Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Which dealer is it? Is it a car already in dealer's lot?

The $48500 (OTD) is before trade-in? That's like 43600 b4 ttl for tech+ent in No CA right? Sounds like a decent price for tech already. A super bargain for tech/ent and you are fretting abt 180 miles?

From a few posts It seems like dealers are discounting ent portion heavily.
  • lhhlhh Posts: 35
    at least where i am in northern ca, on the radio, i keep hearing "big presidents day" weekend sale--including mdx's....probably just hype, but still....
  • Yes, 48500 OTD is before the trade-in. I got $500 for my trade-in (Nissan Altima 93 made w/120K mileage). I don't like the exterior color (iodized bronze) very much but since the price is good and sales manager is very friendly I pulled the trigger.
    BTW, I bought the MDX from Fairfield Acura.
  • I was quoted 48620 OTD for Tech/Ent with running boards and wheel locks...

anybody hear of better deals?

I'm going to the dealer today to see if the deal is too good to be true...the same dealer originally quoted me 49008 for tech only with no wheel locks.

will post again tomorrow my experience.
  • Of course this deal was too good to be true...the salesperson misquoted tech/ent and meant tech only...

on another note...would you buy a car from a dealer that is closing?
  • sascsasc Posts: 14
    we have a 44,200 quote on a tech, now squabbling over roof rack-dealer says his cost in 650 in the rack-does anyone know if this is right? we think we should be able to do better than this, but 2 other dealers in our area say that they can't do better than this, does anyone in the mass/ri area have any suggestions?
  • A dealership in my area is closing and has some decent MDX deals...anybody think it is a bad idea to buy a car from a closing dealership? As a note, we are taking the car from CA to Utah and wouldn't do any services at the dealership.
  • I financed the MDX through American Honda Finance (2.9%, 36 months), and the California sales tax and registration was added on to the financed amount, I had no choice in the matter. After some back and forth between American Honda Finance and the Utah DMV, it was finally registered in Utah 5 months later; I double-paid for registration but not for sales tax (Utah waives it if tax was paid somewhere, and the CA tax was higher). I asked about the temp permit/drive out option, but was told it couldn't be done. I did that with a Lexus I leased in Santa Monica 10 years ago, but that may have been feasible at the time because it was a lease vs. purchase (the tax is part of the monthly lease payment, which was incurred in Utah), or because the rules had changed, or just because the dealer's F&I guy was in a bad mood; in any case, he insisted it couldn't be done. It didn't bother me too much, I knew I had to pay tax somewhere, and Park City's sales tax is unfortunately not too far off the one in California.
  • Which dealership is closing?
  • lewis3lewis3 Posts: 25
    the silver roof rack is very expensive. I ended up going with a black roof rack. I got the rails, crossbars and installation for $400.00. If you want the Silver ones $650.00 is not a bad price.
  • 34-35k is what they go for at auction 08 tech package < 25k miles, believe it or not. At least in Pennsy and New Jersey...
  • Here are a couple from a recent auction, for those looking to buy used 08 models:

2008 MDX 6G 4SUV AWD 17,220 GREY $35,XXX
    2008 MDX 6G 4SUV A PS PB AC SR AWD 6,780 BURG $36,XXX
    2008 MDX 6G 4SUV AWD 22,639 GREY $31,XXX
    2008 MDX 6G 4SUV AWD 15,740 $32,XXX
    2008 MDX 6G 4SUV A PS PB AC SR AWD 24,657 BLACK $31,XXX
    2008 MDX 6G 4SUV A PS PB AC SR AWD 39,999 GREY $32,XXX
  • Keyes in Van Nuys (CA)...I have been checking prices against Mike Hale/Jody Wilkinson and CA dealers in Los Angeles.

They would never give me a quote, so I said no to them..
  • Good to know...hard to get a clear answer from the dealers.

Not getting a great deal in SLC since I assume demand is less...Price difference is only $80 (more in SLC)...

Seems like it would be better for me to wait until I get back to Utah to purchase the car...
  • dvricedvrice Posts: 70
    Are these auction prices for base models? I don't see Tech or Entertainment listed on any of them. If so , this makes no sense because you can buy Acura certified pre-owned vehicles from dealers for these prices. Not to mention, brand new 2009s were selling for under $35k last month.
  • ireneatlas19ireneatlas19 Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    Just purchased in NJ a MDX 2010 TECH / ENT for 45300.00 is that a great deal?
  • I bought mine from Brian Plowman (internet sales guy) at Sunnyvale Acura, he was excellent to work with - gave a great price up front, no BS at all. I got over $4k off MSRP on my '08 Tech package at the same time of year in '08 (Pres. day weekend), I would think he'd at least do the same in this market with Acura's sales down. I found the NoCal dealers (of all brands) more willing to deal than SoCal, it seems like there are more of them for the population, it's more competitive. Hale and Wilkinson wouldn't come within $2k of the deal I got. Utah luxury and semi-luxury dealers have a captive market; with the Germans, Lexus, and Acura there are only two dealers in the sate in each case. They tend to hold their pricing and write off the few willing to go out of state. I've gotten mine serviced at Wilkinson twice, no complaints at all.

Interesting about Keyes - aren't they also a large Toyota dealer? I wonder if we'll see more Acura dealers go down; that wouldn't be a good sign at all.
  • I would like to buy some accessories for MDX 2010: All-Weather Floor Mats and Sport running board. Did anyone order online, such as the e-bay store: THE ACURA ACCESSORY DEPOT. Are they really genuine Acura accessories?

thanks.
  • jayg6jayg6 Posts: 9
    I got a $45,500.00 quote for a MDX Tech+Ent(before TTL) in the San Francisco Bay Area. This was the initial quote. I believe I can negotiate it lower by another $200-$300. It appears that the price you are paying in NJ is about the same that dealers are offering in northern CA. However, this is the lowest I have gotten from any dealer in northern CA.
  • Seems pretty good to me.