Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Future Models

1585960616264»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The 2010 is not redesigned, it's the same as the 07-09.
  • samnoesamnoe Posts: 731
    Yeah, I just noticed on Toyota's website that the 2010 models are already on sale. Same as 2009. That's unusally long for a Toyota model. That's 7 years (since 2004) without a major redesign. The current model, while good and refined, is really dated.
  • What a shame. Toytoa Japan has at least three models that they could immediately send to the US without having to do more R/D with the US market. If they dont redesign for 11, they will most likely loose many loyal drivers as well as prospective buyers to other makers. Toyota, please give us a redesign...
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Posts: 252
    Please note the 2011 model Sienna (and Odyssey for that matter) will be a redesign. Expected date they will start manufacturing the new models is Jan 2010. Of course, this is based on leaks and best calculated guesses but at this time, these dates seem accurate.
    They updated the powertrain in 2007, and the new engine is still best-in-class for both power and economy.

I waited for and got an '07, mostly for that gem of an engine. 266hp, great fuel economy, chain driven camshafts so no timing belt to replace.

I'd like to see a faster-acting transmission, but otherwise I feel the powertrain is up-to-date and even tops for a minivan.

I'd also like to see a power hatch on LE models, and for them to figure out a way to offer AWD without forcing the awful run-flat tires.

Still, if I were buying a new minivan today, it would be another Sienna, without a doubt.
  • timothyhtimothyh Posts: 11
    State of the art for 2004 or 2007, but not for 2010. Powertrain in the Lexus Rx is better - 6 speed transmission, hybrid option.

Minivans have been losing market share to CUVs for the past 6-7 years. Its not just Sienna vs. Odyssey, as many on the East and West Coast assume, or Sienna vs. Odyssey vs. Grand Caravan, as the Midwesterners view it.

It's Sienna vs. Odyssey vs. Highlander vs. Murano vs. Suburban vs. ...........
    I've heard the 6 speed hesitates worse than my 5 speed does. If so I'm just not interested.

If they can tune it right, then sure, I'll take it.

Hybrid would be too expensive. Plus vans are heavy and IMHO the best hybrid applications are light, small, city cars. I don't even commute in my Sienna to my city job - I have a Miata for that.

The concept Toyota showed didn't wow me. It was very focused on the interior and IIRC it only had 6 seats. A van this size should seat 8.
  • samnoesamnoe Posts: 731
    True, the powertrain is still among best in class, and the same will be used in future models, accoeding to many previewers. Transmission will be the 6-speed.

But other than powertrain (and maybe reliability), there is nothing the Sienna stands out from the croud. Lately, toyota is loosing out to competitors. The Sienna interior, for example, is so outdated that I almost can't look at it anymore. The Avalon is much better. (I hope they won't give us a Venza interior. Way too radical for me).

I need a stereo with a bigger LCD, which contains more information than single-line at a time. The Camry is not bad. Why not use the same for Highlander, Venza, and Corolla? The single line, dated green backlighting stereo was state-of-the-art back in 1990. Hello? Why a green-backlighting when the rest of illumination is elegant blue? (Luckily, the Sienna's stereo backlighting is blue. But still single line of info. You need to press TEXT to see more).

And what's up that many controls are not lighted at all.?

There is a reason why Toyota's are not rated so high anymore. Nobody recommends the Corolla over the Hyundau Elantra, for example. Why?

I hope that with the new Sienna, Toyota will show us again what they're capable of. Please wake up!! Hurry!
    It probably has the most interior space, too.

I actually like the Venza's interior, but not their latest truck interiors, so hopefully they follow the cars and not the trucks.

Just don't go too radical. Minivans should be about function first and foremost, not form.
  • tsu670tsu670 Posts: 293
    I've noticed that the Toyota Venza is one of those new models being introduced with really high door sills. Reminds me of the Chrysler 300 sedan. Narrow windows, fat doors.

I guess some people find it attractive, but not this buyer. Other car makers are going to the style change, as well. All I can think for the reason is maybe it provides an extra measure of safety when the side airbags are deployed.

Comments? What do you think of the newer models with the high door sills? Like it?
  • yatesjoyatesjo Posts: 186
    High sills look good from the outside but they reduce visibility inside. The Venza is nowhere close to the 300 for high sill/short windows. It's a styling fad like tail fins. We'll see how long it lasts.
    I have not test driven one yet but I may since I'm curious about how visibility would be. My Sienna has very good visibility for its size, though to the rear I use a fish-eye lens to help me backup.
  • bernard05bernard05 Posts: 2
    Anyone know if the sienna will have a facelift this year for 2015?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,322
    edited April 17

No changes anticipated. The current design only dates back to 2011, so any facelift would likely be minor. Some sites say the interior will get a "major" makeover, but I don't know how trustworthy those rumors are.

2015 Model Year Changes

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.