Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda 3 Earns Five-Star Safety Rating From Federal Government | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Mazda
image2014 Mazda 3 Earns Five-Star Safety Rating From Federal Government | Edmunds.com

The 2014 Mazda 3 earned a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vickygc1vickygc1 Member Posts: 1
    My experience with the Mazda 3 2014 hatchback has been nightmarish!

I leased a brand new Mazda 3 2014 hatchback on July 19 having read about its superior safety ratings on the Mazda website, Edmonds and others. Within 5 days the car broke down in a trafficked area due to electrical/engine failure. A local Mazda dealership “fixed” the issue. Nearly 3 weeks later the car HALTED without any warning in busy traffic with my son and I in the car. The electrical failed completely and the brakes did not work. It was AMAZING that no one rammed into us! Again, Mazda serviced the car. There were 3 pages of computer failure-related problems that were found on the service report.

I contacted Mazda Corporate and was told to write to the Mazda Mediation Department letting them know about the situation and that I no longer have confidence in the car and also demanded that they replace it. The Mediation Dept. is presently reviewing the situation but the person I’m dealing with gave me the impression that the car problems were not their responsibility and my almost near death experiences were not that important since I’m still alive.

I am disgusted that with two near-fatal experiences with a BRAND NEW car that Mazda would not immediately replace the vehicle. I believe this car is a "lemon" and does not instill confidence. Every owner of a new car rightly expects a car that is safe and dependable. Ironically, you would think that with all the problems that GM has had recently with safety issues that Mazda would try to protect its brand reputation for safe cars!

I’d love to hear if any other Mazda 3 2014 hatchback owners are having safety issues with their cars.