Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Accord Coupe

Comments

• Options
    himilerhimiler Member Posts: 1,209
    Are you building a trackrat, or something that goes a little better than stock? Until you decide how extreme you want to go, it's tough to offer suggestions about exhausts and tires.

Here's what I'd do to your car, in order:
    --cold air intake
    --coil-overs and anti-roll bars
    --front strut tower brace
    --wider wheels with Potenza S-03 tires
    --Comptech catback exhaust and header

If you've got real money to play with, go for a full JRSC install and a Quaife LSD.

I'm not a fan of appearance mods, so I can't offer any suggestions on those (except that you can find more distinctive and less-expenssive body kits if you shop around).
  • Options
    jrp6977jrp6977 Member Posts: 87
    I saw one with the wrinkled molding cover just the other day at my local dealer. It must be a common defect.I'v also noticed that on many of the coupes, the trim piece aroung the steering wheel mounted controls doesn't match up with the leather on that part of the steering wheel. That must be yet another common quality control problem.
  • Options
    esundersesunders Member Posts: 12
    OK, so the Accord Coupe is not a "chick car", or not more so than most. (No offense to females out there). It appeals to a lot of people, and buying a car based on demographics is pretty silly. If you like it, buy it.

That said, I test drove both an Accord Coupe EX 5 speed and a Civic Coupe EX 5 speed tonight. Both good cars, but the Accord of couse has a lot better power, which is available over most of the power band (The Civic doesn't seem to have a lot of power until 5000 RPM) So of course the Accord beats the Civic (no surprise). So, if I had to decide between the 2, it would be no contest. The dealer also offered a good price, $21,073 with TTL (tax is only 3% here) with a choice of 3 colors, silver, red, or white. Only silver has the black interior, which I prefer.

The Accord is a nice car, but I would like something a little more fun to drive, but with comparable power. So I guess I have to drive the Acura RSX again. I looked at the Civic SI, but the minivan look is a little much for me. I wish they would go back to the coupe like body. So if I stay with Honda/Acura, the RSX may actually be the best choice, or maybe the Mazda 6. But I wonder about the reliability (can you say Ford?), and resale value is not going to be as good with the 6. But it might be worth a look anyway. Most reviews I have read say it is a blast to drive. The TSX looks interesting, but is a little bit out of my price range.

I really like the looks and the power of the Accord Coupe, but it would be hard to describe this car as really being fun to drive, which seems to have become one of my top priorities lately. :) The RSX looks better and better all the time. I don't think they are selling that well here, so I might be able to get a good deal. But the EX coupe is a really great car for a so called family car.
  • Options
    sphinx99sphinx99 Member Posts: 776
    You sound like you would have been an ideal Prelude buyer... just a few years late :(
  • Options
    anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    Took my car to the dealer today because I was getting brake vibration at 50 MPH and above. While I was there I mentioned the trim piece which was wrinkling on my coupe and they replaced it.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be so quick to knock Ford quality. THe Ford's I have owned were all great cars with quality that rivaled and in some cases surpased the Honda I presently own. They were also cheaper to own than my Honda. The Mazda 6 has been getting great reveiws so don't overlook it. I only wish they made a coupe version.
  • Options
    sphinx99: I too wish the Prelude was still around. I have considered buying a used one, or even an Integra, but I don't want something that some boy racer abused. The Prelude never sold that great to begin with, so I doubt there is a replacement coming anytime soon. Too bad.

jrp6977: Actually of the domestics, I would say that Ford has it's act together the most. I have even considered a Mustang, but the depreciation is killer, but with all the rebates Ford is throwing around, it at least got my attention. The 6 really intriques me, and I don't think I have even seen 1 on the road. This car is the darling of the automotive press, but doesn't seem to be selling at all, as far as I can tell. I have just seen pictures, but with the sport package, it looks pretty good for a sedan. The slightly smaller size actually is a plus for me. So I guess I will test drive the M6 too.
  • Options
    gee35coupegee35coupe Member Posts: 3,387
    I know I did. Just hard to find the "one" you like. There are a lot of "black sheep" cars on the lot.
  • Options
    over55over55 Member Posts: 3
    I've had my 6MT for 5 weeks and 1000 miles. Before I start trips to a distant dealer has anyone experienced a vibration, buzz (sounds like a piece of plastic) that appears to be coming from the passenger dash or door area at 65-70MPH. It can only be heard when the radio/CD is off or the fan setting is 2 or less. I have removed the glove box and air filter behind it to no avail. It is less noticable when I sit in the passenger seat! It is annoying, so has anyone had this issue resolved? Other than a squeaky clutch pedal, it's a great car.
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    I saw a gorgeous blue Honda accord coupe while I was in for service. Drove it around the block for a test drive, using the 6 speed MT.

