Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Can you please tell who the dealer was, I am looking for one
  • nopssnopss Posts: 2
    Need help from experienced MDX'ers, considering 2011 MDX Tech w/ Res. 35.5 K with 18.7 K miles. This vehicle includes running boards and side molding along with an all weather mat in the cargo area only. In service date 12/12/10 which leaves one year on manufacturers warranty plus an additional year for CPO. The dealer offering the vehicle was the original seller who just took it in a week ago. Additionally they offered an extended 2 year warranty at $ 1,200.00. Not desperate, but I owe a call first thing in the morning. Any advice pro or con would be appreciated.
  • This is prime Acura north in NH. I am holding out for a little more off. Good luck and tell me what your final deal is.
  • Thanks for the moral support. I am holding out for exactly what you got. Just holding tight for now.
  • Thought you mentioned getting in nJ
  • geocity20geocity20 Posts: 12
    edited November 2013
    Acura of Denville. Ask for Frank. Smooth transaction. Almost everything done via email.
  • tk17tk17 Posts: 6
    Got an email from Chevy Chase Acura for a 2014 MDX AWD for $39,385. It does NOT include destination (895) and processing fee (200). MSRP was $45,185. FYI
  • Hello - I used this forum to do my homework and thought I would share what I ended up with for a price on an MDX TECH AWD in Boston 15k per year 36 months. Any thoughts or questions welcomed.

MSRP: $49,460
    Negotiated Price: $45,500
    Money Factor 0.0017
    Money Down: $3,000
    Monthly Payment: 526.34
    Monthly Payment plus MA tax of 6.25% : $559.24
    Does have a "turn in fee" of 350.00 that was snuck in on me..
  • If you could me know your name which I can use as reference that would be helpful, you can send private message to my email shravanc at gmail dot com, in case if you do not wish to say your name here in the forums.

Thanks for your help.
  • Thanks for sharing. That seems pretty good to me. I am in the DC area and hoping to get a Tech in the low forties. . .. hopefully before the end of the year.
  • If it is acura certified, seems fine, nice low mileage. Ask them for a list of repairs done (to get it to CPO).

Used MDXes are a good bargain these days.
    I was shopping for 2011/12/10 MDX earlier, but after taking a deeper look at '14 specs, decided to just save more money and go for 2014 Tech.
  • Just bought my 2014 mdx awd with tech for 45074 in Columbus, Ohio. Got all weather mats for free. So out the door price was 45074+7%tax+250 doc fee+33 temp tag. I think it is a good price.
  • Everyone,

Is everyone posting the out the door prices or before the tax price?

I thought we are discussing the OTD price.
    I'm currently in the market to purchase a 2014 Mdx with Tech and this forum is really helpful.
  • Try Maryland the doc fees the dealers add to the selling price are less. Rosenthal and Norris have been competitive price wise with Radley and Pohanka in Virginia.

As always, the so-called document or dealer fees are not a fee nor are the a dealer cost. They are nothing more than price, cost to you and profit to the dealer.

With the Maryland dealers, I have bought three Acura vehicles in the past three years, I have yet to find one that would not reduce the price to compensate for the doc fee. Really, does a dealer want to let a $45,000 or more sale walk out the door over a few hundred dollar fake fee?

When you settle on a price and the sales person or finance person hits you with the document fee just say the deal is off and show you are leaving. More than likely the dealer will offer a concession for the fee.
  • The sage advice is to never put money down on a lease. Particularly with a Acura. Acura leases include GAP coverage. Putting money down on an Acura lease would reduce the value of the GAP coverage. Furthermore, if the vehicle is totalled, you will not recover the $3,000. With GAP, it the vehicle is totalled you simply walk away with nothing owed to Acua. Better to put the $3,000 in the bank and use it to pay the monthly lease payments for a few months.

Not sure how the could sneak a fee on you? I have had several Acura or Honda leases and never a turn in fee.

Perhaps your lease was not with Honda (Acura) Finance.
  • $45074 is really good price! Just to confirm again, does it include dest charge of $895 also?
  • Can you please send the dealer name in Columbs,OH you crack the deal?
  • The Edmunds website shows the Dealer Invoice price of $45,824 for 2014 mdx Awd Tech . Are they giving below Invoice now or am I missing something?
  • Yes it does include the destination.
  • Lindsay Acura I requested a quote online and someone replied. But you should pick an in stock vehicle.