Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Testing out a reverse-facing child safety seat in Edmunds' 2013 Cadillac ATS.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Level with the ground? If you are installing this in a farm wagon or maybe a school bus, then maybe that's possible, but all car seats are raised at the front edge and have a butt pocket in them. I've noted before that these kid carseat makers are on some kind of bad drugs.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    So much for wondering why Volvo is struggling. Cadillac doesn't need to target families with their entry level sedan. Families are not their #1 audience. But Volvo had been an automaker of choice for families with young children. Yet their mainstream sedan, the S60, doesn't comfortably accommodate a rear-facing seat. Funny that it would be a safety regulation that made Volvo sedans less appealing to families.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    "I think it's pretty safe to assume that if you've got small children to drive around frequently, you're probably not going to lust over a 2013 Cadillac ATS as your daily driver." Why not? It has a back seat and 4 doors, so that's a big upgrade over what I currently have. I don't subscribe to the silly fallacy that you need the biggest Suburbedition XL to fit your family after you have a kid or two. It isn't a surprise that a midsize sedan works more than fine.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    stovt001, a midsize sedan, yes. An ATS, no. See how any midsize sedan (Fusion, Camry, Accord, Passat, etc.) swallows a rear facing car seat. It will look nothing like the ATS picture we see here.