Driving a stick is too much darn work . . who can be bothered with it? I mean with all the other things we do in the car . .eat drink and talk on the cellphone , sometimes even write a quick note with a spare hand.

I will test drive an automatic next time
  • Options
    mitch -- I don't know if you're just being satirical, but I'd suggest that when you're driving a car, you might want to make those other activities you mentioned less of a priority.

Although I will agree that the 6-spd. in the Accord coupe makes driving the car far busier than it needs to be. A 5MT would be more than adequate for the V6's torque output. The 6MT is there strictly for bragging rights.
  • Options
    maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    If you do all those things while you drive, let me know before you get on the road.....J/K

But to each his own...either way you'll get a good car.
  • Options
    lheath19lheath19 Member Posts: 5
    I bought my 03 v-6 coupe in May and have noticed the wrinkling in the black window molding. When I was at the dealer buying the car I noticed that a least 10 coupes that I looked at had this problem. The dealer told me that all the blue coupes that they have had on the lot had the same problem really bad and on both windows. The dealer is fixing my molding on sat. I wish Honda would go back to the chrome look like on the sedans it looks a 100 times better. I just know that as soon as I get the problem fixed they will come out with the chrome molding. Every one should check their molding it seems to be a big problem especially on the blue coupes.
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    the thing with manual transmissions is...they may be fun to drive, but you will take a beating come trade-in time... easpecially in a non-sports car like an accord.... having owned 5 speeds in the past, you better get ready to sell privately as opposed to trading in....

fact is, if you plan to buy a manual, pay as close to invoice as possible (or less), cause the dealers will penalize you when you trade it in later....

am i nuts?
  • Options
    You're the most-sane person I've heard from all day!

Unless you buy a sports car, you'll take a hit when it comes time to trade your MT-equipped car.

Like you said, it's better to find a private party buyer who knows just what they want.
  • Options
    Tuesday. Didn't really bother me. I thought the guy who tinted our windows did it. Looks like Honda tried to use a vinyl covering to keep it from fading like paint. But it wrinkled instead.
  • Options
    I'm with you lheath19, I wish they would at least offer a chrome window molding if not make it standard on the EX. I think it would make the new coupe look much more elegant, which it really needs.
  • Options
    notmnotm Member Posts: 22
    RE: #637 of 644 Rattle Noise by
    over55 Jun 18, 2003 12:56am
    Sorry to hear that is still around. I have a 2000 MT coupe and had the same two problems with rattle. and there was no way to isolate it. I think it is panel rub....where various panels are rubbing together (likely hidden to view). BTW I disassembled too and asked service to reinstall when I brought it in for service. I am back on here since my car was just t-boned on passgr side. and unsure of what to do. maybe a new coupe? maybe a very uncrunchable car? Insurance inspection tomorrow.
    e
  • Options
    carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    The 6 is not a Ford. Mazda had lots more input on the 6 project than Ford did. The block for the V6 in the 6 is a Ford block but everything else is Mazda in the 6. The 4 cylinder in the 6 is a Mazda engine. As for Mazda's reliability it ranks from average to above average. If you compare the Civic's or Corolla's reliability to the Protege's its about the same or the Odessy or Sienna to the MPV: its anoyt the same. Mazda's resale is better than the Domestic Big 3 and Hyundai. I wouldn't rank Mazda's resale value with the Japanese Big 3 or German Brands(VW or BMW.)As for seeing 6's I have seen about 20+ of them in Jersey. Accord Coupe and RSX are solid choices though.
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    I would have to agree with the comment before that the six speed MT is not an improvement over the 5 speed . . not on the accord anyway.

