Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Incentives extended 2 months until end of October.
    .9 % extended.
  • The guys at that dealership won't give me the same price and told me it is impossible to get a price like that... 1K more at the very least. Looks like you got a great deal! :)
  • I am in Dallas, Which dealership did you go.
  • Hi rite237,

Can I know which dealer you purchased your MDX w/ Tech? Thanks!
  • I purchased from McGrath Acura but I had similar offer from Arlington Acura as well.
  • Do you mind email me your offer? The lowest quote I have got so far is 40,500.
  • ashg2000ashg2000 Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    Thanks to this forum, I was able to negotiate to $40,500 + Tax + Title for 2012 MDX Tech ($43,500 drive out). Is there any dealer which is offering lower price than this? Please email me the details. I plan to purchase this week.
  • Bought one last week at Radley Acura in Falls Church VA. With Conquest cash paid $38,519+$395 document fee=$38,914. OTD was $40,290.

Ask for the internet sales manager, initials A.T. Very easy process. Negotiated thru email.
  • mdxbuyer7mdxbuyer7 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    For MDX 2012, 36 months lease

I got two offers
    From dealer:
    2100 down + 430*35 months (total $17150 for 3 years, for 10k miles per year)
    from a leasing company:
    1400 down + 449*35 months ( total $17150 for 3 years. for 12k miles per year)
    1400 down + 437*35 months ( total 16695. for 10k miles per year)

Is it the best offer? or people paying less than this?

Please let me know, I am a first time leaser, so little nervous
  • Was that $40,290 + TT&L? I got a quote today from Radley at $40,280 +TT&L and they said conquest ended September 3.
  • No it was $40,290 including TT&L. Since Conquest cash ended the equivalent price should be $39519 + 395 Doc fee + TTL so somewhere around $41,320 OTD.
  • I got 39,250 + 199 doc fee + ttl at Ramsey for MDX w tech
  • Has anyone bought a 2012 MDX in Minnesota recently? If so, please mention the price you paid, trim and dealer name. thanks.
    Also, did anyone test drive both a 2012 and 2013 and choose a 2013 instead? Curious to know your feedback as well.
  • I am also looking to purchase 2012 MDX with Tech Pkg in SoCal. Did you get any better price? If so, can you plz share the details?
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    2012 and 2013 are identical less a couple small trim changes and the NAV being locked out while vehicle in motion.
  • newcarbnewcarb Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Kind of new here....We have only one dealer here in Charlotte who does not send a quote on the internet. Others are pretty far away around 200 miles away.
    What can I do to get a quote from him? It seems he already had 2013 models on his lot...even then MSRP for MDX with tech shows 47K+ on his site..Any suggestions here to negotiate...
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    Uhhh go down to the dealer and hammer out a deal. That's what I did...wasn't really planning to buy...just test drive. But they were within $500 of my target on their first offer so we worked it out and I drove it home. Old school...I know. Worst case you're out an hour or two of your life....at least you won't be stuck behind a computer!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Can you send it to the one in my profile?
  • I don't see it?
  • Alrite. Looks like this forum doesn't allow me to share my mail id :-(
    Any other way you can send the details to me?
  • I am not sure...since I can't share my email address here either.

I am getting close to finalize my deal, but it is not ideal comparing to what people are getting here. Maybe different states make a difference in the price as well.
  • Hmm..Do you mind sharing your final deal details here then? Also the dealership name if possible. I am in SoCal (looking around LA and San Diego).
  • Hi, I am shopping around for 2012 mdx tech, Radley has offered to beat any price, is there any way you can provide more details?
  • pastready2buypastready2buy Posts: 35
    edited September 2012
    Radley is full of [you know what]. They offered to beat any price by $300. I presented a price in writing and they wouldn't even match it.

They also said their dealer fee was required by VA law (in writing, ironically). This is bs - a "fee" is simply allowed by VA law. Big difference.

Personally, I'm letting them keep their excessive 2012 inventory and everyone else should too. Unless you make them take a bath on the car. In that case go ahead.
  • ashg2000ashg2000 Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    Received the delivery of MDX+Tech yesterday. Final closing price was 39,998+ tax + tag + fees. Closing $43,000.
    Thanks to this forum I was able to find the ongoing rebates and prices which helped me negotiate the price for the MDX. Did not receive the loyalty $1000 discount as the campaign is over.
  • The dealer is, in fact, not required by any law. However, a dealer not showing it in the deal for all buyers runs the risk of being sued for discrimination. As we all know, regardless of what the dealer F&I people will attempt to argue, the dealer fee is simply part of the selling price of the car. In essence, dealer profit. Smart buyers simply reduce their offer to account for this dealer profit scheme. It is surprising so many posters on Edmunds seem to accept the dealer fee as legitimate.

Radley is like any other dealer. They give nothing for nothing. They are, of course, looking for the most profit they can get from any buyer. I have purchased two Acura's in the past two years. In both cases, I found a better deal in Maryland.
  • I agree and always ask for an out the door price. I could care less about dealer fee, doc fee, bagels in the breakroom fee, etc. - they can call it whatever they want as long as the OTD price is agreeable.

I don't, however, agree Radley is like most dealers. Sure, everyone is looking to maximize profit. But Radley puts it in writing they will beat any deal by a certain amount. Radley puts it in writing that dealer fees are required by law. I haven't encountered others who blatantly lie to potential customers like this.

Just my experience.
  • Would you mind sharing the dealership details/Salesman details. thats a wonderful price at this time.

thanks
  • Finally pulled the trigger and got the 2012 MDX with tech pkg for $38827+dest+ title+EVT+doc+tax. Out of the door was approx $43127. I did not qualify for any loyalty or military or any other discount other than 3000 dealer cash.