Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• m2pcm2pc Posts: 2
    I live in the New England area and have visited a few Acura dealerships lately. They are still not budging from MSRP. I like Acuras, and this would be my third, but hate the idea of having to pay MSRP (at least they are not asking for anything over MSRP). So it seems a few folks think that the MDX market is starting to cool off. Can anyone give their recent experiences in the Massachusetts area?

Thanks
  • I went to Holtz Acura in Rochester, New York and they treated me very well. I started looking in Syracuse, but did not get a good feeling. I got a Sage Brush Preiumu MDX and got it for MSRP. They threw in all season mats. The lease on my Jeep is up on March 7, 2003. The MDX is due in in the middle of March. The dealer will provide me with a "loaner car" from March 7, 2003, until the MDX is in.

After reading the boards for months I feel that my experience was excellent. I don't have it yet, so lets see what happens. Good luck to all.
  • I too was like you, looking for a MDX in the NE area. I have never pay MSRP for any car I own and hated the idea as well. My search for the MDX started early last year. About 8 months later, 10 or 12 or so test drives, visited 5 to 6 Acura dealers and try to bargain with 4 of them. I finally came to the conclusion that I was not going to get any thing under MSRP. The best deal I got was 10% off accessories. I ended up paying MSRP for the MDX with some free accessories thrown in. That was 2 months ago, I dont believe that the MDX market has change much since then.

Good Luck
  • pac8pac8 Posts: 6
    I have been reading this board for about a month. Most of the posts have been very helpful to me in my purchase. I recently placed an order for late Feb delivery. I have talked to lots of dealers in my area(PA)and finally found one that is willing to take $1,000 off MSRP.

m2pc, if you are interested in saving $1,000 and don’t mind driving few hundred miles from MA, I can provide you with the dealer’s information.

Good luck with your purchase!
  • m2pcm2pc Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input, I guess I was more willing to pay for MSRP knowing that that is the going rate in the Northeast. Although I would have liked to save $1000 by driving a few hundred miles, I have had a pretty good relationship with the dealership I finally decided to buy from ( this will be my 3rd Acura that I will be bringing there for service ). I decided on black ext & int, love the black ext and the dark interior will be better with my kids. (I know I know, going to have to do a lot of cleaning and dusting).

Hope to get it by early March,

thanks again!
  • I just received a call from my Acura Dealer, John Holtz in Rochester, New York. My Sage Brush MDX was supposed to come in at the end of March and I was informed that they had one ready if I wanted to pick it up. The guy who ordered it wanted to wait another month. I jumped at the chance. I paid MSRP and received a set of snow mats (It's something). They hooked me up with a local bank at we locked into a loan at 4.39%. Its not as good as the 3.49%. I can't wait.
  • We are planning to get a 2003 MDX in the next month or so. We are willing to explore dealerships in Charlotte, or a reasonable distance away (Greenville/Spartanburg, Columbia, Raleigh, Greensboro, etc.)

What have others paid for a touring version with the navigation system?

We appreciate the assistance.
  • sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    Don't expect much besides MSRP. MSRP with any add-ons included is still a good deal from what it seems like. Also, don't get ripped off with accessories, If you are at all mechanically inclined (You can use a ratchet and cresent wrench) you can add side steps/running boards yourself, most dealers want $800+ for these and you can get them for $400 online. Check out hondacuraworld.com.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,908
    could you either post the dealership you bought from for 1000 under msrp in p.a. or email me with the info thanks alot

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• timberltimberl Posts: 2
    Has anybody bought MDX touring from any of the dealers in Albany, NY or nearby? Would appreciate much any price tips ... Thanks.
  • onelgsonelgs Posts: 38
    Ready to purchase tomorrow and need to make decision if I want to purchase from the one closer or further to me. According to both dealers, MSRP is $42,500 for the 189 (navigation & DVD) model. Their claimed *lowest* price is $40,900 and $41,500.

Are these GOOD prices or should I offer less?

Thanks!
  • Just purchased a Premium at John Holtz Acura in Rochester, New York. Good luck with the price, it MSRP or nothing. I got them to throw in a set of snow mats, on the arm ($100) value. After conducting months of research I decided to suck it up and pay MSRP (It wasn't easy). The dealer drove the MDX to my house in Syracuse, New York. (90 miles )I chose the Rochester Dealer over the local Syracuse dealer because they seemed a little more on the ball. I'm so very happy with the MDX and blows my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee out of the water. If you want more info drop me an email at luv2skinow@yahoo.com
    Brian125,

Please check your email. I sent you info on the dealership that offers $1,000 under MSRP.

Good luck!
    Sounds like a good price if you can get it under MSRP. It all depends where you live. In some areas, you have to pay over MSRP. Other areas, you pay MSRP or $500 to $1500 under MSRP.

