Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• tommtomm Posts: 31
    stick with the Japanese..;)
  • blm47blm47 Posts: 3
    love the car but it seems to lose or burn oil just had 60000 mile service done now brake indicator is on and when should the timing belt be changed.
  • blm47blm47 Posts: 3
    bought used with 44500 miles on it and now brake light on is it front or rear brakes.And is this normal wear for brakes now at 63000 miles.Car seems to be burning oil because no leaks to be found also when do you change timiming belt?
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 115
    I bought the A6 quattro on the 28th too, and on Sat, I see the signal lights flashing when I went to the garage and the dash also turned on abs etc. Whats wrong here? Had to take it to the dealer after jump starting it. They said they have to look into it have the battery checked out. Funny thing is when I went to buy it the dealer had the car engine running he said it just came from the other dealer and they just checked it out but I think they knew it before selling it to me and didn't say a word.
  • The Audi A6 is a car to be leased for 3 years under warranty and then returned to the dealer. I made the unfortunate decision to buy a 2000 A6 2.7T new and if the extended warranty was not purchased, the car would have bankrupted me. Bought new for $42,500 and sold in 06 w/ 100,000 miles for $11,500. Devaluation is probably about average for this type of car. Considering that Audi is an "engineering company" with features that are cutting edge, some of the problems I encountered were indeed baffling:
    ....wheel shake when braking
    ....4 time replacement of front discs
    ....heater squeal in wintertime
    ....valve cover/cam chain gasket leaks
    ...alarm failure w/ signal lights flashing/windows going up/down on their own
    ....amazingly high normal maintenance charges from dealer
    ....driver's side key lock failure
    ....twin turbo failure even w/frequent synthetic oil changes

Your problem is problably the alarm system failing, which affects the entire electronic operation of the car. Make sure you have a good warranty while owning this car!
  • ted27ted27 Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the cause of the trip recorder continually returning to zero accompanied by the dashboard light flickering?
  • Does any one know if gas tank has to be droped to replace it, Thanks
  • kolaskolas Posts: 2
    My Treo 700W and my AUDIA6 2006 4.2l Bluetooth do not have a strong connection. I get a good signal for about a minute or two then it is lost.
    The dealer suggested getting the bluetooth software in the car updated or getting a Blackberry Curve, which he said configures perfectly.... :surprise: :(

Does anyone else have this problem and have any suggestions?

Thanks.
  • tommtomm Posts: 31
    had same ac blowing hot air prob - intermittent when real hot out - dealer had heard of a prob like this, but - obviously - couldnt reproduce while car in- so far, so good on that (ahh--yea- it's winter).. just about 48,000 miles now- what to do?? haha tomm
  • zorozoro Posts: 5
    i have a 2005 A6 and use to have a Treo 650, the Bluetooth would work but often would cut out after a period of time. I switched phones to the Curve and have not had any issues. Problem is with the Phone not the Car's bluetooth.
  • While driving on a highway my Audi lost power within 30 seconds of hearing a loud beep and seeing a large icon on the dashboard. Evidently, this was due to a thermostat that was stuck. When stopped the car steamed or smoked and the engine was melted. Does any one know if there should have been another warning light since there was none that we received.

Thanks,
  • hi have an 1998 2.4 auto v6 which took in water via blocked drain outlets near wipers 5 inchs of water in drivers side area everythin is workin again bar the gearbox the automatic symbos dont even appear on the dash anymore can anyone help
  • tom155tom155 Posts: 2
    I drove the car last night but this am nothing happened when I turned the key. No click, nothing. A battery jump did nothing, no starter click, nothing. Any clues?
  • Actually, although my car is 8 years old and I “love it “ dearly, I have found that if it is left parked in cold weather from more than 3-4 days, it might not start. This has happened a couple of times, and the car was towed away to figure out what happened. Both times, the car started after arrivng at the service station. Maybe "it" was thrilled with the attention. The last time, it was even still outdoors when the mechanic simply turned the ignition. They think that it has something to do with the oil not staying in all of the spots that it should, due to the cold. But no defitnite answer.
  • I just had the same thing happen last night. The car is an 07 A6 with less than 13,000 mi. I have not heard any concensus from the dealership yet. What have you found out in researching this problem? Frankly it was pretty dangerous as everything died while I was driving. I was able to restart the car bu couldn't drive it without it dying. Thaks, Mike
  • I am sure if you look at this site in any detail , you know that You want to save every piece of Paper from the Dealer , Never leave the dealership without a copy of repair order and what they have done , and get a loaner car from them if it under warranty .
    I had a 06 A6 dying was only thing that it did not do , it had so much electrical issues that i feared it would just catch fire , the a/c would blow 180 degrees from driver left vent and rear vents in a blink of eye , so hot you could not put both hands on wheel or use turn signals , beyond the service you get at your dealer you get no help from AUDI , nothing there about Customer Care , my A6 was down 135 days in 23 months that i had it. Need to read up on your rights under Lemon Law and know there help beyond Lemon .
  • What does it mean when the ABS and Brake light go on occassionally while I'm driving? Is this something that's an easy fix (i.e., fuse, brake fluid) or do I have to haul it off to the repair shop (again). Any advice is good advice. Thansk!
    1999 Audi A6 Quattro 89000 miles
  • zorozoro Posts: 5
    I have an 2005 A6 that I had a ton of issues with and had to file a lemon law claim. it was a pain but in the end I did get some satisfaction. The car has been repaired several times and was down for 60+ days over 20 months, since then I have had no issues and the car runs great.
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    I have an 05 4.2. I found that once I went to Ebahn's website and printed up every TSB issued on the car, and had the dealer essentially address every issue known to the A6, that the car became a great car. I suggest that you do the same.
  • Any truth to a tire dealers Mantra that replacing only one tire on an AWD A6 will damage the car in some way? This seems like such a scam. But from what I've read (forgive me --I'm far from knowledgable) it shouldn't matter much if the new tire is the same size and the tread on the old tires hasn't worn down to Abe Lincols's head?

Please help me save $300