Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I have been looking for a good price on a used MDX for about 6 months now. I have noticed in the last month or so the prices of used have finally started to become more realistic. It seems as though there are more of them around as well.

Supply and demand I guess.
  • pkewlpkewl Posts: 10
    I have been tracking *NEW* 2010 MDX price for about 3-4 weeks now since am interested in buying one and here is another price point data for people who are currently tracking/shopping for a new 2010 MDX price...

Yesterday, all of a sudden, I noticed on truecar.com that all of the price points (truecost, factory invoice, Trueaverage, and Sticker price) dropped anywhere from $779 - $1200. Luckily, I found an old truecar print out from the week before and compared it with current week (04/14/10) prices for 2010 MDX Tech and below is the comparison:

This comparison is for a NEW 2010 MDX Tech:
    Truecost: Last week ($42,241), This week ($41,055) - difference of ($1186)
    Factory invoice: Last Week($43,618), This week ($42,408) - difference of ($1210)
    TrueAverage: Last Week($43,735), This week ($42,956) - difference of ($779)
    Stricker Price: Last Week($46,715), This week ($45,905) - difference of ($810)

Not sure what exactly to make out of this price drop but I am thinking:
    1) Maybe all the initial excitement of 2010 has worned off and prices for 2010 MDX are coming down or are about to real soon...
    2) Maybe 2011 are coming out in the next couple of months (again this is a guess, I dont have any concrete info from anyone) and dealers are trying to push some 2010 MDX (es) out so that they can make room for 2011 and in a way still keep the demand high for 2011 model..

Again, I m not sure what's up with MDX prices but I just shared this data for everyone to see...

I also have a question of my own (esp. for old-time acura owners):
    Normally, when does Acura come out with their new updated YEAR cars/SUVs... is it mid-year, later in the year etc..?

The reason I am asking this question is to prepare myself to make an informed decision about whether to just wait now for a 2011 MDX model (and pay little more on 2011 vs. 2010) or try to get some kinda deal on 2010 since dealers right now are not willing to give good deals on a 2010... Also, does anyone thinks 2011 MDX is going to be much different than 2010...Since 2010 was fairly updated recently, I am guessing not..

Please share your comments...
  • That's interesting....we are just starting Q2 so I would expect that prices will stabalize and then go down.

New Acura's typically come out in the Fall (Sept/Oct) timeframe.

No too much info, but helpful -- http://www.automobile.com/2011-acura-mdx-review.html
  • jensadjensad Posts: 388
    I did the same thing you did with negotiating with the dealer for my 08 RL with tech. I send emails to all dealers within 100 miles. Vehicle wentfrom 52k to 42500 and the dealer threw in the little "extras" they do to make more $$$.

My wife is considering a 2010/11 MDX with extras. So around Sept I start the game again and see what pops up. I also got a quote from Consumer's Rpts as to their stuff. And it is important to remember that the dealer has a hold back about 2-4 k with the RL. Don't know with the MDX.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
  • The True Car prices have been too high for a while now. It appeared they were adding in the destinination twice.

Now they may be subtracting it twice. When I add $810 to their sticker price, I got the actual sticker.

That makes it tough when they aren't accurate.
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    Good observations but this is what I saw 3 weeks ago. All of a sudden the prices then went up $810 and someone pointed out that that was the delivery/shipping amount and we believed then that some one added the original $810 twice..now you say that this week the difference is $810 less..uhmmm...could it be that 3 weeks ago truecar.com DID make a mistake by adding twice the delivery charges and now are fixing the number to the proper numbers?...
  • lewis3lewis3 Posts: 25
    The 2010 MDX came out at the end of December. Most dealerships did not get the car until the middle of January and that was just a few cars. The reason the prices are comming down now is that the dealerships finally have inventory on thier lots. Typically Acura releases thier new cars around the end of October. I would not expect to see a 2011 MDX until the first of November.
  • I paid 39,600 include destination and wheel locks + TTL w/ 2.9% finance. i am in tx.
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    ..that is exactly my timeframe (Oct)..where are you?...I am in NJ...if you are close we may tag team and see what prices we get together....good luck..
  • dsr4dsr4 Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy this week. Could you please let me know who is the dealer in texas?
  • oscars2212 - would you please share the name of your dealer and salesman? I'm in northern virginiain and in the market for an mdx tech, and soon. Thanks much.
  • gypo4gypo4 Posts: 3
    Hey,
    I'm planning to buy an MDX w/ Tech package soon. Ive been offered two online quotes of $42,100 + TTL + destination and another offer of $42500 + destination? + TTL. What is the best price you think I can get (Price (destination included) + TTL)??? Do you think I could get it for $42,000 + TTL? The best price?
    I appreciate anyone's help.
    Thanks.
  • zcxs20zcxs20 Posts: 3
    Can you give me the dealer name and phone number..
  • jrdontajrdonta Posts: 11
    I got O.T.D. price quote for 45700 in CA which is 42000 + TTL and I have not negotiate its price yet. I got it from South Coast Acura in Southern CA.
  • vlumvlum Posts: 2
    42k + TTL is a good deal. Looking up Truecar.com , that price quote is pretty much just a little above their true cost. I live in Northern Cal and this deal makes it worthwhile to consider buying the car in SCal instead!
  • vlumvlum Posts: 2
    jrdonta, was your $42K + TTL the OTD for MDX w/ Tech or just the base model? I emailed up the same dealer you mentioned (South Coast) and here's their initial quote:

"$44,000.00 + Fees, (Tax, License and Doc Fee,) which comes out to $48951.11 Out The Door, (based on Los Angeles Tax rate of 9.75%)."

When did you get your quote?
  • I was ready to buy today (MDX Adv w/ tech) however the dealer tried to screw us on the trade in AND only took 1K off msrp. We are in St. Louis area. Anyone have any great dealers in the St. Louis/Chicago area? Someone who actually wants to sell a car?
  • jrdontajrdonta Posts: 11
    vlum, I live in Orange county and the tax is 8.75. Basically the price is 41500 (included destination charge) + TTL . My O.T.D price is 45700. So your O.T.D price is 46200. Good luck.
  • asteimleasteimle Posts: 1
    Just inked the following lease:

2010 MDX Tech (blk/blk)
    12k/year
    $0 down (nothing -- not a penny; I do have to bring first month's pymt)
    $615/month (+ $30 month Wisconsin taxes)
    Title and license in WI isn't bad (I am estimating about $200 total)
    Taxes are ~ 5.0%
    36 months

I got a "slightly better than fair" price on a trade. Took a little effort, but I think I got a good deal and the dealer was very pleasant to deal with (and I have bought from them all at one point or another). They had 3 of the same vehicles I just leased on the lot. I pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Any thoughts?
  • dv715dv715 Posts: 1
    Just bought 2010 MDX with Tech pkg for 41500 + TTL only, o.t.d. was 42880 (VA tax). Pohanka Acura...one day negotiations over the phone, and I got the color I wanted.