Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jwaymanjwayman Posts: 6
    I've got an offer for a 2013 MDX with Advance package for $47,000 and one with Advance and Ent. package for $49,000. Are these decent deals? Should I wait until May to see if incentives get better? Thanks.
  • I never researched for advance (or advance with ent pkg) since those were too pricey (didn't have budget) for me. So, I wont be able to tell you whether those are good deals or not.

but I had researched for tech pkg, and I would think 39.5 to 39.8 would be good deal (including destination and dealer charges) with few extras (read accessories ) thrown in. Then you can work upwards for advance pkg and advance pkg with ent and see if that make is deal. Not sure whether prices will go down in May
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,233
    It's probably $1,000 off the best deal you can get today with a lot of shopping. If you like the dealer and plan to use them for service, I wouldn't sweat it but I don't buy just on price. I personally wouldn't wait to far into May if you're picky about colors, etc.
    Thanks for the replies. This guy is actually the only car salesman that I've ever liked so I'll probably go for it. I'll let y'all know the final numbers.
    I ended up getting a black MDX with black interior and the Advance package for $47,000. I also got them to throw in all weather mats and a trunk mat. I probably could have gotten it a little cheaper at a different dealership but I'm happy overall.
  • yardcrewyardcrew Posts: 8
    Sounds like a good deal, jwayman. Congrats. If I could find that bargain in black/parchment, I'd be all over it. But that seems to be a hard combo to find.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,663
    As long as you are happy with the vehicle & the dealership, then that's all that counts. No matter how much you research & negotiate, the dealer ALWAYS makes money. There's always some money left on the table or someone out there who got the exact same car as you for less.

Enjoy many years of trouble free MDX ownership;)

Powered By Honda2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD

• suvsfansuvsfan Posts: 1
    Agree. We bought a 2013 MDX Tech over the weekend in the DC/VA/MD area. I requested OTD quotes from Pohanka, Rosenthal, Radley, Chevy Chase and one other north of the area. End of the month prices were good. And a bit to our surprise after reading forum messages, we ended up buying our MDX at Rosenthal. The saleman's first quote was straightforward (no tricks), written, and lower than the others. I felt like he earned our business, even if I could have haggled for more. So, like above, quite happy with the new vehicle & the dealership.
  • Congrats on new car. If you don't mind can you share how much you paid OTD for MDX Tech.
  • neinameneiname Posts: 5
    I want to buy an MDX Tech and am in the MA area. Does anyone have a good recent experience or best place to buy? What should I expect to pay OTD for Base?
  • hpr1hpr1 Posts: 5
    We bought a MDX Tech from Sunnyside(in Nashua) for 40800/- including destination. Other dealers in MA were offering the same price. Later we found out that one of our friend bought it for 40500 with all weather mats included in the price.
  • neinameneiname Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info, I assume that 40800 including destination did not include tax
  • Congrats on the new purchase! I'm started looking at a Tech but now looking into Advanded as well. Could you tell me if the price you paid is OTD and if it is, what dealership/salesman you used? Thanks
  • ajaygajayg Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    How much shall I expect to pay for a Tech pkg? The offers I have received are all above invoice and I can possibly make them go $500 below invoice as there is a $2500 dealer incentive but still it is nowhere close to what others have recently paid on this forum although mostly on east coast. Is the dealer cost different?

thanks in advance.
  • aarveeaarvee Posts: 5
    Sorry, was away for a while from this forum. I bought from pohanka, chantily, va.
    edited May 2013
    Yes it includes the destination, and does not include tax(MA tax rate) and doc fees (399/-)
    It is not the OTD price. It is just the vehicle price + destination charge. So I paid state tax and doc fees on top of the (price of the vehicle+dest. charge).
    Dealership is Sunnyside Acura in Nashua NH. Salesman was Idi, who by the way is a very nice guy, straight forward salesman.
  • acegunteracegunter Posts: 8
    As per Honda the MDX started production on 5/2 (http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?g=acura&id=7182-en). it will interesting to see the price and the 3rd row legroom....
  • jk7jk7 Posts: 23
    Looking around So Cal the best price I found for MDX with advanced and entertainment was 47700
    Around 52,200 out the door.

Not buying right now, have other obligations but just thought Id pass it on if anyone finds it helpful.
  • dpo2dpo2 Posts: 3
    hpr1 was that a demo mdx tech that you picked up for 40,800? Negotiating with dealer now and they are saying that it must have been a demo to get such a low price.
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,233
    I can't speak for him, but $40,800 is not hard to get on a new one. I paid around that for my '12 back in August with almost zero negotiation.
    No, it was not a demo model. It had either 3 or 13 miles on the odometer (I cannot remember it exactly). On "www dot truecar dot com", if you check it will give you the price as 40900/- without even negotiating for Masschusetts.
    Then you can take the certificate to any dealer and tell them to beat the deal.
    By the way, On "www dot truecar dot com" only after you give your email and phone it will show the right price. Before that it might show 43K or so.
    Thanks for the replies and valuable help. I ended up going to another dealer and without too much trouble getting a MDX Tech for 40,000.
  • jwfrostjwfrost Posts: 3
    Assuming your 40,000 included destination fee? I'm looking in CT and MA. Do you mind letting me know which dealer? Thanks
    Yes $40,000 included destination fee, but not tax or dealer fee ($359). I bought at Bernardi in Boston. I was also in touch with Prime Acura in Walpole and they would have matched the $40,000 price, although it took a bit of time on the computer and phone to get them to that number.
  • DC area dealers are offering better deals. I looked up past posts as well, and it looks like DC area dealers always (?) offer lower price compared to other dealers. How is that ?
  • gkapoorgkapoor Posts: 4
    We just bought our brand new MDX in bay area, CA. We paid $45,400 (w/ destination). This doesn't include tax, title & doc fee. I researched and no dealer in the area would go below this price. We ended up buying few accessories as well from the dealership at 10-15% off the MSRP.
    Overall a great experience!
    Sorry I haven't responded. OTD was the 47000 plus a doc fee of around 230. I bought from Gary Force Acura in Nashville.
  • userabcdeuserabcde Posts: 3
    We live in the St. Louis area. We are looking at the 2013 MDX tech package - hope to buy in next day or two. What would be a good price? Thanks for your input.