Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• kgarykgary Posts: 180
    It is a well known problem on the 05 A6. The dealer fixed mine a couple of years ago. If I recall it was a software issue. Send me a PM with your e-mail address referencing the gas gauge problem and I will send you a copy of the TSB.
  • I know this is an older post, but did you ever get resolution? I am having the same problem with my 2000 A6 and the beeping is driving me crazy.
  • i am having the same issue did anyone fine a solution ?
  • Had the same problem. Was intertwined with the security system failure. The lock on the driver's side "fell apart" from the inside, even though it was never used manually, and caused the brake warning light to go on, along with the windows not staying up, the headlights flashing, and the alarm to go off whenever the car was locked. A $2000.00 repair if I didn't have the extended warranty while owning the vehicle. After almost 9 years of Audi past experience, I warn you that the Audi is one of the most complicated and difficult vehicles to repair. The Audi is the type of vehicle which should be leased (under full warranty) and then returned. Ownership is not advised, atleast not without warranty and extended warranty.
  • I sit here always amazed at all issues that Audi has and how they never correct anything , your right Lease only and never buy and have warranty ,
    i got out of my four rings of hell some time back , i spread the word any time i hear some one talking about buying audi , i even sent a letter to md attorney general office how could people effective help run audi dealers out of md
    Customer Service is a Joke ,
  • Can. Somebody. Tell me. What's. Going. On. With. This. Torque. Convorter. I. Went. To. Auto. Zone. To. Erase. It. And. It. Did. Then. Next. Day. It. Showed. Up. Again. And. Then. Following. Day. The. Check. Engine. Ligth. Turned. Off. And. Now. Its. On. Again. But. The. Car. Runs. Perfect. Its. No. Problem. Should I. Worry. Somebody. Please. Tell. Me. Thanks
  • fonefixerfonefixer Posts: 247
    The Audi was a beautiful car , had a fantastic interior, sounded great, and handled well. It just didn't hold up and had many mechanical/electrical gremlins that would have literally put me in bankruptcy w/o the warranty and extended warranty plan. I bought a 2.7T new in 2000 and sold it in 2006 with one week left on the extended warranty. Unless you buy one of these types of cars used at an extremely good price, they are lease/return only vehicles. I bought Mazda after the Audi, seems like a much less fussier car now w/ 40,000 miles and only wear item such as tires needed. Also driving a 98 TOY camry w/111,000 miles that has needed nothing but wear items since new.(tires/brakes/fluid changes) One other issue, the Audi dealer became so uncooperative that I was extremely fortunate to locate an independent mechanic that could work on the Audi and would honor the extended warranty. If you want to drive an Audi: Lease and return!
  • i have fitted an abs pump and ecu to cure abs /rev counter problem> from a passat on my a6 2.4se manual gearbox its the :sick: :confuse: bosch and audi pt numbers now i need to re code it to make asr work but i gather you normally read code from old unit which i have scrapped so now what do i do ???????? vagcom says fault is just needs re coding but old unit disposed of also only have 409.1 share ware so ?what to buy to re code and where to get code from kind regards david
  • I have audi a6 2005 2.0 TDI and i have problem with my phone. When i press phone button it says phone not installed. I'm using latest DVD 2009, but it's same like i had 2005 DVD. The only change is in my GPS directory, i have more countries, but still my phone is not installed.
    Can someone help me with this issue, is it problem with disc-software or with my car hardware.
    Thx in advance.
  • sbist76sbist76 Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone knows anything about why my temp gauge on my A6 Quattro does not move at all? I could drive it all day and it won't move! Thanks!
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Hi all,

I've had the '04 A6 Quattro for about a week now and I've noticed a noise...a winding down noise after the car is shut off. Is this a normal noise to hear? I was able to pop the hood and find out where the sound originates from and it is coming from the cooling fan on the radiator. Is this sound normal or is it indicitive of the fan motor getting ready to call it quits on me?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Mike
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,832
    thermostat stuck wide open all the time?

Bad sensor?

Loose wire to sensor?