Just more work to shift the gears. Maybe it is a good idea on a different car, like a Corvette . .?
  • Options
    I did a little research, and you are right, Mazda's are reliable vehicles. According to Consumer Reports, not quite as good as Honda/Toyota, but very close. The Protoge seems to be very reliable, even the old outdated 626 was average to above average. I have been reading the Mazda6 board some, and it seems that problems are almost nonexistant. It appears to be a very well made vehicle according to early reports. Mazda just isn't on many people's radar (it certainly wasn't on mine) and the perceived notion that Mazda=Ford doesn't help.

I drove by a local Mazda dealer tonight and actually caught a look at the M6 in the flesh. Nice looking vehicle. About the same size as the 97 Accord I drove for a while, not like the new bloated Accord sedan. If it handles as well as adverised, I will definitely have to consider it. I think I will test drive a 6i MT tomorrow.

I really like the 4 cyl Honda engine and manual tranny in the Accord Coupe. Now if only the Honda engine and transmission could be put in the M6, that would be a sweet vehicle! Slap an H emblem on it and sell it as a Honda, I bet it would sell like crazy. I love Hondas, and may still buy one, but the Mazda6 is in the same league I think. I hope the 6 does well. Competition is good. If the M6 shakes things up and creates desire for more sporty, engaging vehicles, that is a good thing IMO.
  • Options
    I do like Honda and Mazda both and I do love the 96-97 Accord Exterior styling. Like you I don't care for 03 accord Sedan bloated look. As for putting a Honda Badge on the 6 I don't think the older buyers would like the look of the car(it would be too sporty for the older crowd.) Jatco Tranny the Mazda Engine(4cyl anyway and tranny) should be fine in the 6. Honda did try to go sporty with the 94-97 Accord and kind of offended older buyers a little bit. Honda does have its version of the 6: its called the TSX but Acura dealers are going for MSRP with the TSX: 27,000 dollars. I don't feel its worthed even if it could be had at invoice. The 03 Accord Coupe is a beautiful looking car even though its not my style. I have owned a 98 626 and have an 02 Acura CL so I don't think there is any bias on my part. A VW Passat maybe worthed taken a look at. VW caught my attention with the exterior design of the 02+ Passat. The 98-01 Passat didn't do nothing for me in terms of looks.
  • Options
    The 6 engine/tranny combo is good but still a hair off of the smoothness and the precision of the Accord 2.4L/manual transmission. In a family sedan it is a real negative to have such a lack of torque that you have no power below 3000RPM as stated by more than one automotive reviews of the 6 2.3L. I have no problem with high-revving engines. I have owned two 2000 Civic SI's and loved the way the engine screamed up to 8000RPM. But that engine would be out of place in a 4-door Civic EX sedan much as the 2.3L would be better suited in the Protege.

That said, once you get the 6 past 4000RPM it will go speedily and it drives like a dream and if you aren't in traffic alot and are used to revving that high it becomes a non-issue. If the deals get good enough there could very well be a 6 in our driveway. That's IF we can find one equipped the way we want it. Which is a whole different issue......
  • Options
    Thats a whole other story but I think Mazda will straighten that out for the 04 model year. I think Mazda tried nickel and dime people on the 6 the way Nissan has historically done with their option packages. Difference is people will pay extra for a Nissan for equipment they don't need while Mazda cannot get away with that. I guess Nissan just has the bigger name than Mazda so they can get away with that.
  • Options
    I think the option packages issue is another excuse for why the 6 isn't doing well. If people LOVED the 6 they would buy what they could find. Kind of like if someone wants an Accord V6 with a factory sunroof and cloth seats they have to make a decision as to whether they want the cloth or do they want the roof. People don't seem to want to make sacrifices just to own the 6. It's a VERY nice car but in the form that most sedans are sold it's lagging behind the current competition. The Accord got away for years with a not-so-smooth automatic transmission just as the Camry got away with only 130HP till 2002 because they had other qualities that made it worth it. Since the Camry handles just as well, the Altima looks just as good, and the Accord is faster there is no area where the 6 is a stand-out.

As nice as you and I both know the 6 is, most people just aren't seeing it.
  • Options
    I just find the new Camry flat out dull. The last generation was decent looking. The new is one is extermely bland. As for the Altima its nice looking but still wouldn't buy it. The new Accord you know my feelings on it(extremely bland but aside from that it does offer the ("everything you need nothing you don't
    syndrome".) I'll give you that. The 6 would be my choice if I were buying a car now. Why?

