Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pzzdogpzzdog Posts: 15
    thank you very much
  • billy3554billy3554 Posts: 147
    Air is 78 percent nitrogen without any assistance from the dealer.
  • HI Mezmoria!

Which dealer did u get a deal from? I am in the market for the same car. Is this an OTD price? (includes tax,ttl, destination etc)? Also did u finance through them? Is that why they offered u this price?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy
  • bxteachbxteach Posts: 16
    Deciding between a leftover '13 or a new '14 AWD with tech. I live near NYC and have inquired about pricing at the end of Sept. No one would go near invoice. Lowest I got was $47,500. Eventually I got to a dealer in upstate CT. They offered car for $47,023. I asked the dealer about advanced running boards, roof rails, and molding. Got him to do $48 flat. Fair deal???
    He would hold that end of month deal for me when I am ready. Looking to get deal done this month. Downside was a $399 doc fee.
    got my mdx awd with tech today ,final price they jack up $700 from $47200 to $47900 included doc n pp2 n cargo cover from Springfield Acura.

stupid me trust the salesman talked to me in the phone said i got 2.9 % then when i went to there the other finance guys said 3.9 % so total $1400 difference interest , i talked to them about paying more down but they said only way can do is pay $700 for lower interest from 3.9 to 2.9 so i think i dont want to come back because my old car broken so i took a bus to there need 2:30 hrs , ,so i agree to pay $700 then pick my car,when i check my car has dents on the bumper then they replace the new one (waiting 1:30 hrs)then after i left i found out Steering leather has tiny scrapes. they also telling me my FICO is 75X ,i also check my creditkmara they did 3 hard inquiries.bad experience, i guess its my bad because i didnt try to apply car loan from bank
  • omalamiomalami Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    leased a 2010 MDX with tech for $658 a month with 0 down, which in restrospect was a rip off. Returned it last week and got a 2014 MDX base AWD with roof rails, side molding a few little extra for $480 (that includes taxes and everything) and 0 down (I mean absolutely zero down). The dealer is in Minneapolis, MN
  • hondapilot08hondapilot08 Posts: 14
    edited October 2013
    That is one of the worst Acura dealerships in NJ, I say that from personal experience, when I was shopping for my new MDX, I told the manager that I had an offer $2000 lower than his 'best' price AND the other dealer was offering $1500 MORE for my Honda pilot at the time than him. He laughed in confusion and frustration, thinking I was bluffing, and dared me to go find that deal, and then come back to him with paperwork and he would give me free oil changes on my new MDX. He was also disrespectful and kept my drivers license and went to his office and took 30 minutes to return. What a tool. I will never advise anyone to go Sxx Acura. I'm glad I didn't buy my MDX there. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, hopefully it will help others to avoid these scammers.
    edited October 2013
    also when 9/27 almost 7 pm i talked to them in phone they said they got last one color black, but when i went at 9/28 12pm talked to the deal,everything good but when closing the deal then he said no color black in stock and he said if i want that deal i have to pay $1500 down then they will find the car for me on 10/1(so that why i paid $1500 down). one more thing they sent another salesman to show me the car after the deal ,i asked that guy how to voice command navigation then he told me just use my finger to input,he just want to leave.
  • vikkuuvikkuu Posts: 9
    Try Ramsey NJ, I got mine 2014 MDX AWD tech- 46500(including destination) +259(documentation)+Registration(state Fee)+Tax = OTD around 50500
  • pzzdog...I'm so sorry you had that experience. Springfield Acura is BAD NEWS!
    A few years ago I was shopping for a TL and went to that dealership because it's close to where I live. They had advertised the car I wanted at a decent price and since I have an excellent credit rating I was prepared to negotiate down to a lower price. From the minute I walked in the door I felt the bait and switch. A) The salesman treated me like I was an idiot. B) They tried to sell me some BS about the AD not really being for the TL I was looking for (?). C) When I started playing hardball with the price of the car and we were within $10.00/month of what I wanted...they wouldn't budge. So we left...

We went up Rt. 22 to Bridgewater Acura and not only got the car for LESS than what I expected...the whole experience felt "clean". It was a seamless transaction...put down the money...drove home in the car that day...all numbers were exactly what we negotiated. I have since gotten 4 cars for our family at Bridgewater Acura.

Interestingly enough, when we got home with our new car, Springfield Acura called and asked if we wanted to come back and negotiate. I was very happy to tell them that I had just driven home in my new Acura TL...at a price LOWER than I had expected...and that they could lose my phone number.

I would NEVER recommend Springfield Acura to anyone.
    In future....trust your gut....When something doesn't "feel" right...LISTEN to that inner voice and walk away. You were taken advantage of and that is unfortunate...but you've learned a valuable lesson in car buying. The salesman is NOT out to help anyone but himself. It's a game and you have to know how the game works before you go in.
    i got my mdx yesterday form nj and i live in nyc,i found out i dont have any inspection sticker ,what do i do ?tried to called the dealer but they closed today
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Your vehicle purchased from New Jersey will not have any stickers on it, and also not any for New York. Your dealer should have provided you information on what to expect regarding registration, tags and inspection. Did you pay for NY tags, etc?

Most likely you will receive tags/registration in the mail unless the dealer did not charge you for them, then just need a NY inspection yourself. Very easy, and always the case when purchased out of state.
    edited October 2013
    yes i guess, thank you very much
  • Good deal. Which dealership in MN? 10k miles a year?
  • raywrayw Posts: 9
    Planning to pull the trigger tomorrow. The deal is 55,600 + tax/title, with free oil changes for life. (I intend to keep the car for a long time).

I am getting upto 55000 from other dealers, but no oil changes.
  • kash4kash4 Posts: 5
    Hi All,

Thanks for sharing the information. It is indeed very helpful for new car buyers.

Anyone bought a 2014 AWD in Seattle recently. If yes, can you please share some details.

Thanks.
  • Rayw
    Can you share which state and dealership?
  • Keep in mind that the oil changes won't be done except usually to the manufacturers specs and not as frequently as most people who want to keep the car a long time would do. It's also usually dealer specific. We bought our 04 MDX with the same changes for life but we are 40 miles from them. I'd waste 4 hours and spend more in gas than it was worth.
  • johnrajohnra Posts: 2
    Yes I picked up base model AWD in Seattle about 2 weeks ago. $1500 MSRP, add on 10% tax and about $250 TTL.
  • raywrayw Posts: 9
    Thx. I did do the math on my oil changes. In my case this is the closest dealer to home (5 miles). The oil change (plus wash) is every 5K mile - 3 oil changes a year, means about $180/year.