Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Future Models

Comments

• nofeernofeer Posts: 380
    HEY TOYOTA HONDA COSTS 6K LESS AND HAS NAV!!!!!

toyota needs to make features closer to the competition and maybe by summer or fall when the freshended ody comes out they will compete for features. It surprises me that as Nav becomes more of a wanted feature (i will have it, my ls430 proved the usefullness) you have to pay 6k more than the ody why is this toyota bring it to the masses. it should be available on the le, xle, and ltd. what combo of sieena features competes with the ody ex leather/ nav???? what do you think? I can add an aftermarket res system or a bag system witha portable dvd (we'll go this way) I guess i could add an after market dvd nav with cd changer (who makes this) best buy if you buy the extended warranty includes transfering res/ dvd nav to another car. what nav systems are out there?? any suggestions. maybe we should have a discussion of aftermarket addons to enhance a CE or LE model, at least you could move it to another vehicle. I'm sure someone makes a combo dvd nav/cd changer maybe even can play mp3 cd's (where should i look, any have any experience)
  • liaisonliaison Posts: 47
    Can anyone tell me if the upholstery is the same for the LE seats as the CE seats on the O4 Sienna? I looked at an LE(Silver with gray interior) today and have to admit that it is very impressive. LE with #3 package gives you the power door on the right plus the JBL sound system with 10 speakers that is supposed to provide surround sound. Just not sure if the power door and JBL is worth $2200 more than the CE. The LE was very plush and I like the way the middle seats fold forward to give you more room for cargo. Also has a built in attachment to keep them from falling back into place. A good site for pricing is kbb.com. Has the latest pricing for the 04 Sienna.
  • winedogswinedogs Posts: 102
    I'm not sure why everyone is suprised that most Toyota dealerships are charging MSRP on the 2004 Sienna. It's really simple, if you want a 2004 Sienna in March you are going to PAY. Supply is low demand is high. This gives the dealerships the leverage. I frankly can't blame the dealerships for trying to make as much money as market demand allows. If you want to pay closer to invoice, you are going to have to wait. In a nut shell, if you buy early you pay, if you wait you win!!!!
  • powerman1powerman1 Posts: 10
    Go to www.carsdirect.com and see how much Toyota charges for each set of options. I was surprised how costly the 17" wheel option and the $$ for the curtain air bags (you can figure out the prce of each).
  • bargamonbargamon Posts: 302
    I did not know that a minivan is really a NAV delivery system.

It would appear the limited and ex oddy are two differnt markets.

The LS400 has no equation in this other than it holds your NAV.

Sounds like your mind is made up, the most logical choice for you the least expensive model below MSRP that will have a DVD.

You need to drive The sienna to fully decide.

IF you decide to get the oddy, even if its just for the nav, then you are getting a great vehicle at a good price! Enjoy your new van adn good luck with it!
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,631
    CE cloth is different than LE cloth.
  • nofeernofeer Posts: 380
    Help, a post before had a great discription of the options by package, can you give me the discussion #

the way carsdirect is set up is still confusing Toyota is very confusing, if i want DVD nav what option package minimum do i want, and do i have to get the RES? there option packages makes no sense except to milk big $$$$ from consumers, i don't want the moonroof. within each model you should be able to pick and choose more.

when will toyota update it's site for o4 build your own?
  • storm11storm11 Posts: 38
    I have been monitoring this post for a while as the time is drawing near to source a new van for my family. Dealerships in my area (Space Coast, FL) are all dinging customers on the sticker with this "Toyoguard" nonsense, costing $619-$699. Obviously a moneymaker and complete ripoff for what it provides. Is anyone aware of dealerships (or alternate sources) to get a XLE, or LE with the BW option package in this area without paying for this garbage? I walked away from a Sequoia deal a few years back when it first came out because of this junk and arrogance. Looks like I might have to walk away from Toyota again if I can't get past this and I may then have to work a better deal on an Ody. The new Sienna's my first choice, but I'm not putting those bucks into their pockets without getting corresponding value. I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas.
  • dplachtadplachta Posts: 109
    Chein-

I bought an '04 Sienna LE from Metro Toyota (Margie was my salesperson--she was excellent) at $750 below sticker.

