Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• coolpalcoolpal Posts: 4
    The best I could get so far is 44,500 including everything on a new mdx with tech in the color combination we liked. This doesn't include any dealer extras. Leaning towards buying it, primarily because the color combo is not available with others in ATL area.
  • daptekdaptek Posts: 28
    Is this OTD? TTL included?
  • coolpalcoolpal Posts: 4
    yes.
    Is that a good price?
    Almost the same price I am able to get. Dealer fees in FL are steep though.. close to $700.
  • hkmhkm Posts: 20
    Was it 42500 including the $1100 maintenance pkg?

I was under the impression that you had to get advanced pkg to get the blind spot monitoring. Can you please let us know how much it costed you to add the BSM?
  • carfuncarfun Posts: 6
    How much over invoice do you think I should be able to get a 2014 MDX for when they come out? I'd be open to ordering the package and color we are looking for.

Thanks!
  • No, 1100 was additional to 42,500. Blind spot indicator was added by a third party through Acura dealership. They quoted $900 for the BSI, but it is hard to tell how much they actually charged for it as I negotiated my final OTD price including BSI, cargo cover,cargo net and all season floor mats. I bought the vehicle at Pohanka Acura. I think I got a good deal :)
    Absolutely. Sounds like a very good price to me.Probably very close to the best deal. Was it with 0% financing?
    Is there that much of a price difference? or the not much change in the new generation?
  • I got 2.9% with zero down payment
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,233
    2014 is all new....my guess is they'll be $7k+ higher when they hit the street.
  • I am also in similar boat. Contemplating whether to buy 2013 at very good price. My understanding is that 2014 will be expensive and there won't be discounts. is that correct ?

Also, since for 2014 mileage is now 28 (hwy), will 2013 MDX will its value after 3 years ? what do you think guys ?
    I think 28mpg is a pipe-dream. I fell for that before on an Odyssey that never came close to the EPA numbers and I generally hit EPA on all my vehicles. Current 2012 MDX will do 22-23 on long highway and lifetime has averaged 18.5mpg. The multi-displacement engines do a great job of saving fuel...during the EPA test. My guess is real world it will do 24-25 max on the hwy with an AWD.
  • Thank you sebring95. I am kind of leaned to get 2013 ( while I can ). One dealer mentioned that 2014 will be on display at dealership on 04/15.

I like 2013 shape compared to 2014. what other features 2013 (base) will be missing compared to 2014. Any idea.

Also, how much value 2013 will hold (provided car is kept in good condition) with low miles (around 21K) after 3 years.
    edited April 2013
    I'm kind of betting on a resale bump on the current gen once the '14 models hit. The discounts will be gone on the new ones for sure and most likely there will be a base price bump. So in a few months let's say a '14 Tech AWD model will run you $48k. Those of us that bought '12/'13 models for $40-$41k should be in a good position for a number of years. Very hard to predict 3 year value...but I would think $30k-33k trade for a '13 tech in a few years. If you can own a vehicle of this price for 3 years and only lose $10k that's a win. I lost more than that on the 2011 Toyota Sienna Ltd we traded on the MDX. It had an original sticker price almost as high as the MDX.

I'm not seeing anyting on the '14 that would sway me between the two. I also prefer the styling of the '13 and the higher stance. The mpg would be ok assuming no loss of performance, but it's not a big enough bump to cover the cost difference.
  • yardcrewyardcrew Posts: 8
    From what I have seen in a set of Acura marketing photos my dealer sent me, most of the woodgrain is missing and the interior looks a little less opulent. Local dealer says there will probably be a "wood package" available. (?) Upside is the split console is gone.
  • yardcrewyardcrew Posts: 8
    In trolling for a parchment/Advance combo, I have seen a few 2012 MDXs still listed as new inventory. Usually they are priced $500 or $1000 less than a comparable 2013. Can this be right? And does anyone have an idea of how negotiable the price might be on such a vehicle? My understanding is that there is no difference at all between 2012 and 2013. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.
    There was some discussion on another forum about '12 models being listed on sites...but when they called they were usually demo's with 3k-4k miles. I believe Acura is still offering some dealer money on the '12...but only $500 more than the '13. I'd rather have the '13 unless the savings is considerable, but there are no differences between '12 and '13 models.
    I like the height factor on the 13's but I doubt if the difference between a new 2013 and 2014 would be $7k like one of the posters suggested.I think it would be more around $4K.

Everyone - Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

If we go for the 2013's would it be smarter to wait until the 2014 start getting sold? or would now be a better time.

Also, did anyone notice a drop in price over the last couple of months in the NoVa area?
    I'm the one that estimated the $7k difference which is basically the discount you're seeing on 2013's. I have to assume the '14 will be priced a little higher and doubtful there will be much discount offered at least for awhile. Very doubtful the discounts on the new gen will even be close to the current level for many years.

Honda/Acura is pretty good at inventory control when new models show up. Production of the '13 will likely be ending soon (if not already) and inventory will start shrinking from there. My bet is that if you wait for the '14 to arrive your choices will be very very slim for a '13.
    This will likely depend on the region as well... I see a boat load of new 2012s still on the dealer lots.
  • jizhangjizhang Posts: 5
    The 2014 MDX LED front head lights will look very very different from the 2013 models. It is very easy for people to tell 2014 model or previous models.
    Real world or online? Someone mentioned trying to track down a '12 model after seeing them online, but found most were just incorrect listings or demo units. Also, it looks like (but haven't confirmed) that Acura may have pulled the cash incentive for '12 models. That would be a bum deal (but not unheard of) for dealers still hanging on to them.
    Real world at least in FL.
  • Has anyone received prices around LI/NYC for a Tech lately? It just seems like they are asking for a lot. They are all giving me 42 and change plus destination plus TTL. They were pricing '12's around September for about 39,40 including destination and now I can't get prices anywhere close to that. Any dealers in NJ with better deals? Thanks
    Received email from Radley. The advertised price for a "Premium" MDX (which is negotiable) seems to have fallen quite a bit and is 35995 now.

If this is real I am definitely going for the 2013 model.
  • What is 'Premium'? I thought there are only 'Technology' and 'Advance' packages.
  • I was also wondering what is premium.
  • Need one more help from you guys, what is most selling color combo ( I am also looking at it from resale stand point)

Thanks in advance.
    Not sure i've ever seen it published for certain models....but overall Dupont claims 2011 most popular colors were White, Black, Silver, Gray in that order. White by a wide margin actually.