Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI includes discussion of the Passat's massive driving range.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I'd still push it to the limit. And my wife would still scream at me for doing it. Same anxiety. Just less often.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Nice. I'd love to have something like this for the trips from LA to Sacramento we make a few times a year.
  • Options
    diondidiondi Member Posts: 71
    Nice odometer reading, too bad it's not closer to July 4th!
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    750 is a nice prediction. I'm curious to see what real-world mileage you can get on a long highway trip. Per your last fuel economy update you've never gotten anywhere near the car's highway rating of 40 mpg on a full tank.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I think maybe 1776 miles on the odometer is a little early to start looking for max fuel economy performance. Also, to get the car's highway rating on a full tank, you would probably have to go on a 750-mile highway trip - ? At 1776 miles total the likelihood of having taken a road trip that long is low.
  • Options
    reversethrustreversethrust Member Posts: 2
    Josh,
    do you normally reset the trip meter after every fill-up?

In other words, is the actual range closer to 800 miles?