Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pzzdogpzzdog Posts: 15
    i got my mdx yesterday form nj and i live in nyc,i found out i dont have any inspection sticker ,what do i do ?tried to called the dealer but they closed today
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Your vehicle purchased from New Jersey will not have any stickers on it, and also not any for New York. Your dealer should have provided you information on what to expect regarding registration, tags and inspection. Did you pay for NY tags, etc?

Most likely you will receive tags/registration in the mail unless the dealer did not charge you for them, then just need a NY inspection yourself. Very easy, and always the case when purchased out of state.
  • pzzdogpzzdog Posts: 15
    edited October 2013
    yes i guess, thank you very much
  • Good deal. Which dealership in MN? 10k miles a year?
  • raywrayw Posts: 9
    Planning to pull the trigger tomorrow. The deal is 55,600 + tax/title, with free oil changes for life. (I intend to keep the car for a long time).

I am getting upto 55000 from other dealers, but no oil changes.
  • kash4kash4 Posts: 5
    Hi All,

Thanks for sharing the information. It is indeed very helpful for new car buyers.

Anyone bought a 2014 AWD in Seattle recently. If yes, can you please share some details.

Thanks.
  • Rayw
    Can you share which state and dealership?
  • Keep in mind that the oil changes won't be done except usually to the manufacturers specs and not as frequently as most people who want to keep the car a long time would do. It's also usually dealer specific. We bought our 04 MDX with the same changes for life but we are 40 miles from them. I'd waste 4 hours and spend more in gas than it was worth.
  • johnrajohnra Posts: 2
    Yes I picked up base model AWD in Seattle about 2 weeks ago. $1500 MSRP, add on 10% tax and about $250 TTL.
    Thx. I did do the math on my oil changes. In my case this is the closest dealer to home (5 miles). The oil change (plus wash) is every 5K mile - 3 oil changes a year, means about $180/year.
    CT/Devan Acura. Like I mentioned there are other dealers willing to so somewhat better than that.
  • $60 oil changes? best of luck
  • neonflxneonflx Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I need help deciding is this is a good deal.

I owe 27383 on the 2011, the dealer is giving me 31500 on the trade.

Tech and Entertainment package

36 month 12k 600.00 a month tax included.

is this a good deal?

thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,716
    Hello neonfix.

Is the trade equity being used to reduce the cap cost?

Any other money down?

What is the MSRP and sales price of the new car?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• neonflxneonflx Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I was told that yes the equity is been use to reduce the cap cost, no I'm not putting any other money down.
    They are selling the car for 49500, not sure about msrp
    Acura website has it listed for 50635
    Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,716
    Not usually a good idea to put money down (or trade equity) on a lease. Should the car get stolen or totaled you are out that money.

Do you know the residual percentage or amount and the money factor?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hemi57hemi57 Posts: 11
    Could you please post the dealer name. I am looking for a similar vehicle

Regards
  • ayalayal Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 2014 MDX 2 wheel drive with tech for 39/15k with $960 out of pocket. I got $570 ish with tax in South Florida. Anyone do any better? thoughts/suggestions?
  • I got a quote for 2014 Acura MDX AWD Base for $41800+tax/title. Is this a good price.

Thanks.
  • Which dealer? I got an offer at invoice $41,991 plus tax/title from Acura of Serramonte, too.
  • Hopkins Acura, Redwood City. AWD w/tech was offered for $47,000 + tax/title. Not sure $5K for tech is worth the money ?
  • mrmonty1mrmonty1 Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Me neither. The only useful components of Tech package, in my opinion, are lane departure warning, blind spot warning and forward collision warning (coz the wife will be driving it). I would rather save the money and pay the deductible for several accidents, if they happen due to lack of these features; which I doubt coz she will get used to driving the base MDX.
  • Sure assuming whatever lord forbid happens is minor, otherwise you can you the money you saved to bury her.
  • jammikejammike Posts: 38
    Negotiated the deal for the Acura MDX AWD Base in NJ for 41,611 + Tax +Title. At the Manager's office, I showed him $1000 coupon which they had mailed last year. So got the MDX for $40,611 + Tax +title+ $348 Doc Fee...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,244
    Gee... maybe you should have been a life insurance salesperson.

If you can't drive safely without aids that didn't exist five years ago, then you probably shouldn't be driving. If one feels those aids offer a good value, then have at it.. But, I don't think anyone should feel they are risking their lives by purchasing a car without them..

(I can still parallel park, as well... lol)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Do you wear seatbelts, they didn't exist years ago either.
  • Good deal. Which dealer and who did you deal with? Also, how much was it out the door with taxes/fees/etc?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,244
    5 years vs. 45 years... Also, a current safety measure that is in every car, not just luxury models. Not sure how that is relevant to the Acura Tech package.

Also, not sure how it's relevant to how people feel about their family members. Or, is everyone that buys a Honda Civic just an insensitive rube?

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Just trying to put this in perspective. Did you get $1500 *off* of MSRP? For example if the base sticker was 43185 and you got $1500 off, then you paid $41685. 41685/43185 is .965 so you got 3.5% off. Is that a fair representation of the deal you got? This would help us immensely to know what percentage you got off. Thank you.
  • 49500/50635 = .977 or 2.3% off. Is that the best they will do?