Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi,

I am planning to buy a 2013 Acura MDX base or with tech or tech+entertainment package within this month.
    Would appreciate if anyone bought these vehicles in Denver area recently and how much they paid ?
    It will be great if you can tell me the OTD price for any of these models.

Thanks
  • If in Maryland you should contract Norris Acura and Rosenthal Acura. My experience is they may come close if not match the price from either Radley or Pohanka. Just mention you are considering going to Virginia but would prefer to buy in Maryland if the price is comparable. After all, what is there to loose?
  • Hello Billy, I appreciate your reply. You are correct. I was in the Norris Acura last weekend and test drove the MDX Tech. I liked it. Because my original plan was there to drive new Pathfinder 2013 (in Norris Nissan) but really pushed off by its CVT transmission noise. Then I mentioned MDX and the salesman said they were the same dealership and brought me the MDX. I was impressed by the MDX but didn't go through the price with them. I thought it would be better to do research here and deal with them through internet. I will try them first to see if they are close or not. If yes, then I will give them my business (seems like the salesman and other staff are professional and no pressure at all). If you have any advise on these two dealerships regarding salesman and pricing, please advise. Again, I do appreciate your reply just now and all the future inputs. John
  • dm55dm55 Posts: 10
    Acura will start 0.9% financing on Feb. 13th. My dealer gave it to us this past weekend and is holding the contract to submit on the 13th.
  • " redbull10 Feb 11, 2013 (9:56 am)
    Hi 3rowsuv,

Do you think they are going to offer 0% financing in near future ??? "

I don't know, I doubt it. Things would have to be pretty bad for them. I doubt they would sell many more mdx's at 0% vs 0.9%. If I was them, I wouldn't offer it.

The yen has dropped about 20% vs the dollar, so they have a lot of room now, so you never know.
  • Silly question: how can I get the email list of a dozen dealers for them to compete price? I can find list of dealers using ACURA official website, but no email is listed.

Do I need to call them one by one?
  • Are you sure...Acura will start 0.9% financing deal from Feb 13th ? How reliable is that ?
  • I used CarWoo. Great way to bid them against eachother before you visit a dealership. Www.carwoo.com
    100% sure. They gave me the 0.9% on Saturday and said they would have to hold the contract until Wednesday as that was when the Acura finance promotion starts.
  • I bought an Acura from Norris last year. I got pricing from both Radley and Pohanka and gave Norris an opportunity. Also, with a bit of negotating, Norris gave me KBB for my trade in vehicle, the average value of the clean and outstanding condition values. Dealt with DH, internet sales, who was easy to work with and he threw in a small perk to seal the deal.

Interestingly, Criswell Acura would not come close to the price I paid. This was a bit of a surprise as I have found Criswell Honda to be very competive in pricing.

I am thinking of replacing my wife's RDX with the MDX. I am waiting to see if the incentives pick up a bit as we get closer to the release of the 2014 MDX.
  • Can someone share me the best price one got in MA? So far I got quotes of $42,700 for 2013 MDX with Tech and Entertainment package EXCLUDING documentation, registration and state taxes.
  • mjhussainmjhussain Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    I am looking to buy either a 2013 MDX Tech pkg or a 2011 MDX Tech pkg. I got a quote of $44K OTD for the 2013 and $37K plus TTL for the 2011 model. I am here in the Chicagoland area. Can someone please provide some input as where I can start negotiation and what do you think is the maximum I should go to for either of these two models.

Thanks much for your help.

ps. I am sorta bad with negotiation. :)
  • Thank you, Billy for the reply. I got price quote from Radley for Tech pack $42,974 OTD. Pohanka is $20 more. My target is to get into $41,000- $42,000 range. Is anyone out there have recently got same car from them in this price range? please share your experience. This is a very good forum to help each other and I will post all I have during my purchase. Radley is a good one and probably I will go there.
  • hkmhkm Posts: 20
    Pohanka settled for $43500 OTD for Tech+Ent yesterday. Just FYI.
  • hkmhkm Posts: 20
    Did you ask for the extras initially or after settling on the final price? Thanks for the info?

Did you go thro the internet dept or walked in?
  • I bought the 2013 MDX Tech package $42200 OTD. In the price I also included remote start,advance running boards,all season mats,body side molding. I think the accesories are worth $1800 retail. I think i got it without accesories for $41000 OTD.
  • Guys..
    Did anyone buy 2013 MDX base/tech/tech&Ent package recently in Denver area and what was the OTD price ?
    I am planning to buy one of these models in near future and wanted to know whats the best deal.

Thanks
    I worked with Kevin at Acura of Westmont. We purchased our 2013 MDX this past Saturday for $40.3k inlcuding destination but excluding TTL. Total OTD price was $43.6k. This inlcuded all weather mats & wheel locks. Got the 0.9% financing through Acura Financial.
  • I'm interested in purchasing an MDX with tech and have a few questions. Hope you can answer...

1) I'm noticing great quotes from Radley Acura in VA. Do buyers drive here from all over to purchase their MDX's? I live in Connecticut and can't find quotes this low around here.

2) My wife is three months pregnant and we will need the MDX by August. Will quotes for 2013 models be much more attractive with the 2014 models hitting the showrooms? There is no urgency to buy an MDX at the moment for us.

3) Sounds like buying brand new is a better deal than buying a fairly new CPO...is that the general consensus?

Thanks!
  • Hello hkm, this really sounds like a good deal. Could you inform me with the breakdown quote? That will definitely help me to negotiate. Norris in MD gave OTD $44,300 which is nonsense. I am ready to buy the car this weekend if possible. Please help. Thanks.