Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• That sucks. Horrible prices (but I don't know how it is up in the NW). I did all my "quote hunting" and negotiating through e-mail and told each dealer up front that this is how I will be doing it. Any dealer that didn't give me a quote first and insisted that I come in to test-drive or see them in-person first was given a second chance to comply with my request. After that, they got crossed off the list and had their sales mgr CC'ed in an e-mail on how they just lost a potential sale for trying to waste my time and ignoring my simple request. In this day and age of busy working folks and internet sales, there is little need to do sales completely the old-fashioned way. Customers are more informed than ever. Adapt or die, I say.

Btw, I've never seen any site refer to the 2011 base model as "sport." "Sport" was a step-up package from Tech, just like "Advance" is now a step-up from Tech. That's probably why he started correcting you.
  • msjb,

What dealer in Seattle you went to? I got a quote from the Lynnwood dealer ($43k) and a Portland dealer ($42.5k). I made an counter offer of $41.5k but they did not take it. The quote is for a 2012 MDX base.
  • I am in Baton Rouge, and I can tell you those 2 colors are the most common here. Even when I went there last week to get a foglight fixed, they had both those colors sitting in front. So if Walker does not have that color, try the Baton Rouge dealer. They may even make it worth your while to drive up here.
  • msjbmsjb Posts: 4
    I can't remember what site listed sport- I think it was a dealer. Thanks for your info. I have heard mixed reviews about the Seattle Acura dealer so will definitely be e-mailing from here on out. Just driving down there round-trip put an extra 75 (useless) miles on my current mdx, and of course, the time. Worst part (con) was when he removed the engraving fee for $375 and expected me to be thrilled! Reminds me of all the useless extras the phone company slaps on your paperless bills, hoping you never actually read them thoroughly. Really? I read that most profit margin is 18-20%, so please be sensible. I negotiated my last car just fine and had a great experience with Bellevue Cadillac. Why can't Acura be reasonable?
  • msjbmsjb Posts: 4
    Seattle Acura. From various postings, it appears Lynnwood Acura gives the lowest quotes. I wonder if they would take your offer on Dec.31st. It's crazy that the NW appears to pay the highest for the MDX's. Even Ca. Dealers have offered 42,700 for 2011 tech, and a person in Queens, NY got a 2012 tech otd for 43,842! Another thing Seattle Acura said was Costco price is 42,992 for 2012 base, yet someone on this forum said it was 40,300 on 2012 base. I need to verify. I always thought the rule was dealers would negotiate more with used cars, (2011 mdx w/12,500miles,) but my quote was not only insulting, but plain stupid!
  • I got 2012 MDX with Tech for 42,900 from Goodson Acura couple of weeks ago. I didn't have the Towing package.

Good luck
  • I've been quoted $41,595 as the "Costco" price for a 2012 MDX base and OTD as $44,700. However, on earlier posts I've seen the Costo price as $40,300 for a 2012 base. I thought the whole point of Costco was to get fleet pricing nationwide. Is there a different price depending on your state? I'm in Texas.
  • 86dog86dog Posts: 4
    Hey chrismdx,
    That sounds like fantastic pricing. I'm interested in your out-the-door with the various fees, etc (not sales tax). Also, did you have a trade on that deal? $42,900 is a almost a thousand less than my deal without towing. I haven't seen any other comments on pricing as low as yours... Did you get charged the VPS, Document and Dealer Inventory fees?
  • what i got was a 2012 MDX with Tech + Wheel Locks + Tinting + Body Moudlings for 42,900$. I did not have a trade-in.
    Of the various fees, i was only able to get the VPS removed.
    The final OTD was little less than 46k.
  • I have been quoted the exactly price as you got as the "Costco" price. I am in Texas as well.
  • jenniedawq,

Not sure why you get different costco pricing but this is what I see even today - http://www.costcoauto.com/new_cars/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=329816 you can print this and show it to the dealer and work your deal on top of it. Acura of Manhatten accepted this price and agreed to throw in accessories (check my earlier post) for free. Again 40,300 doesn't include tax and doc fee etc... Hope this helps.

All the best...
  • Seems like Goodson in Dallas has the best deals and inventory. I'm in Houston and they hardly have any on the lot. If I can't get a better deal, I may just go up to Dallas.
  • Paid $43K even (including ALL fees and delivery) before tax, title, and licensing, in the DC metro area for 2012 MDX with Tech Package. Color is polished metal metallic w/ black interior.
  • What does tinting from dealer include? front two windows?
  • Goodson has most inventory in the state of Texas on 2012 MDX's......

I live in DFW but shopped Houston and found Goodson had what I wanted.

I had trade-in, running boards, roof rack, tint etc.....Might have paid a little higher than the lowest mentioned here but real happy overall.

In 2008, went to Houston to get best deal on 2008 TL type S.
  • Been looking for car in Atlanta. Had several dealers at 43,500 + tax. Best offer was 43,150 + tax.
    They were willing to do 2011's at much more aggressive pricing.
  • What is the price of a MDX base model at Goodson? I am in Houston, if the price is good. I will go there. Thanks for any help.
  • Hi,

I am planning to buy a mdx advance or an advance entertainment this week. Could you tell me name of the dealer in atlanta? What price did you end up paying. If you could reply as soon as possible, I will really appreciate your help. I am on my way to a dealer.

Thanks
    Sudhakar
  • Please post email address and I will provide info.
  • I did not look for a base model. Send them an email......with an offer.