Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• wattson1wattson1 Posts: 15
    has anybody had a problem with

- Airbag light comes "ON"
    - the car does not lock totally (the security (red light on the driver's door) does not blink but stays solid ?
    - Unable to change the channel on XM rcvr? When u choose rcvr serail number, the MMI just hangs with a message "loading"
    i just got a S710a sony ericsson. but my car is in the shop for the airbag light "ON" issue. so i have not
  • liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    wattson1,

The airbag light is supposed to come on. It lights whenever the airbag is turned off, such as when the passenger seat is empty.
  • dwinerdwiner Posts: 13
    2000 A6 2.7T 6M Black Onyx 85K mi. I love it, I love it, I love it!

When I turn on the A/C I get a "garbage" smell for a minute or two. I think this is a classic condensate drain plug problem. Can someone tell me where the drain is located, and where the plug usually occurs on the A6? Troubleshooting and repair details are always welcome.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • lemon3lemon3 Posts: 1
    I am having so many problems with my 2003 A6 2.7T, I could never recommend an Audi of any year to anyone, not even to an enemy. The car has had problems since 1200 miles and as of today (the dealer still has the car), it only has 20,000 miles on it. The car has been to the service department for 15 different problems, some of them major. The valve cover gaskets were leaking oil onto the manifold(possible cause of fire) and smoking badly, the turbos blew the day I picked the car up from that repair(my mechanic told me it was quite probable the service tech dropped something into the open head and it travelled down to the turbo, thereby ruining the turbo). They had it 13 days, then another 14 days because the car wasn't running properly. I drove it a week, and the alternator went, causing the battery to drain. The dealer just called to state the starter just seized as they were going to call me to pick the car up. I have spoken to corporate many times and they insist on repairing this LEMON. I suggested they replace the vehicle with a new model for the remainder of my lease, but NOOOOOO! They choose to stonewall me instead. DON'T DO IT!!!!! DON'T BUY AN AUDI!!!!!! IT'S THE WORST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN. YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!!!!!!
  • dwinerdwiner Posts: 13
    My 2000 2.7T 's airbag light comes on occasionally. The system is "airbag and seatbelt tensioners", though. I found each time that it was a rear seatbealt that needed a jiggle.
    the manual says it needs to be off. if everything is OK with the sytem
  • tmjohnsontmjohnson Posts: 1
    My 2002 Audi A6 was pulsating and the steering wheel would shake when I had to slow down or stop. I brought it to the dealership and they said that the break pads in the front had about 5000 miles left on them but that the front rotors were blue from heat damage. I was informed that break pads were covered under warranty but that rotors were not and to replace them would cost $440.00. I contacted Audi Consumer Complaints and was told that the dealership followed procedure and that the rotors are not covered under warranty. Has anyone had the same problem? Any suggestions on how to get Audi to cover the repair?
  • marleybarrmarleybarr Posts: 334
    I have the same "airbag light on" problem on my 20000 A6 2.7T. Thanks for the tip, will try playing with the rear seatbelts.
  • a6owner1a6owner1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Audi A6 2.0 TDI it stalls from cold and has turbo lag, any ideas?
  • jodarjodar Posts: 51
    I can't believe what you were told. My pads and rotors were changed by the dealer during the free 50K service period. I'd go to another dealer maybe, but if you consulted Audi Customer Service and received that answer, perhaps I was lucky then.
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    I could see the rotor not being covered (though BMW does cover it in their service program). However, with the excessive heating from the pads, you have an argument that some defect in the brake system led to the excessive heat. This defect caused the rotors to run hotter than normal and led to the warping.

Be civil, polite, and professional. It gets you a lot further. :) Let them know you understand their position, but emphasize that you wouldn't be asking for this if they had been wearing normally. This situation definitely sounds like abnormal wear.

-Paul
    A6 and S710a do NOT at all.

i am going to try the siemens
    just returned my S710a. di dnot sync with Audi A6 on bluetooth. Great phone, lot of features but ...
  • mdavis1mdavis1 Posts: 1
    I am steamed! I have an Audi A6 3.0. Recently found absnormal tire wear and took the vehicle to the dealer for alignment. They couldn't get the rear end back to align within factory spec. Service Manager was sure it was a defective part as there had been no impact, and he had seen it before on other new Audis. He called the factory rep, who refused to honor the warranty. The factory rep (who never looked at the car) said there must have been an impact.

The Service Manager called me, told me he was shocked by ther response and suggested I call Audi Customer Service. I did, but after a week and a half's run around they told me they would never over-rule the factory rep.

I love the car, but I will get rid of it, never buy another Audi product, and make sure everyone I know learns of my poor experience. I am the oly one who has ever driven the car and attest to the fact there has been no impact. They basically are calling me a liar and the Service Manager incompetent, on the basis of someone who hasn't even bothered to get off his butt to look at the car!
  • duffy4duffy4 Posts: 18
    The advance key worked for 500 miles, and stopped. I had it repaired and it worked for about 1000 miles and stopped again. I have 750 miles before my 5000 mile visit and will get it fixed again.
  • liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    lemon3,

It appears your car is a lemon. Have you looked into your state laws in claiming it as such? You should be able to get AOA to buy it back or replace it for you if its had so many repairs in just over 2 years...
  • scubadavescubadave Posts: 1
    My engine sounds like an air raid siren :mad: any ideas :confuse:
  • marleybarrmarleybarr Posts: 334
    If you have run your oil level low, your turbos could be "cooked". The oil feeder lines to the turbos could also be obstructed and/or have come loose. Any oil on the garage floor?

That "dentist drill" noise could signal turbo failure. You didn't mention how the vehicle is running. Also, turbos have to be replaced in pairs. $$$$$$
  • It is likely a fan problem. I had to replace an aux fan component (under warranty) - siren noise went away (on the allroad, which has since been returned off lease). May want to search on audiworld - quite a few siren-noise postings - many fan-related, some turbo problems.