Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo Concept Coupe Hints at 2015 XC90

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volvo

imageVolvo Concept Coupe Hints at 2015 XC90

The Volvo Concept Coupe is a modern version of the iconic Volvo P1800 coupe of the 1960s and hints at how the 2015 Volvo XC90 will be redesigned, the automaker said. The coupe will debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    audilaw16audilaw16 Member Posts: 7
    Good lord, every thing this Anita Lienert writes is awful. As soon as I see a comparison of a few cars in an article I know it's her because she has no idea what she's talking about. THIS Volvo is hints at the XC90 SUV? Or she'll make comparisons along the lines of "The BMW 328 faces its main competitors, the Audi A6, Lexus GS, Buick Verano, and Lincoln MKZ." PLEASE NO MORE ANITA!a
  • Options
    engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    This a beautiful car. It truly pays homage to the old Volvo P1800 coupe. It will be interesting to see if Volvo is bold enough to follow through with a subsequent production model. With the right performance, handling, luxury and value, this car might be a legitimate threat to luxury coupes such as the A5, G37, 3-Series and CTS. A luxury sports coupe might also add some excitement to a brand known most for solid, competent sedans and crossovers.
  • Options
    engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11
    My mistake - I meant 4-Series (BMW 4-Series) :-)
  • Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    The BMW 4-Series will crush this POS (if Volvo survives)
  • Options
    silverspearsilverspear Member Posts: 4
    I love my 2008 Volvo c30 and I'm hanging on to it until Volvo comes out with something a bit more slick / modern. If this car came to market, I would snap it up.
  • Options
    travaitravai Member Posts: 14
    I'm liking the design language. It's got a lot of nice subtle shapes worked into it; like the straight edge on the C-pillar, and the interesting compound curves on the rear fender/deck lid. Can't wait to see it on their future sedans.
  • Options
    travaitravai Member Posts: 14
    @ audilaw16: You do realize that the text of this article was "quoted" directly from an official press release; and that Volvo was making the comparison to the XC90, not Anita.

People these days are nearly illiterate, I swear.
  • Options
    quinnscquinnsc Member Posts: 1
    Yes... I can say it would. Maybe the nostalgia effect may be lost on the younger demographic, but that doesn't make this beautiful car subtle... the gorgeous design, lines and attention to detail will totally appeal... I'm in my early 30's, and am looking forward to this car becoming available. I've loved the P1800 for years, and am stoked to think about potentially being able to own a gorgeous, new P1800-reminicient Volvo.