Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cmartinocmartino Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hello, I just got a quote for a '13 MDX base for $37,987 + TT&L in NJ. Is this a good price, or should I try to get it down some more? Thanks!
  • I believe Acura is offering an additional $1000 dealer incentive, which brings it to $3500. This happened last week. I am going to offer $40k + TTL for 2013 tech to my dealer in the Baltimore area. Will post back if the offer is accepted.
  • Where can you find out about the dealer incentives/cash? Edmunds never shows it.
  • If you can not get that price, try VA dealer. Check my post couple days ago.
    Also, one or two VA dealers offer 0% APR as well.
  • Shaojiadu,

Do you mind sharing the dealer info in VA? I checked your post but did not find that information.

Thanks!
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Incorrect.

2013 MDX incentive is $2500 only, and there is no volume incentive at any current time. Dealer cash and special financing are your choices.
  • Can you please give me details on your VA dealer, I want to get the same deal and I really don't mind going all the way to VA to get it.
  • where are you? Not sure if I can really post the sale person's name as my previous post with my email address was deleted. It is Pohanka Acura in VA. Not every sale person will give you the same price. email me at yahoo. same user name here.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Good suggestion - Pohanka is the same dealer that I shopped when we were considering another MDX (went for X5d). Ask for the sales manager or internet sales manager. They were aggressive on pricing. We are in MD, and also went to Rosenthal. Think we could have gotten them to match Pohanka's deal, but they started off a little higher (although processing fees were lower).
  • Yes, I believed I saw your post and that's how I know about pohanka. Thanks for the information.
    I dealt with two sale persons. The first one (with internet sale manger title) tried to play game with me and finally I got another sale person's name from my friend and he was able to offer me $1000 lower. My deal ended up with two sale persons on the order. I might be able to get a better price if I dealt with the second person from the beginning? No way to tell now.
    Radley in VA was also good. The internet sale manager at Rosenthal is very nice and gave me a lot of advice, when I go an offer from pohanka on the last 2012 MDX base. Didn't get my car from Rosenthal was because they did not have 0% APR(at least not on their website). For 5 years, the saving is about $5xx.
  • Ok...so thought I would share my deal so it can help someone else. Not sure this site helps or makes me more anxious!!!

Lease deal on 2012 MDX with tech. Added roof rails and body side molding.

OTD $40,908. 36 month 10k miles pay off is 24k. Payment is $481

So tell me....did I do ok?
  • A $1,200 amount for profit is high, IMHO. Also, advertising is just more profit so the total profit is $1,500. I would offer $41,000 and see how they react. What is there to be lost? There is no reason to let them know you would go as high as $42,412. Give them your base price without profit and let them counter offer. I doubt they need $1,500 in profit, especially at this time of year.
  • Additional dealer profit, often called a documentation fee to confuse buyers into thinking it is required or is a real cost to the dealer, is capped in Maryland at $199, recently increased from $99. Did not take the dealers long to increase. Not sure why the so called documentation costs doubled overnight, makes no sense if they are (which they are not) really cost? In Virginia the cap is $399, I believe (outrageous). My experience is any Northern Virginia dealer will lower their expectations in this area for Maryland buyers without much urging. Some even advertise this.
  • In the Atlanta area they are charging $599 for doc fee! Is this not a "real" fee?
  • Hi java5 do you mind sharing the dealer from where you got this price on mdx?
  • prbmaprbma Posts: 4
    Purchased an 2013 MDX tech for $40200 + TTL with 0.9 APR in New England Area.

Edmunds listed Invoice Price ($43,455)
    I assume, Dealer Incentive (2500) - 3 % Dealer Hold back from MSRP (1409), which comes to $39546

I was told by the dealers to add these:
    Destination charge + Doc fee + Dealer profit

In my opinion, this is a good deal. I was very happy with the dealership too, will recommend them to anyone interested.

