Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ckrtckrt Posts: 4
    varyes,

My 2cents..

As you can see from the forum, you can get brand new 2012 Acura MDX with Tech for 40.5k with 0.9 % APR for 60 months. If I were you, I would go for a brand-new for few thousand more. I think 36k for 3 year old Acura mdx tech with almost 36k miles on it definitely too much in current market. Sometimes pre-owned certified is NOT best value proposition.
  • I don't know if my post survives, send me e-mail mindyliu2008 yahoo e-mail box. I will try to give you more info.

39000 not OTD price. see detail above.
  • c80c80 Posts: 10
    @allaw: Acura of Serramonte.
  • abhi2012abhi2012 Posts: 1
    Could you please let me know the dealers name. Even I am negotiating for the same package.
  • devteamdevteam Posts: 15
    I was able to procure an MDX Tech in Northern NJ for $40,400, but I had to finance it in order to get that price. Just wanted to let everyone know.
  • nsadansada Posts: 7
    Does the $40.4K include any incentives/rebates? Also, can you share which Northern NJ dealer? Thanks...
  • devteamdevteam Posts: 15
    Hi,

There was definitely a manufacturer to dealer incentive of 1500 or so built into that. I owned an Acura before that, I'm sure there was a loyalty rebate or something ... HOWEVER, I do not believe that matters much. I still think this dealer will let them go around that price if you push them. They react quickly to competition and want to do business, without a doubt. Dealer is located in Morris County NJ on or about Route 10 west. Not much more needs to be said than that.

Thanks.
  • coredumpcoredump Posts: 9
    I just bought the MDX 2012 with Adv/Ent package for 47700 (price includes $400 doc fee - yah that sucks about NH and title/reg). Could have gotten a few hundred off if we had waited till the end of July, but the negotiations were hassle free and no upsell of any other accessories or extended service contracts at my NH dealer. No hassles with financing either.
  • crazyluxcrazylux Posts: 1
    recently bought 2012 mdx+tech for 40,000+tax & title (includes all season package plus I & advance reunning boards & 1 yr of free maintenance). negotiation was easy and was out with the car in about 1 hr. Price is after the acura loyalty rebate of $1000 & APR was 0.9% for 60 months. Driving it for about 2 weeks and loving it.
  • az602az602 Posts: 8
    I was able to negotiate $46,000 even (+ tax, license and doc) on a new 2012 MDX Advance in Phoenix from two dealers. One of them, however, is a crook and tried to force me to add on a paint protection package when I showed up. I'll be purchasing from the other one...

This price includes the $1000 Conquest Money and the $1500 in Factory to Dealer Incentive that is currently offered. Add on the 0.9% financing and this is a pretty good deal. Acura just announced that the 2013 model will remain unchanged, so I'm not too worried about buying this late in the model year.
  • Have been following this thread for some time now to capture the price trend of the X. Thanks to all who posted their buying experience, helped me immensely!

Sealed the deal today on the MDX Advance here in NC, on the last day of the 0.9% Promotion. Was $48900 OTD. Was able to negotiate the price down to $46000 + Freight + TTL. I did not qualify for Loyalty/Conquest.
  • Is today the last day for 09.% APR Financing?
    @abhi2012: I don't think I am allowed to post the name of the individual I dealt with, but keep working with Serramonte. They were pretty fair.
  • I called up the local Acura dealer in the twin cities and they informed that the 0.9% APR is extended untill end of this month ONLY for MDX models.

All others who bought MDX+Tech package recently: What is the best way to negotiate the price. The dealer is giving me a 42.5K price +TTL for a MDX+Tech package. Do you guys feel that there is still more room for negotiating? Please advice.
    @kvrao171717:

I entered a Twin Cities zip code on the Acura site for "current offers" and it shows:

Special APR offer valid on new and unregistered 2012 MDX Models from July 10, 2012 through September 4, 2012, to customers who qualify for the Acura Financial Services Super Preferred or Preferred credit tier through participating dealers. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by September 4, 2012.

You might want to check with other dealers, if possible.

As for the price, keep working on negotiations. I was able to get an offer of $40k (and then also got the $1000 loyalty credit) for a MDX w/ Tech.
  • Iam planning to buy either advance or advance+entertainment..iam from Tampa..does any one have buying experience in Tampa..any suggestion on dealers? the least quote(online quick quote request) i got is $49,247(for adv+entertain) and $2,480 7yr./100k mile AcuraCare, All-Season Protection Package I $496.

If some one can provide their experience in tampa or florida regarding price paid.. that would be helpful..Thanks in advance..
  • acura_stlacura_stl Posts: 3
    Purchased new 2012 MDX with running boards and roof rack installed without cross bar for $37,300 (includes destination fee) last month from Radley Acura. DCH Montclair in NJ couldn't even come close. None of the two dealers in my hometown can touch that price, so I flew down to Reagan National, got picked up by my salesperson, went to the dealer, and was out the door in 2 hours. The drive back home in my new MDX was a dream. I have a 06 TL but it doesn't compare to the long haul drive that I had.

All of my negotiation was done over the phone prior to buying my plane ticket. A lot of trust on both sides were on hand as not only did I had to purchase a plane ticket but they needed to get my vehicle ready (accessories installed) by the time I landed in VA - and it was. I had the best car buying experience ever at this dealer. I've seen a couple or so complaints by folks about Radley on this forum but I believe if you do your homework and know what you are doing plus going in and not being a complete tool, then you will get treated well. I think that can be said on most things as a consumer nowadays. Anyhow, my folks saw my SUV and liked it so much that they went to the same salesperson and dealer a few days later to buy a new MDX Tech.

Just contact the internet salesperson (initials J.R.) at Radley and he will take good care of you.
  • smitty1krrsmitty1krr Posts: 19
    I bought mine at Regal in Lakeland. They had better pricing than Crown or Ferman. Included dealer fee in price and the profit package was optional instead.

After owning, I would pass on the all weather mats. Very hard to get/keep clean.
    Makes the interior look dingy.
  • th201101th201101 Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    For those who bought at Pohanka.. did you guys pay the tax at the dealership if u were out of state? my understanding is that I need to pay tax when i register here in my own state.. but the dealer says I pay tax there.. and they will send it to my home state? Whats the deal? Any ideas

BTW i am getting a price of about 43K OTD on Tech package
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    If you are financing, the rule of thumb is for the dealer to collect your home state's sales tax and send it to your state. With a lien, this helps ensure the correct documentation and titling are handled.

If you are paying in cash, it can be handled either way. Tag/registration fees can be done separately, and vary so much state to state, many dealers leave them as so. We will include and pay your state's tax directly, and then you are only responsible for specific tag/registration fees.