Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lewis3lewis3 Posts: 25
    I too paid MSRP but I got the cargo cover thrown in for free. To make you all feel better I paid MSRP for my Acura TL in 99 which was about 28,500. I got 17,500 for my trade in and it had 58,000 miles. 61% trade in value after 4 years and 58,000 miles is great. I am hoping for the same when I trade in this MDX.
  • miksmiks Posts: 33
    I ordered mine 03 MDX touring w/navi, cargo liner (have dogs so I needed the cloth one not the all weather mat), side steps, body side molding mats, locking lugs (protection package). Total with delivery charges 41446.50. Does this reasonable?
    Has anyone seen the sage brush pearl w/ quartz interior? I am really concerned about how the quartz interior will look since that is what I ordered. Thanks , Miks
  • Just ordered my '03 MDX for MSRP - $300 here at Acuara of Bellevue, WA. Ask for Timothy Leo - he was friendly and also threw a cargo liner for us. Now it is waiting time for the vehicle.
  • will4271will4271 Posts: 187
    I'm not sure about your area regarding market price for the MDX. But at $41K, it's should be a great price if you got all those goodies thrown in.

I paid for side steps and installed them myself (very simple but you will need a racket, wrench) for about $400, plus BSM for $112 from Hondaacuraworld.com. But again, I live in a high demand area for MDXs in the SF Bay Area. My dealer had give me that $100 cargo tray and $35 wheel locks (using Hondaacuraworld.com pricing) for free.

I heard some dealers would throw in more gifts and some almost none.
  • Hey Will-

What dealer in the SF Bay area did you end up purchasing from?

Thanks...
    I went to Serramonte Acura. But don't buy the one on the lot. Look for one coming in. Mark/Manager to look for.
    Am worried now that the Sage brush pearl w/quartz may not be all that. Still haven't seen the quartz interior and am in love with the ebony interior). Feel like I am settling. Why did Acura limit the interiors?. I saw the sage brush on a Honda van. Think it will need chrome wheels to set it off. Most chrome wheels cheapen the looks I think. I will have to look hard for some classy ones. Anyone seen these colors? Am thinking of changing my order to black w/ ebony. HELP soooo undecided. Worried the quartz with wood won't look as good as the ebony. Can't sleep at night. Delivery date has been moved out to late December, early Jan. Heard this might be because of the new navi system. Anyone heard anything? Does anyone have a 03 touring w/navi yet? I have seen a ton of DVD but no navi and no sagebrush/quartz.
  • I like the interior. Very sharp, more 'all weather' than ebony, if you ever have to sell in sun belt, much more popular.

The NAVI units are not as abundant as RES, but they are in production NOW.
    I got the Ebony interior and love it. It looks better than the Ebony ones in the picture.

My second choice was the saddle. I thought the quartz was a kind of flat color.
    I read the message from Illinois at work and was on top of the world and excited about seeing the quartz! Then this evening I come home and someone tells me it is flat! AAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!! Now I will not sleep again this night! :-) If you have the Ebony interior, what color is your vehicle? I did not care for the Havasu blue, have a silver vehicle already and the black doesn't seem to make a statement going down the road. I can't believe Acura placed such limits on the colors. One would think you could get the ebony in just about anything. Especially the white. Now the white makes a statement all by itself with tinted windows it screams "Look at ME!" I was not too fond of the saddle. I must admit I liked the Havasu Blue they had on the showroom floor with the special lights. Then I saw it in daylight and it looked completely different. I am afraid I got tired of it entirely too quickly. The sage brush appears to be a nice color so far. I think I have the leather blues. Thanks for your help folks. Flat, what exactly does that mean? Sleepless in Atlanta....
  • kaitsukaitsu Posts: 41
    Miks,

I live in Atlanta as well and have been looking for the sagebrush/quartz color myself. Please let me know when you find one in Atlanta area. Likewise...
    I already ordered mine and the arrival date has been changed many times. I will let you know when it shows up. Why the attraction to the sagebrush/quartz? Mine was the exterior color and I am stuck with the quartz as my only option. I have been told it is a beautiful color by the dealership but... what else would one expect them to say? :-) Will have to wait and see. I think the arrival date is now expected to be late January. I will let you know. Miks
  • wmquanwmquan Posts: 1,817
    I hadn't realized that the quartz interior is two-tone until I saw photos of it. E.g. most of the dash is black, half of the doors are black, and the rest (including the seats) are quartz. Surprised me, though I'm still deciding if I like it or not. It's the only MDX interior that is two-tone.
  • ...though MUCH more subtle. Definately deliberate, as there is vinyl in BOTH the darker "caramel" saddle and the lighter "khaki" saddle. Look at the glovebox and dash pad just above it...

The quartz interior that has the darker quartz is NOT 'black', it is lighter than the ebony interior -- I looked at 'em side by side. It is a "smokier" quartz, kinda along the lines of "medium charcoal grey" and the lighter portions are more along the lines of "heather mist flannel grey"...