FYI, I don't know if the Dealer Incentive is 3500 as someone had mentioned earlier.
  • Assuming $40,200 (i.e. before TT&L) includes destination, doc fee and additional profit?
    Yes, I paid $40,200 excluding TT&L
  • I think you negotiated a fair deal that would be close to my target estimate. I haven't heard of the $3500 incentives on 2013s either. To my knowledge, it was $1500 and then increased by $1000 to $2500. Perhaps someone heard of the extra $1000 and added that to the already increased $2500.

Enjoy the MDX!
  • pastready2buypastready2buy Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    Amen. AKA: "Dealer Fee", "Doc Fee", "Processing Fee", etc

To be clear, some state laws ALLOW these fees ("may charge", not "must charge") up to a MAXIMUM amount. In other words if a certain sales person at a certain VA dealer tells you the $395 doc fee is "REQUIRED BY LAW", said person is not being truthful about the fees - let alone probably breaking the law - and probably not being truthful about other things as well...just saying...

From the VA Motor Vehicle Dealer Board Newsletter to Dealers:

Our Consumer Assistance Division has received a number of inquiries concerning dealer processing fees. Specifically, consumers have been questioning whether or not the processing fee is a required fee.

While your dealership may have a policy that requires this fee, you cannot indicate to your customer that Virginia law or regulation requires such a fee. We have received reports from consumers that some dealers are telling customers that the processing fee is required by DMV. Charging a processing fee is a dealer’s choice. Telling customers that it is required by DMV could be viewed as a “deceptive act or practice”. Dealers who are found to have committed a deceptive act or practice are subject to license suspension or revocation.

Also, if you do charge a processing fee, Virginia Law does require that this fact and the amount be disclosed by placing a “clear and conspicuous sign in the public sales area of the dealership.” Moreover, the sign can be no smaller than eight and one-half inches by eleven inches with print no smaller than one-half inch.
  • It would be great if you could provide details on the location as I am in the New England area and am interested in a 2013 MDX with tech. Thanks!
    Two dealers had the same price: Acura of Boston and Prime Acura(bought here).
  • Signed a 36mo, 12k/yr lease tonight for a 2013 MDX tech:

no trade
    0 down
    0 due at signing
    no first month payment
    $559/mo tax included
    Includes chrome sidesteps.

Sounded like they were in hot competition with a dealer down in Houston for the number 2 spot in the country to finish out 2012.
  • first thank you all for sharing your experiences. Trying to negotiate the best deal on an 2013 Acura MDX with Tech Package. Best i seen on this board is 40220 + TTL.

But i'm a little confused, doesn't take much for me , if the 40220 includes destination & dealer profit. Can someone please clarify .

Thanks
    Frank
  • neil5neil5 Posts: 118
    Bought 2012 tech w hitch, side guards, rear cargo mat, MDX mats, hub locks white for 39K from aggressive dealer in Jax, fl. They own dealerships in jax and Miami (acura). they gave me 13.5K for toyota avalon limited with 89K miles...I think I did well
  • neil5neil5 Posts: 118
    I thought you should know price in Fl. for extended Acura warranty (extended) fixed..but in Ga and other states they can negotiate. The finance man at Orange park Acura (fl) told me this in closing.
  • I negotiated an offer (sale price) of $41,250 for a 2013 Tech.

Southern US.

May or may not take it. I also like the TL Advance SH-AWD.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    I also like the TL Advance SH-AWD.

Suggestion: Try the TL SH-AWD Tech 6-speed manual. Acura slushboxes suck, IMO. Seriously, we have an MDX and now that we have a BMW X5d with a good, responsive automatic, I hate driving the MDX. But I remain a fan of Acura's manual transmissions. Have a 2004 TL 6-speed that's still fun to drive and my old S2000 was a great gearbox. I drove the 2012 TL SH-AWD 6-speed manual. It's no 335i, and it's still too nose heavy in spite of AWD, but at least with the 6-speed manual it is the closest thing Acura (or Honda) has to a true sports sedan. The automatic wouldn't make it into my garage at a half price discount, but the 6-speed manual is a decent car.
  • We are reconsidering MDX ... is it too late since holidays ended? Anyone has updates how's the price of mdx after the new year? Thanks a lot!!