Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 99sub99sub Posts: 11
    $48 for Advance with Entertainment??? That's an unbelievable price with invoice at $50,037 (includes Dest.). Are you sure it had entertainment? Either way, with or without entertainment, $48 for an advance is an awesome price. Congrats. Enjoy your ride.
  • Great deal carlva! Great price and great loan rate. Pohanka and Radley are both selling way below invoice. [Go to truecar.com to see invoice prices.] We love our MDX and are thrilled with our deal, too. I love the email/telephone approach ONCE you have the needed info to hammer out a great deal. Thanks for letting me know posting was helpful.
  • minihopefulminihopeful Posts: 14
    edited May 2010
    Valueguy, don't forget the following features in your comparison between a Tech & Advance:

Active Damper System
    Collision Mitigation Braking System
    Adaptive Cruise Control

You don't think these additional options that come with the Advance package are worth another $2K on top of your list??? I didn't get the Advance because I didn't need those features, but I think it's money well spent for those who want them. I certainly don't think the Advance is overpriced for what you get.
  • coffeerequiredcoffeerequired Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    I wonder if there are any hidden dealer incentives for the MDX, I read some might be as high as $1,500 on many of the 2010 models.

http://www.realcartips.com/honda-incentives
    link title
    check link
  • jensadjensad Posts: 388
    My then new 08 RL w. tech, I purchased in 2/08 had a sticker price of $ 52000. I purchased it for 42500, I would suggest that the MDX would have a similar discount rate maybe even 19 % off sticker.

Good luck to all.

jensad
  • carlvacarlva Posts: 4
    Yes 99sub, the $48K I paid was for both Advance and Entertainment. Someone else got the same price at Pohanka on 4/26, I read it on this board. I'm not sure why Northen Virginia dealers are so aggressive on pricing but I've heard that Pohanka and Radley are both Top 20 US Volume dealerships in the country and they make more money on the volume kickbacks from Acura than they do on the profit per car. Thanks to those on this discussion board b/c I never would have sought that price until I read it here. Thanks to everyone for posting pricing information.
    Congrats. That is an awesome price!!! I wonder what a MDX Advance pkg without the entertainment would go for? I've been looking for awhile and would consider flying out of state if I could save BIG bucks. I'm in the Houston area. The best I could get here for advance w/out entertainment is $50K. Any advice would be appreciated. Did you start with a number and they counter-offered? What price did you start off with?
  • valueguyvalueguy Posts: 208
    I think holdback is 3% of MSRP. So, at your selling price they made ZERO unless there was a secret incentive or volume rebate. I suspect both are going on right now and we aren't aware of them. I read Honda has a $1500 secret rebate on the 2010 Honda Pilot which was released last month. Perhaps, the MDX has this same rebate?
  • valueguyvalueguy Posts: 208
    I appreciate you pointing out the other "stuff" which comes on the Advance. I wish the wheels were a separate option along with the perforated leather. But, I guess the Advance will be my choice provided an incentive of $1000-$2000 appears in the next 90 days.

What if gas goes above $4.00 this summer? The last time gas shot way up Acura put a big rebate on the MDX
  • carlvacarlva Posts: 4
    99sub, I'd be happy to call Al at Pohanka and queue up deal for you on of the MDX Advance. Since I just bought one over the phone yesterday, he knows to take my offers seriously. It helps get a better price if they have the car on their lot. Check out Radley Acura's inventory and let me know what color you want. You would fly into Dulles VA or National Airport, whichever is cheaper. I'd imagine sans Entertainment, you are looking at 46,800 or so.
  • is95a1is95a1 Posts: 7
    CarlVA, I am in the market for Tech/Ent in Maryland and would be interested in hearing what Al could do. I was going to go with Rosenthal at $500 over invoice, but it seems you are getting $2k under invoice. Do you think they would be able to go that low on a tech/ent?
  • cookieyhcookieyh Posts: 1
    I plan to buy 2010 MDX with Technology package in next two or three months. Anyone bought MDX recently in NJ? Any good dealer (sales man) to recommend? Thanks in advance!
  • MDX w/ Advance (no entertainment)

I was just quoted $46,150 for a MDX Advance at a Chicagoland Acura dealership.

This does not include destination charge or any accessories, doc fee or TTL. I am thinking this might be a good price??? depending on their doc fee...
    Carlva, Thanks for the offer. I went to their Radley Acura's website, they don't show any MDX Advances without Entertainment. With new posts today getting advances quoted in the 46 range, I am going back to those dealerships around me and seeing if they can do better. Thanks again.
  • I've had a terrible experience with Pohanka's internet department today. Based on apparently good reviews at this forum, I emailed them for a quote on a base MDX. There is a "quick quote" link on their website, which I filled out. They emailed me back without a quote, of course, and asked me to call them for the quote. If I wanted to call them, I would pick up the phone, not submit something via the internet. I followed up letting them know I prefer email communication and received the following response from Pohanka: "Email pricing is just an estimate. Real pricing is when you are here ready to buy not ready to shop over internet." I won't be shopping at Pohanka with that kind of poor response and apparent lack of wanting my business.
  • $39,600 + TTL for 2010 MDX base at McGrath
  • dvricedvrice Posts: 70
    Anyone know if there is any truth to the runmored $1,500 dealer incentive.

I've seen deals posted here on 2010 base models for $38,500 + TTL. I would jump in on a 2010 base if i could get it for $38,500 - $1,500 = $37,000 + TTL.
    I am thinking that is a GREAT PRICE!!! Good job. Just remember Doc. fees are negotiable as well. Go for it.
  • anyone seen a deal l ike that in Chicagoland?
  • ajay2ajay2 Posts: 3
    I am in the Austin area and looking to buy an acura mdx advanced. Not quite sure if the premium over the technology is worth it. It seems there are plenty of technology deals available. Like to see what deals you all found out there. What price point did you start at? I bought our Odysee 4 years ago via email and found it very helpful using these forums.
    thanks in advance- no pun intended