If you look REAL close you'll see that even ebony is kinda sorta two tone, as the instrument panel surround and such is a different hue (though in truth as these pieces are still 'black' in quartz & saddle interiors, that would make them "tri-tone"...)
    Yes, that's true, the saddle is actually two-toned, just a lot more subtle. I guess after seeing the quartz I was really surprised.
    Well I must admit that sounds intriguing! Where did you see a picture of the quartz interior? Was it online? I had a 2001 Ford escape (I know, no comparison) but it had a black and dark grey interior. I really liked it. But my last two vehicles that were gray and black. I thought the MDX would be one color. I never noticed the two tone in the Ebony. I did however notice it wasn't as dark as the picture made it appear. The show room floor also made it appear darker. The 2002 I drove had an Ebony interior. In daylight it appeared much lighter to me. I must admit I was quite surprised. The 2003 I drove had the saddle interior. I have never cared too much for that tone but it too grew on me in the MDX. I really hope I like the interior or I guess I'll have to pick another color. Let me know if anyone knows where I can see a picture of the quartz interior. Thanks for all the input. Miks
    Hmmm I can't find a general web site with the pictures. There are photos on another forum from an owner, but Edmunds has a policy against the promotion of other forums so I'm concerned about posting a link.

Someone said it wasn't far from an Odyssey quartz interior so perhaps you could look at one?
  • Hi all,

Just saw the sage and quartz MDX, I loved it very
    nice. I have ebony in my TL. Like the quartz much better. The Sage was very sharp.
    Thanks so much everyone. Wow, I think I am getting excited again! I can hardly wait to see what I picked out. I think my major concern has been the wood against the Grey color. Sounds like it might actually be against the ebony in the ebony/quartz combo. Thanks folks for your comments. I am on pins and needles. Thanks again, Miks
    Kaj saw the sage brush w/ quartz interior today. Nice color but the quartz reminded me too much of my Escape. Too familiar soooo I have canceled my order. Car is being built 5 Dec with a slightly later delivery time. The one I saw today had already been sold. Have you seen the color? They have 2 more inbound; one w/navi, one without. Let me know if you want my sales persons name. I told her I knew someone that was looking for the sage/quartz. I ordered the silver w/ebony today.Miks
  • kaitsukaitsu Posts: 41
    Yes, please e-mail me the name of the salesperson to savenius@aol.com. Thanks and Good Luck!
  • ruby7ruby7 Posts: 1
    We just took delivery of our 2003 Touring/Navi from Criswell Acura in Annapolis, MD. We paid sticker less $500 when they honored our UBS discount for another dealer.

They were very professional and didn't pressure us to buy the extended warranty or Lojack that they offered.
  • Picked up my MDX yesterday from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA. Paid MSRP for the car and got 25-30% off the dealer options. I got 6 disk CD changer, running boards, roof rack, cargo cover, cargo net, body side moldings, which runs close to $2,800. Very satisfied with the appearance of the car - haven't driven it enough to have an opinion on the performance.
  • I hope the dealer wasn't charging you for the cd changer and roof rack, those come with the touring package! I don't think the other options should of cost $2800, especially with a 30% discount. Running=$800,cargo net and cover,$200. Side molding $150.(acura.com) If you got the touring , you got robbed. If you didn't, you should have, because it is only $2600 more then base and comes with alot more then a roof rack and cd changer for what you paid. Sorry, but I would double check what you paid.
  • sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    I agree. If you got a base upgraded with those features I think the dealer did you wrong. Unless that is what you wanted?
  • Actually, the MSRP for the touring with entertainment is $4,100 higher. I paid about $1,800 for the extras. I know you get DVD, memory seats, etc., but I didn't think the bells and whistles were worth the extra $2,000 or so. Just my opinion.
  • If you look at the Invoice vs MSRP for the MDX you'll see there is a tremendous amount of gravy built into these by the factory pricing:

INVOICE MSRP FAT
    BASE $32,162 $35,700 $3,538
    TOUR $34,502 $38,300 $3,798
    RES $35,852 $39,800 $3,948
    NAVI $36,482 $40,500 $4,018
    TRN $37,832 $42,000 $4,168

Just how much "fat"? Well here is the same info for the TL:

TL
    BASE $26,413 $28,980 $2,567
    NAV $28,371 $31,130 $2,759
    S $28,553 $31,330 $2,777
    S-NAV $30,510 $33,480 $2,970

And when one considers that currenty the Edmunds TMV for the MDX is STILL above MSRP and the TMV for the TL is BELOW MSRP, it is pretty clear that unless the dealer is doing something FAR different that what Edmunds suggests they are licking their chops after every MDX deal -- it is roughly TWICE as tasty as a TL sale...
  • dfjdfj Posts: 1
    Charlie Thomas Acura & Gillman Acura (both are from Houston) gave me the best deal in these states. I've spent all day calling and talking to salesmen. I'm very tired! However, I just wanted to pass along. Let me know if you want names.
  • at most, MSRP. I found plenty of dealers willing to sell at MSRP, which is 36.2 for me. I'm waiting until February. I suspect there will be a little more competition out by then and I should get at least $500 off by then.
    I got the '03 MDX Touring Oct. 31 with free cargo mat, wheel lock, key chain, pen at Serramonte Acura. It has to be a pre-order to get MSRP.

I wouldn't pay more than MSRP unless you have money to burn.