If you are getting it under MSRP, make sure the dealership is not over charging you on accessories. Good luck!
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,908

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• medemamedema Posts: 2
    We are moving to PA (Philly suburbs) in a few
    months and would be interested in contacting your dealer that is offering a touring MDX for $1000.00
    under MSRP. Thank you for your assistance
    That have the 1893 (touring & DVD) MDX in Sage Brush Pearl? I live in Columbus, OH and have 2 dealers working hard on tracking down a sage brush one for me. I need it this week or at the latest, early next week. If not possible, I'll take the midnight blue (second choice) the dealer is holding for me.

If you know of any sage brush ones, please email me at L79D@aol.com as soon as possible... THANKS!!!!
    Medema,

Please send me an email and I will provide you with the requested info. Also advise me where in "Philly suburbs" you will be in the email.

qwerty8man@yahoo.com

Best regards,
    I do have to wait 3 weeks because I want the Sage Brush color. But with what I've read on these boards the $1,600 savings will be worth it.

I purchased the 189 model with touring package, navigation and DVD. Looking forward to driving it!
  • sbcookesbcooke Posts: 2,297
    $1600 under...good job. I think that is one of the best deals to date. What is the total cost going to be (w/o destination and tax).
    So my total price (without tax & title) is $40,400 for the touring pckg, navigation and DVD)I had 2 local dealers with same offer (after a long negotiation process, 1 matched the other) I'm going with the original dealer because he has the Sage Brush Pearl color I want on order... the 2nd dealer refused to match the deal if the vehicle was NOT in his current inventory.

I feel good about working with my first dealer because the salesman called and emailed dealers in 12 states in an effort to do a dealer swap for the color I want.
  • luvlabsluvlabs Posts: 1
    I live in NE Pa and am ready to buy an MDX. Can you tell me the name of the dealership where you got $1000 under MSRP? Thanks a lot!
    Please send me an email and I will provide you with the requested info.

I am not sure if this site allows members to display dealer's contact info here. Therefore, I will only provide this info upon request.

qwerty8man@yahoo.com

Best regards,
  • I am interested in the MDX with T & NAV. I have called many dealers here in Chicago. They are ready to sell it at MSRP with free all weather mats and other accessories at cost, but not below MSRP.

I know some of you are talking about getting it for $1000 to $1600 below MSRP in PA and other states. If any one knows any good deals in Chicago area please let me know. Also I want to know about the dealer in PA as my inlaws lives in Pittsburgh. If you don't want to post the name of the dealership here you can e-mail me at gasman240@juno.com Thanks
  • rerenov8rrerenov8r Posts: 380
    That is quite a bit for any metro area. There have been folks who have gotten dealers to come down $1000 or more, even from dealers who initially said "MSRP Only".

The key is persistence and flexibility. With the economy in the crapper virtually ALL dealers are experiencing cancellations on pre-ordered vehicles. Dealers DEFINITELY do not want to have these unsold vehicles sitting around. They frantically call others on their waiting lists to "cut a deal". If something "becomes available" you need to be flexible with regards to colors & delivery. You can be persistent to waiting a DISCOUNT, after all THE DEALER wants these to sell FAST.

Honda/Acura is very good about cutting production when they notice a slow down, so you have to "got on the list" at several dealers...
    I'm originally from Chicago and do have a lot of family there so during my MDX search, I either emailed or phoned all of them and all I received in reply was.... If you have a dealer willing to sell you an MDX below MSRP, take it because we don't sell them BELOW MSRP.

Since the top of the this board does allow us to post dealer names (but no contact info)... I purchased mine from is Lindsay Acura in Columbus, Ohio. If you want additional contact information, email me at L79D@aol.com and I'll be happy to provide it.

PLUS, my salesman just called to inform me that due to our good credit rating, he will give me 4.14% financing on my balance. The best financing the *other* Acura dealer in my town was willing to give me was 4.25%

Lindsay Acura has been more then wonderful in taking care of us and our MDX purchase!

Lidia
  • I just purchased my MDX two weeks ago. The good news is American Honda was able to give me a rate of 4.39% for the total amount of the vehicle. You need a credit score of over 720 to get this rate. Even with putting $6500 down my payment is still $600 a month for 60 months. Its steep but worth it.
  • djocksdjocks Posts: 124
    I am in the market to possibly lease an MDX. It is between the Lexus RX300 and the MDX.

I am quoted $1005.00 out of pocket and $499 a month for the lexus. Can Acura come under this or will it be more. I understand the MDX has more room but we do not need it. I just like the looks of the MDX a little more.

Can any one help?
  • thill381thill381 Posts: 64
    My wife and I are leasing an MDX for her. We are in the Chicago area, and with a sticker of $36,800 w/ $5,000 due at inception (includes tax, lic, etc) the payment is $448 X 48mos w/ 12,000 mi/ yr.
  • thill381thill381 Posts: 64
    The above message should really read 427/mo as we went back to day and deleted the roof rack & body side moldings wich you cant residualize. So with these deleted the selling price was 36,800.