Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Climate Control Problems (Air Conditioning, Heat) - All Cars

1222324252628»

Comments

• araniarani Posts: 1
    Need help, I have BMW 2002 325i, when I use Air Conditioning after 30 minutes or so, lot of heat coming from defrost vents and at feet inside the car, unbearable heat, still AC is coming
    from front vents. but the heat from defrost vents and at feet unbearable.
    Appreciate if anyone could help here......thanks in advance.
  • It might be your blend door actuator, it is what controls your vent door from either giving you hot air or cold air. Sometimes the actuator might be going bad and let the door close a little forcing some hot air in. It is up under the dash and usually a pain to get to, a garage will charge you for probably 8-10 to fix so try and fix yourself (but).....check all your fuses first that have anything to do with the heater or air conditioner. Pull your climate control out of the dash make sure everything is still plugged in the back of it. After that your going to have to either look under the dash and see what moves when you move your climate control lever (you might have to disassemble dash not sure on your car) to see what is going on. You need to find out if your car operates the actuator by cable, vacuum or electric and go from there. It might be an easy fix, mine is a 1998 Bravada and there is a spot on the heater housing on the firewall (under the hood not inside the car), and on that housing it says (cut along here for access) well i cut on the line and there is some screws to take out, and then i have access to that door. I just opened the door so cold air was coming out all vents and then unplugged that actuator so the door wouldn't move and worked perfect until i could put new actuator on.
  • That's the garage will charge you 8-10 hours of shop time, which can be a huge bill to fix this, so exhaust all your options first!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,648
    A scan tool of the right type should be able to tell you if the blend door is actuating at its full range of motion or not.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• why would turning on blower fan cause RPM's to drop and engine to sputter?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,648
    either it's sucking a huge amount of current (seizing fan bearings?) or your car's battery is lame and the alternator has to work extra hard to keep up.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,458
    edited October 2013
    >why would turning on blower fan cause RPM's to drop and engine to sputter?

If your car actually has an OFF for the fan instead of just on low speed, turning the fan on may also be engaging the AC compressor and the radiator cooling fans when you push just that button. Is the HVAC going from completely OFF to an AC mode?