I was also in contact with Motocars and Sunnyside but they didn't get the color I wanted. I never talked price with them--didn't get that far.
  • All of us think differently and we all prioritize differently. All of us are curious about how others think and we naturally try to justify our thinkings even though we don't have to. It's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a question of what we want and a lot less of what we really need. With after-market NAV or DVD RES, I always worry about how the installer might butcher my front dash/panel. If I wanted a portable NAV, it would be the Magellan 750 for about $1,600. This is the same as the Hertz NeverLost System. I love it. It's not a touch screen like the Odyssey or Sienna, but it is excellent. But I don't like portables just because they are portable. I have used the DeLorme GPS on my Compaq laptop. It works okay, but not great to my standards, which is different than other people's standards.
    I like the built-in-dash unit because it looks great. It's not a question of need; it's about what I want.
    I think the Sienna will be an awesome minivan and I am sure it will be a little quieter with a smoother ride than the Odyssey. But I just could not justify to myself to pay about $36K for it when I could get one for $28,860 brand new ordered with the exact color I wanted-Silver. I will still be driving my Lexus LS400 to work everyday and driving the Odyssey on weekends and road trips.
    But I think it's a good idea to get a CE with cruise control for about $24K and then add an after market NAV from Pioneer or Alpine with the motorized 6.5" screen for about $2,000 or get the portable Magellan 750.
    For DVD RES you can get either a combo DVD player/LCD monitor or a separate player with LCD monitor---if you wanted a larger monitor like 10-17". I am now thinking that with a combo unit (DVD player attached to the monitor like 7.8" widescreen from Pyle), you won't have to mess with installing a separate dvd player and less chance of them butchering the front panel/dash. The unit itself would cost you $818.45 from savinglots.com and I think professional installation might run about $200 to $300. I think I will do this on my Odyssey.
    Oh, by the way, another reason I bought the Odyssey was because my wife told me there's no way she would let me buy the 2004 Sienna. She was probably kidding, but I know she just absolutely loves the Odyssey and she absolutely thinks the 2004 Sienna is not yet proven to be reliable, even though the 2003 Sienna is very reliable and all Toyotas are very reliable. She also thinks the Odyssey still looks better than the new Sienna, but that's just her opinion.
  • newcar35newcar35 Posts: 48
    what the heck is "toyoguard"? Sounds exactly like the kind of cr*p that Consumer Reports and Edmunds warn you against. Go to another dealer, even if it's a drive away. Our local dealers were clueless, Chicago dealers heartless (MSRP or bust -- we said bust), but found a dealer in IA who gave $1000 off and no hidden fees or advertising costs. Yeah, it's a 2 hour drive each way, but it's worth it for $1,000. If you want to buy now, then you may have to go outside your town to get a good deal.
  • Anyone know when crash tests be performed/published for the 04 Sienna?
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    Please share your purchase experience in Toyota Sienna - What did you pay?.

Thanks!

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• rambhamrambham Posts: 10
    I am confused about the options that are available for the xle limited. Can someone tell me what the options (and prices) are for the xle limited (7 seat front wheel drive).

Thanks for any help.
    GU: tray table
    GV: center console box
    GW: center console box and color keyed rear spoiler
    HE: center console box and DVD entertainment
    HF: center console box, color keyed rear spoiler, DVD entertainment.

Sorry, don't know the prices. You might check here on Edmunds or other web sites for that info.
    As far as I can tell, you can only get NAV with XLE package GT (#19) which includes almost all the other stuff. Like the others said, you might want to consider an after-market nav system if you really don't want the other stuff. Check around for ratings and info on after-market NAVs; apparently, some are much better than others.
  • You can buy an Odyssey EX for $25,490 now in Southern Indiana. The new Sienna has and will be at MSRP for years, so enjoy your wait, or you can get a deal on an Odyssey NOW!!!!

I saw an 04 Sienna on the road again today, someone bought this one.
  • rambhamrambham Posts: 10
    Thank you for that list.

From that list it looks like the
    navigation package is not available
    on the xle. Is that right? It does not
    make sense to me.
  • bexcellbexcell Posts: 7
    I doubt that the 2004 Sienna will be at MSRP for long. I was offered $900 over invoice on an XLE by a dealer in Maryland. I also located over 480 Siennas in the Southeast that were at dealerships before the official launch date. The Sienna will not be in short supply.
  • bexcellbexcell Posts: 7
    Navigation is available on the XLE in package #19 which MSRP's for $7040. You certainly have to pay to get navigation.