1.) Its sleek looking.
    2.) I don't need the extra horsepower that the Altima has or the extra interior room the Accord has.
    3.) I have no kids so backseat room is not an issue.
    4.) I would probably add only ABS, Keyless Entry and the lip spoiler If I were to purchase a 6.
    5.) If a Mazda dealer said I couldn't get the ABS sepearate probably just buy a VW Passat if I were in the market right now.
  • Options
    The new Camry loses me once you get inside much like the Altima. Can't deal with the unknown of VW quality. So that left us with the Accord and the 6. The 6 drove great, so did the Accord. The 6 had a smooth engine, so did the Accord but the Accord has a more linear power delivery. The 6 handled great, the Accord less so but different tires might solve that. It came down to price. We got our Accord near invoice with 3.49% financing. Mazda dealers weren't willing to touch that deal on a 6. They are willing to now but not on the Sport Package which is something we wanted so we would probably still end up with the Accord.
  • Options
    beechjet21beechjet21 Member Posts: 26
    This afternoon my A/C quit working on my V6 EX. It had been working fine earlier, but would only blow warm air after I had been parked for about 30 minutes. I cycled the unit, and adjusted the temperature, to no avail. I also noticed the instrument panel lights and gear indicator were out. I thought that I must have blown a fuse. Then, I stopped at the store for a few minutes, and when I started the car, the A/C and I.P. lights were working fine. So much for blowing a fuse. Anybody have any ideas?
  • Options
    My mom's 1987 Camry totally shut down on us during a couple of trips. I mean I was doing 80 or so and the whole car dies for like 3 seconds each time. The car went on to turn 260K. Keep an eye on it. But it may just have been "one of those things".
  • Options
    I like both cars, but think I am just going to buy something used for now, as I really don't know what I want I will admit, and am not real crazy about car payments and the depreciation hit of a new vehicle. To me, I've got to really like something to justify a new vehicle purchase, and be willing to hold on to the vehicle for a while. There is just nothing that really grabs me right now that I would be willing to commit to. Buying a few year old used model seems to make the most sense to me right now. A new car is nice, but it is something I can live without.

That said, here is my take on the Camry, 6, Altima, Passat comparison:

Accord: nice torquey engine, nice manual transmission. Sedan styling is, well, ugly. Coupe is very nice looking. Handling is all right, ride and suspension are less floaty than a 2001 I test drove. But I did like the 97 I drove for a few months, even with AT and lower HP (but it was also very noisey)

Camry: decent power, but is really more like Buick in size and feel. It too has gotten huge and less sleek. My sister has a 96 5 speed with 130,000 miles on it. Nice car. Anonymousposts, I give you that the Accord's handling is not as good as the 6, but do you really believe that the Camry handles as well as thea Accord? I have never heard anybody say that.

Altima: brutish power and aggresive styling, but a cheap interior. The power and styling attracts people, but you have to put up with inside A little too big for my tastes, and the rear end slab and tail lights are not my thing.

Mazda6: a really great car that is being held back by poor timing (who launches a new model in winter?) and marketing and option package hell. Mazda advertises the car as a sports sedan, but has very few actual Sport Package models and MTs. ABS not being standard is dumb also. Even most pickups have ABS standard now. Mazda should take a lesson from Honda and have 2 or 3 trim levels for each model. Yeah, it's annoying at times, but it makes shopping a lot simpler.

Passat: don't really know too much about them. The more compact size is nice, but it is a little to pricey and near luxury for me. VW seems to really have serious quality control issues. They have great resale, but terrible reliability, even below the big 3 domestics according to CR. I guess that's the price you pay too have that German feel.
  • Options
    Somebody deleted my post about VW Quality before but here it goes: Most of the VW Quality problems come from cars that were made in Mexico(I.E. the trouble prone Jetta.) I checked the Passat's reliability record as recently as 6 months ago in CR and it mostly rates average where as other VW products rate under average or worse so I wouldn't be scared to own a Passat. Believe me as a Japanese Car Fan I am very suspicious of quality/reliability of German Cars.

About the 6 it wasn't the marketing it was the stupid option packages that have driven sales down. People showed up at dealers when the 6 first debut and Mazda couldn't give them the specific options they wanted. Mazda did have 3 level trims with the 626 in the past until Mazda decided to throw a curveball with the new option packages with the 6. The current Protege has 3 level trims.

