Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    Not sure i've ever seen it published for certain models....but overall Dupont claims 2011 most popular colors were White, Black, Silver, Gray in that order. White by a wide margin actually.
  • Hey Capt, I was one of those who bought a 2012 mdx tech for 40.5k (43.5k otd, with a bunch of accessories thrown in) in ny area back in Oct 2012 and got my color choice (blk/blk) as well. Also got 0.9% as well. This site really helped me when I bought, so im going to help you. Probably 1 of two reasons your aren't getting the price anywhere near that. Either the dealer cash rebate direct from acura has dropped off (was 3k when i bought) or the dealers are simply not willing to pass that discount on to you because its still early in 2013 and they have time to unload. My advice to you is to find a bunch of dealers in our area that have the color combo/model you want, keep an eye on their inventory, once early summer (june) comes and the 2014's are filling up the lot, call them (don't go there, waste of time) and offer 40k to all of them over the phone. I can all but guarantee you will get filled. Dont drink the kool aid capt morgan...
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    "PREMIUM" = BASE MODEL
  • roys1981roys1981 Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    I talked with a guy at Radley and confirmed the 35995 for Base MDX. However I am not sure if it is with destination or not. I dont know if there is any room for negotiation. Would it be a better time to buy when the 2014 models hit the dealership?
  • hkmhkm Posts: 20
    In the same email there were offers for "Base" model on other acura's. Its confusing.
    edited April 2013
    Well production of 2013 MDX stopped at the end of March, so you likely won't see new models showing up much longer. If you're picky about color...i'm not sure I'd wait too long. According to the last report I read, as of 3/1/13 they had 80 days supply of MDX.
  • mdx2014mdx2014 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how much would be the reasonable price for a 2012 MDX executive demo with running boards? Thanks a lot.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Use Edmunds Used Car Appraiser to get a value. "Executive demo" is the same as any used car once you drive it off the lot. You'll have a little more warranty left and perhaps some "special financing" but the car will be worth the same as any used other used car.
  • spr1spr1 Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Congratulations on your new car and the excellent deal. We are in the area and are looking for the same exact specifications. We would greatly appreciate it if you are able to give us the break down of the price and who you worked with at the dealership.

Thank you.
  • dm55dm55 Posts: 10
    We worked with Kevin at Acura of Westmont. The price was $40.3k including destination for a new 2013 Dark Cherry MDX with Technology this price did not include taxes, title or documentation fees. The doc fees were around $150. He threw in all weather mats and wheel locks upfront. With a little more negotiations with the sales manager we were able to get the remote start included. We had been to Westmont before and worked with a different sales guy that we really didn't like and walked away. There were no dealer add-ons but the Finance guy did try to sell us the extended warranty which we declined. I know that I could buy cheaper online, if I decided to buy later. We were also able to get the 0.9% financing for 60 months, which I don't think they are offering right now. Good luck with the purchase, I wouldn't wait to long to get the color combination you want as the 2013 inventory should be winding down.
  • spr1spr1 Posts: 2
    Thank you for the information dm55. That was nice of you to share the details. It is true that the 2013 stock will start to dwindle soon, but with the new model to be released in a couple of months we are contemplating if waiting a few more weeks would save us more money??!!!
  • sendglsendgl Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I'm considering a CPO 2012 MDX Tech 15Kmiles. Dealer offering 39.5K OTD after few rounds of negotiations.
    Is this a good deal? Appreciate your inputs.
    Thanks in advance.
  • 2012newmdx2012newmdx Posts: 7
    edited April 2013
    Folks are getting that price on a new 2013 mdx with tech. Knew a friend who got that price recently in the dc area. Pls don't pay that much for a used. Go Thursday this thread a few days/weeks back .
    OTD price means nothing around here...we don't know your trade or tax situation. Assuming no trade and 7% tax...it's not a horrible deal....somewhere around $37k? As mentioned you can easily buy a new '13 for $40k-41k before tax/etc. The CPO ends up with a longer warranty...probably worth $1,000 max if you added similar to a new car.
  • sendglsendgl Posts: 3
    Thanks for your comments.
    No trading and its 6% PA tax.
    Its a corporate fleet - title owner. Not sure that will have an impact on the resale value / price.
  • jwaymanjwayman Posts: 6
    I'm new here and wanted to get an opinion on this deal. It's a Cert. Pre-Owned 2012 MDX with the Advance package and Entertainment package. It has 4500 miles on it and the list price is $45,955. Does this seem like a decent price? Thanks in advance!
  • This forum has been very helpful when trying to negotiate the price on a Demo MDX, driven by a sales manager. With 4,558 miles on it, including the technology package, they are priced at $40,150. Based on the expertise of this panel is this a deal or should I just wait until the 2014s come out and the price of 2013 new may decline?

Thanks!!!
    The theme here continues....you can get into a new one for maybe $2,500 more than their asking price. Negotiate from there.
    edited April 2013
    There are buyers who have paid that for a brand new one so I don't think they're doing you any serious favors for a "used" vehicle. I wouldn't wait too long to buy as historically there's little selection once the new model arrives. Hard to say how long inventory will last but it's been a month since they stopped production on the 2013 so new deliveries should be drying up if they haven't already. Dealers may start to hold-back on huge discounts if they don't think they'll have enough inventory to get them through untili the '14's hit the lots. There's usually only two months supply of MDX's sitting on the lots.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.