Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Owners: Meet the Members

2»

Comments

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    You might get a quicker reply by posting your question in Toyota Sienna Owners: Problems & Solutions.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• drdirtdrdirt Posts: 1
    My Sienna just turned 292,000 miles. My problems have been the trunk latch breaking and the tire light on the dash. The light has been on since I bought it. I had the dealer fix it and it soon came back on. I just had it disconnected. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I have used Mobile 1 in it since I bought it. I have it serviced at the same SpeeDee oil center since day one. The first time I had the timing belt replaced was at 203,000 miles. Not recommended. The dealer was shocked. I just had the A/C compressor and dryer replaced. I plan on keeping it untill I hit 300,000 miles. This is the longest I've ever kept a car.
  • 2highways2highways Posts: 1
    Hello,
    my apologies if this is not in the correct area. I am shopping for a minivan. Does anyone know by chance if the "Sienna XLE" with the optional 17" rims are standard tires or "Run-Flat" tires? Thank You.
  • chedderchedder Posts: 5
    When I shopped for my Sienna 3 years ago, I understood that the 17" tires on an XLE are standard tires. If you opt for the AWD version of this vehicle, you get the RFT's. I think it's because there is no place to store the spare since the AWD mechanism requires more space under the chassis.
  • fixit70fixit70 Posts: 1
    Hi all, Just got my family a 98 sienna and the door open indicator light on the dash would not go off even when doors are shut. Somebody help me.
  • efogmefogm Posts: 2
    Hi,

My wife and I are looking at either the Odyssey or the Sienna (Touring Ed versus XLE Limited). The Odyssey's NAV system seems to have alot of useful/slick features, particularly the voice activation, with the ability to search verbally for restaurants by-type, etc. Does anyone know if the Sienna, which I believe has a voice activated as well, also has the search for Places-Of-Interest feature with voice control. Also, does it work for radio selections? The Honda also you, for example, to say, "Radio 100.7," and then it tunes to that station automatically.

Thanks,

Bob G.
  • vinijinvinijin Posts: 28
    My Sienna turned 239,000. I changed timing belt at 130,000 and have not changed drive belt so far. What do you suggest - do you think I need to cjange timing and drive belt now ?
  • vulcan4vulcan4 Posts: 12
    I bought an 04 sienna XLE AWD. Mine has run flats, no spare. what a hassle, the rule is you hit a nail, you buy a new tire, at $270/ tire plus install, this get pretty expensive. Also I had to replace all 4 tires at 19,000 miles.
  • avila65avila65 Posts: 3
    Hi all...My 1996 Previa LE/SC just died with 160,000 miles with head gasket problems. I drove it for 9 years and was ready for a car, so I opted not to fix it. My mechanic told me the supercharged engines don't go 200K miles anyway. Does anybody have any idea what I could sell it for if I sold it for parts?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Ask over in the Real-World Trade-in Values thread. They may not know, but you'll at least get some suggestions.
    Picked up one of these last week. Seems quiet in these threads but I figured I'd officially introduce myself for those who haven't seen me on the Subaru and Mazda boards. I usually go by just "juice". :shades:

Cheers.

-juice
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    Hey juice! I saw your post about the new Sienna last week. I guess the family is outgrowing the Subie?

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Yeah, 2 kids, a nanny, the dog, plus we're car pooling with a family that has 3 kids of their own.

So 5 kids in the vehicle at a time, every other day. It was time. ;)
  • siennamisiennami Posts: 116
    Hi,
    My name is Michelle. I just leased an 07 CE after trading in my Kia Sedona. I have previously driven a Sienna, and I really wanted to get back into one. I think they're great vehicles! Not sure at all that I got the best deal, but I am enjoying having a Toyota again. Kinda wished I could've gotten an LE, which is what I had before, but finances dictated otherwise at this time......
    Congrats Michelle.

And no worries about getting a CE, think of it this way - you got 266hp, while owners of 2006 XLE Limited that paid $38 grand only got 215hp.

Nothing wrong with that 3.3l engine, but I'd argue that you got the best value.
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    ACTUAL POWER OUTPUT of 2007 3.5L vs 2006 3.3L is NOT as great as the 266 vs 215 comparison implies...even though it is more powerful. :blush:

The torque increased far less from 222 lb-ft @ 3600 rpm to 245 lb-ft @ a higher 4700 rpm and the 07 engine has to rev higher to 6200 rpm to get that maximum 266 HP vs only 5600 rpm for the lesser 215 hp in the 06.

As juice and I have discussed earlier, the 3.5L has MORE power at any rpm than the 3.3L and got the same EPA rating 19/26 but there is no reason for we who own 2006 Siennas to be apologetic or cry ourselves to sleep. :shades:
    You're talking about only 600rpm, and it gets to that high RPM sooner because it has at least 10% more torque across the board.

The 3.5l engine is among the 10 best engines in the world according to Ward's Automotive.
  • hello, i brought a 2000 t/s van with out the 3rd row seat.my question is, does it comes with 2 seats or one long seat,and do any one have one sale, or know where i can purchase them from ,at a reasonable price?
  • There are two seats. I don't know where to buy them, maybe a junk yard or google.
2»