With the Camry and Accord(sedan not the Coupe)I think its funny how Honda and Toyota said before the release of the new Camry and Accord they were supposed to be more "sportier" than previous generations of Camry and Accord instead they actually got alot blander.
  • Options
    Both the Camry and Accord are faster and handle better than ever. While not all out sports cars they are sportier than the models they replaced. I don't think the Camry could've gotten any blander compared to the 97-01 Camry. The Camry XLE V6 ran circles around the Mazda6 and the Accord would leave the Mazda6 sniffing it's low emmissions exhaust. The Accord has been praised for it's Camry-like virtues along with a more personality than previous Accords.

But it's all in the beholder. If they are bland then it's obvious that bland is what people want. Including myself.
  • Options
    First off I didn't say the Accord Coupe was bland I said the sedan was. There's alot of difference in the way the Accord Sedan and Coupe looks. Second of all the Camry is just too tall looking and looks like a Ford Tarus. The last Camry actually looked decent.

As for the 6 the 6 is a more of a handling car. The average 6 buyer is a person who doesn't need the extra room that the Camry and Accord have and doesn't need the extra horsepower of the Altima. The 6 is for a person who wants sports car styling, get a sedan like ride, and get 4 doors with it. I'll agree thats a hard buyer to find but they are buyers that just need what the 6 offers. As for the Camry I mine as well just buy a domestic. The Camry does not offer anything besides the extra leg room over the competition from my view point. In know thats harsh too but thats my opinion.
  • Options
    The Camry is perfect if you just want to go from point A to point B. It's a very refined and reliable car. Most people wouldn't expect it to be able to run circles around the 6 which according to all 6-supporters is the best handling car this side of $25,000. The normal Camry XLE V6 owner will not know or care that it could take out a 6 going through the twisties. But 6 owners might oughta watch out for the Camry owner that does.

The Accord is faster than the 6 in every comparable trim and handles just as well as the 6 without the Sport Package.

If you go to the 6 room they all talk about the 6 having just as much room as the Accord. So which one is it? Should you argue that people who buy the 6 don't care that it's smaller or are you going to try and argue that it's just as big so that shouldn't decide whether or not you buy the car?

So what reason is left for someone to choose the 6? Because they like it. That's fine. I respect that. But don't try to argue why the 6 is better on paper because all data shows that the 6 is just an average car. The only advantage it has is in subjective areas like looks and steering feel.
    So what's the reason to buy a 6?
  • Options
    Feel like the 6 is the same size as a 94-97 Accord was 5-6 years back. The Accord Sedan is getting too big in my opinion. Its going to in full-size territory soon(The Coupe is a whole other story.)

I''ll agree the Accord Engine is more refined than the 6 probably. The 6 is an average car? You almost bought one and now its an average car. As far as looks are concerned I am in my early 20's and nobody my age would buy a Camry. As far as the 6 being an average car Road & Track rated it second to the Accord. They give a very bad review on the Altima. They give good marks for the 6's handling. In another test the 6 beat the Jetta and Altima. I have never seen VW's got comments on how powerful their engine is. But the reviewers always talk about handling and how fun to drive it is. I guess Mazda is too Japanese to be a german Company.

The accord offers you a little better interior than the 6 a little more refined engine. I like the 6 the way the 6 looks. I don't see a Camry in my future.
  • Options
    There is not a Camry in my near future either. My point was that handling is one of the most claimed advantages over all other cars and as the numbers shows that's not necessarily the case.

I never said the 6 was an average car to me in subjective areas. But on paper it is average.

And actually in most recent reviews VW's are being criticez for their sloppy handling. The field has caught up and surpassed VW in this area.
  • Options
    VWs ride great, but roll over and play dead in the twisites.
  • Options
    cstilescstiles Member Posts: 465
    My 6speed Accord has developed an annoying rattle from the vanity mirror on the driver's side sun visor. The plastic covering to the mirror vibrates just enough, but when I unhook the visor from the clip and give it some separation from the ceiling, then the rattling goes away. Am also convinced that the Michelin MXMs need to be replaced with decent summer tires. Handling is good, but it could be much better. Otherwise the car is a gem. The clutch is now broken in, and the car launches smoothly. The straightline power is sublime. Overall a very nice car.