Thanks! I also noticed that I have a little coolant leak. I'm not sure where it's coming from, but every week I have to add a little bit of coolant to my reserve bottle. Could that be a cause of the temp gauge not moving?

thanks
    Don't think so.

I think you could test the gauge by grounding the sensor wire but make sure you aren't grounding a live wire. I don't know your system well enough to tell you to go around playing with wires. But the gauge can be tested easily by a shop.

If in fact your engine is running THAT cold that much, this is not good at all for your engine in the long run (will create engine sludge).

Another idea is to insert a mechanic's thermometer into the coolant directly and see what the temp REALLY is.

I'm not sure if my engine is running that cold, all I know is I'm getting heat. I haven't tried the a/c yet so I'm not sure about that. Also I noticed after I'm done driving for a while and i look under the hood, I notice that the coolant is boiling/bubbling a bit in the reserve bottle. Is that normal?

Thanks again!
    No I don't that is normal.

What I meant to type was:

No, I do not think that is normal!

• sixdayssixdays Posts: 10
    hi there can you help me , my Audi a6 2.5 tdi 2001 on a y reg,is going OK ,but when i put it in reverse and pull away up my small incline out of my garage it needs plenty of revs then it jumps into motion and the same in fall word gear on the flat lesser of a prob ,if you think its the fluid can you tell me what tools i would need to test and how i would do the test,many thanks Porscha :)
  • sixdayssixdays Posts: 10
    hi there i have a prob when i start the car ,not a big one i hope OK.
    1 /if i put the car into gear it will creep fall wards or backwards,it also take high revs before it sets off then its all of nice smooth drive,
    2/interior lights all work except the one on the mirror switch vent switches odds and sods fuse is good.
    just got the car ,reading all the threads ,getting a bit worried,many thanks Porscha
  • freepassfreepass Posts: 1
    Hi folks, can you tell me what exactly has to be detached to replace the drivers front cv shaft. It looks like a bit more than my old mazda 626. I prefer not to unbolt more than I have to.
    Thanks, Mike
  • kkosmankkosman Posts: 1
    I keep getting the same problem over and over again. If i turn the A/C fan speed control to over 9 i fel a vibration, as soon as i lower it again the vibration goes away. I took it to the Authorized Audi Dealership and they changed the filters, two month later it has started again. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this problem and how they solved it . Im not living in the US the climate here is dusty but i have never had this problem before. The dealership is insisting to charge me every time i have this problem and i have a feeling that he is just putting a bandage instead or doing a permanent repair job.
    Thx in advance
    Khalid
    Which engine? turbo V-6, n/a V-6 or V-8?

• I have the headlight range control defective warning light.Has anyone had this problem? or knows how to fix it?

Thanks
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    I own an '04 A6 3.0 Quattro and I have noticed at night that the headlights don't seem to have the same verticle alignment. I know the HID's are self leveling, but it always seems like the light on the driver's side falls a bit shorter than the one on the driver's side. Is there an adjustment I can make to even them out?
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    This is a known problem. Audi has issued a TSB for the issue. It requires a new control module. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and reference the issue and I will send you the TSB.
  • My A6 turn signals blink spordaically. they blink very quickly and the lights only blink a few times. Is there a flasher assembly someplace ?
  • spawn1spawn1 Posts: 1
    I have a 1996 audi a6 and the heater is unable to turn down,it says its turning down but doesnt.I can still adjust the flow of air though.And when I turn on the a/c it still blows out hot air .And the funny thing is somedays it works like it is supposed to,you know like when I take it in to get looked at!!Please help???
  • gbosleygbosley Posts: 20
    i had a 2006 A6 that was lemon law with same issue , it would go from comfortable 70 degree to scalding 180 degree , after many times in shop my dealer would not work on it any more , so i had to wait 45 days for audi tech to come , looking at my paper work it was a dual heater a/c valve unit had to be replaced , i can not tell you oh if that took care of the issue i hardly drove it after that and they tool it back ,
    they could not or would not say if i had a potential fire hazard , good luck probably be cheaper to get rid of it if it is that problem ,
  • Hi Kgary I would like to send you a PM but my comp is not allowing to do anything. What is an TSB?