan13advan13 Posts: 6
    I got a quote from Concord for $37,500 (includes destination) base, not yet factoring $1000 conquest. I didnt negotiate too hard since I'm not yet ready to buy, but I think they will deal for $37k . I emailed their internet sales guys.