Someone commented that the 6spd is redundant and results in "too much shifting." I agree that the extra gear is not necessary, but it doesn't result in any more shifting since the 6th gear is only used for long term highway cruising. It bumps the RPMs to under 2000 at 60MPH, so it is strictly for cruising/gas mileage. I have owned 11 Hondas over the years, and every one was a manual. But they are getting harder to find each year. You go to Europe and most cars are manuals...but not in the USA where we have the space to enjoy driving (instead of eating, yakking, "multitasking"...yikes).

Honda stereo systems have improved substantially, but I still wish they would have upgraded the system in the top end models. If Mazda can offer a Bose system in the 6, then why can't Honda step it up a little? They are obviously afraid to cannibalize Acura sales.
  • Options
    Back to it again. my 2000 MT LX coupe was just totaled. I was going 5mph. he was going 35. t-boned my passenger side door and hinge beam area. which slid me into another car. me:fine. coupe:not

My preferred options:

A) a used 2001-2002 V6 AUTO coupe, low miles
    or
    B) a slightly used 2003 MT 4cyl coupe, very low miles

My budget: $19000 cash. not willing to finance
    [and for arguments sake, let's say they were within $500 of each other]

Any inputs from all you accord experts? Thanks in adv.

e
  • Options
  • Options
    xjdmb16a2sixxjdmb16a2six Member Posts: 6
    i think if you just put in 1 more thousand you can get the 03 LX coupe brand new. i got a AUTo for 20550 OTD and thats wit alarm.
  • Options
    aggie1995aggie1995 Member Posts: 318
    Get the Slightly used EX I4 only if you will get the EX-L otherwise the LX will serve you great. And the price on it would withing your range.

Everything I have read indicates that the 2003 I4 with a Manual Transmission is faster off the line and similarly powered on the high end as the 2000-2002 V6 Auto.

I have the EX-L Manual I4. $21k +TT&L. The EX (non leather) can be had for 19,900 + TT&L.
  • Options
    I had a 2001 EX V6 coupe and now have a 2003 EX-L 5-speed manual. I prefer the 03 just because I like manual trannys more. Also, like aggie said, the 03 4-cylinder with manual posts close to the same numbers as a 98-02 V6 but it gets better gas mileage.
  • Options
    thanks folks for your input! I don't mind the MT. I have always liked it. just wanted to consider the auto for SF/Bay traffic. But I can manage a MT. I will go look at the dealers this weekend. I'll let you know what's going on. looks like learther is only 1100 more. of course this is over my budget. IO am considering used b/c/ I am trying to avoid the 20% depreciation factor of new car...it just eats me up!
  • Options
    carguy58, I think the reason the manufacturers are saying the cars are more "sporty" is because they have more power now. They may not be real engaging to drive, but they are decently fast. The new cars are about as fast now as some of the muscle cars were in their heydey. "Sporty" is a very subjective term, but it usually includes style, handling, and power. The power is decent, but the larger bodies and wheel bases hurt the styling and handling. Since Americans seem to love SUVs and prefer bigger cars than the rest of the world, a relatively fast family sedan might seem sporty to some.
  • Options
    How else would you get solid rear axle "sports cars" like the F bodies and Mustang. It's all about the speed with handling coming in further down the list of priorities. Remember when sporty was nothing but a "GT" sticker?
  • Options
    I thought what Honda and Toyota meant was the Accord and Camry would have "sportier exterior styling". I never thought they meant the term "sporty" as in handling and power. You learn something new everyday I guess. Personally I don't like the SUV craze but I guess I am not an SUV person. I understand the bigger the car the less sporty its going to be on the exterior.
  • Options
    Especialy from the side. It looks classy and aggressive with the EX 4 cyl. wheels. I think it's gonna age very well.
  • Options
    The Coupes is ok looking. The Sedan: the rear of it bothers me. I have tried to get used to used it I just can't like it. The 98 Accord when it came out I didn't like it very much either than by March of 1998 I finally started to like it but the 03 I just don't like it. The 94 Accord came out when I was in 8th grade. Had no trouble liking that one at all. Liked it right from the start.
  • Options
    aggie1995aggie1995 Member Posts: 318
    That should put you at right around 22 or 23 years old.

I'm not trying to be insulting at all, so don't take it that way.

But I would make a safe bet that the average Accord Buyer is well above your age bracket and that Honda didn't market/build that car for your demographic.

The fact that you don't particularly like the car is just how it is supposed to be.

Maybe you'll get used to this style in a few years