Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Trying to stay cool in Edmunds.com's long-term 2014 Mazda CX-5.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• eclogiteeclogite Member Posts: 48
    I'm wondering how many other cars have vents that don't fully close and how much of an issue this is for general folk. The vents in my 1996 Maxima don't close externally (the center ones, anyway), but don't pass air when the HVAC is set to feet or full defrost. I don't think I'd see this as a deal breaker, but maybe it is for some?
  • nxtiaknxtiak Member Posts: 13
    If air is set to outside air, air still comes into the cabin in the 0/off position. If it's set to circulate interior air, I get no air coming in.
  • uthikeruthiker Member Posts: 18
    On my drive to work with the outside temp. at 13, I had the heater set at defrost/floor. I could feel warmth from the center vents but they were not blowing any air out. You may want to have the Mazda dealer check it out... or find something better to nitpick about. The only buzzkill here is this "review".
  • john_woodsjohn_woods Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for pointing that 'feature' out, it can be very annoying, especially on long trips where the driver may want to stay cool and awake but the passenger is cold and doesn't want any breeze whatsoever. Yes, you can bring blankets for the passenger but that's never good enough.

The damn thing needs to be OFF when it's off.