Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• twmdxtwmdx Posts: 13
    Man, if only the two of you were planning to buy a few weeks earlier (or if I had waited until now) I'm thinking the three of us could've gotten an even better deal!
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,906
    Please...

No dealer contact information in your posts... And, if you want someone to have your e-mail address, then mark it public, in your profile... Do NOT post your e-mail in the discussion..

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• seaweed20seaweed20 Posts: 28
    Hi kyfdx, Understand the e-mail concerns, but why can't we post dealer related info if it helps others? Just curious to know.

Thanks
    Hi,

Sent you an e-mail last night. I am planning on driving down today (~250 miles) so let's connect soon, if possible.

Thanks
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,906
    On forums where salesperson names are allowed, you get a lot of:

"I had a great experience with Joe Bag-0-Donuts at Downtown Chevy... He always gives the best deals! Go down today, and drive home in your own Chevy!"

We are a consumer-oriented website and find that our policy keeps out the shills.... Please refer to the message printed on each page of the Prices Paid Forums:

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks... .and have a great day!

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host - Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Got it. Thanks
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the info kyfdx!

Well seaweed20 and lccalvert_1999, best of luck in any case. I'm sure you'll be able to negotiate a great price by purchasing two and have multiple dealers compete.
  • enfgyojenfgyoj Posts: 9
    Hi -

Anyone who purchased 2011 MDX -Tech or Ent in Dallas Tx?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
  • dlake3dlake3 Posts: 1
    I just bought my tech package mdx2011 here in OR. Prices here seems to be steeper than some of the prices I have seen people paying on East coast. I ended up paying 46200 out of the door for tech package with advance running, roof rail , cross bars and NW package ( all season floor mats +cargo tray + wheel lock).
    Appreciate your feedback on how I did. I did compromised on color a little. Bought palladium mettalic though Gregio was my first choice.
  • n1nja_dn1nja_d Posts: 17
    Hey there,
    I purchased my MDX Tech from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD.
  • mdxcpomdxcpo Posts: 1
    Had a dealership quote $36k (+taxes and dmv fees) for a 2009 MDX - Sport (fully loaded) with 19k miles. The car is in quite a good condition both interior and exterior.

Is this a good deal?
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Have you held off on a car purchase because you're waiting for a better deal? Or did you go ahead and buy because you assume car prices could just rise even further this summer? An Associated Press reporter would like to talk with you. Please send your contact information to Aaron Lewis at pr@edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• blibli Posts: 3
    HI LCCALVERT and seeweed20, have you guys bought your mdx with tech, i am looking to buy the same car, can I join you two and raise our bargaing power? if you already got yours, would you mind sharing your price and dealership? I am from PA.
    Hi,

I finally pulled the trigger this past Saturday and bought a 2011 Tech (White/Taupe).

twmdx - thanks a lot for the info. I bought mine from Pohanka.

Per one of my earlier posts, the best OTD (net of my trade-in) I was getting across 5-6 dealers in NY/NJ was $32,500 without any accesories. I called Pohanka and Radley and quickly got a quote for $30,000 flat OTD and with the following free accesories:

1) All weather floor mats
    2) Roof package (rails + cross bars)
    3) Advanced running board
    4) Wheels locks

So in nutshell, I saved nearly $3,500 by driving 250 miles to Pohanka. Heck, for such a discount I would have even driven 1,000 miles one way.

They even gave me 7 year interior protection for free after I refused to purchase it for $400.

This was probably one of the easiest purchasing process I have experienced in recent years. The salesperson was excellent and so easy to deal with. They gave me a price (net of trade-in), agreed on the accesories and color combination and delivered 100% when I got to the dealership. The car had just been delivered earlier in the day and only had 6 miles on the odometer.

What also helped was one of my friends (who also lives in Northern NJ) was in the market to buy the same car and ended up buying from Pohanka as well. So, guess, buying two at the same time provided some additional leverage as well.

Hi blis - I definitely recommend reaching out to Pohanka. Please e-mail me and I will be happy to give you the name of the sales person who helped me. You can find my e-mail address on my profile.

Thanks again twmdx. Love love love my new car. :)
    Congrats on the new car! Bet the drive back to NJ gave you a good opportunity to check out the ride and all the features. Plus that $3500 saved can go towards other car items (new wheels, tint, upgraded speakers, my finders fee...!)
  • blibli Posts: 3
    HI Seaweed,

Cong for getting your new car. I did reach out to them but got a so so quote. basically 43000 for mdx with tech without tax tag and fees. please share with me your sales person contact. I saw your email is private so I am not able to email you. I believe mine is public. can you email his/her contact? thanks.
  • barkulkumbarkulkum Posts: 2
    Congratulations on the car, i believe your OTD price is inclusive of the Trade in right?
    That is correct. $30,000 net of my trade in ($16,600).
  • humtumhumtum Posts: 8
    Hi Friends,

I'm on the lookout for Acura MDX in North Jersey & could manage a price quote at Invoice price yesterday for the Base Model i.e. $39900 (incl. Destination) ++ Taxes, DMV, Doc fee n levies xtra.
    On a rough note the dealer was willing to sell the Tech version also On or Close to Invoice price i.e. $43,000 (incl. Destination) ++ Taxes, DMV, Doc fee n levies xtra.

They are also having a 4 day Memorial Day special APR of 0.9% across the board.
  • kjshankjshan Posts: 5
    Does anyone have a recent experience purchasing a 2011 MDX with Advance & Entertainment? I was considering the LR4, but really enjoyed driving the MDX. However, the LR4 is larger and less expensive.

My local Acura dealer gave me an offer $1300 under MSRP, and this seemed too high. I am seeing inventory of a similar vehicle out of state, and am wondering if any neighboring states to MO have had better purchase prices.