Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 6-Series

Comments

• ndmdndmd Posts: 27
    Why is the 645ci so d*** expensive? What is the $10,000-$15,000 difference between it and the 545i?
  • Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• In the first drive pictures I can see the SMG shift buttons just inside the steering wheel rim but also see a stick in the center console. Why is there still a stick?
  • The stick is for forward vs reverse and also must be placed in a certain way to start the engine. I think I am correct on this at least.
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Okay, I know BMW... but what other manufacturers offer either coupe or sedan RWD, lux sport. Here is what I have:

BMW
    Cadillac
    Lincoln
    Infiniti
    Mercedes
    Audi
    VW

What other ones can you guys think of?

-Paul
  • shoesshoes Posts: 131
    Robb Report was shooting photographs in the Napa Valley of what they said was the only 645 in the US. It was black and looked very good in person, lots of presence.

I have to be honest, it still looks vaguely Pontiac in the front and vaguely Chrysler in the rear. Still I am sure the driving is all BMW.

The best news I heard from my dealer was that the pricing will start around $62,000 base MSRP.

I have a CLK 55 Cabriolet on order and should receive it in January and wondering which I will enjoy more. I think AMG has just about made BMW irrelevant.
  • i have decided to replace my wife's '99 ML320 with either a new 2004 MB S430 or 2004 BMW 645Ci (decided to drop the Cayenne S)

do you have go to to your local dealership to go on the waiting list? knowing how popular this car is going to be, i would think so (recalling the '98 ML320 wait; 9 months!).
  • shoesshoes Posts: 131
    I have been told by two dealers that there will be gouging on the initial 6 series cars. Given the teething pains BMW had with the 7 series in the first year, I would say a 2005 is the better choice. Also, at first I heard the base price would be just a little more than the 5 series, now I hear it is a little more than the 7 series which puts a loaded coupe in the high $70's and a loaded convertible in the mid $80's.
  • ajroseajrose Posts: 29
    Just received pricing info on 2004 645Ci and 645 CiC.

Coupe Conv
    MSRP $69,300 $76,300
    Euro del 64,450 70,960

Options:

Active cruise $2200
    Heads up disp 1000
    Sat Radio 595
    Cold pkg 700
    Prem sound 1800
    Sport pkg 2800

That's it.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Let's see, a 645Ci 6-Speed (three pedal variety), Sport Package and Premium Sound for $69,050 (or maybe a little less) via ED. Yeah, I think that car needs me to pick it up in the fatherland. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    BMW 645Ci U.S. MSRP: 69,300
    BMW 645Ci E.D. MSRP: 64,450

Destination and Handling: 650

Option/Description -- Price
    494/Heated Front Seats -- 500
    508/Park Distance Control -- 700
    531/Active Cruise Control -- 2,200
    610/Head-Up Display -- 1,000
    655/Satellite Radio -- 595
    693/Satellite Radio Prep -- 75
    ZPS/Premium Package -- 1,800 *
    ZSP/Sport Package -- 2,800

Best Regards,
    Shipo

* The source for this information may have typed the description incorrectly as ZPS typically denotes "Premium Sound" not "Premium Package" which is usually denoted with the ZPP code.
  • mash3mash3 Posts: 1
    I have placed an order for ED for pick up in July. I had been on the top of the wait list at my dealer and did not have any problem getting on the ED list.
  • Please turn off your CAPS LOCK.

thanks

Host
  • How do you get in the queue? What happens once you pick up the vehicle (presumably in Munich)? How does it get shipped back to the US? What's the shipping cost?
    To get into the queue, you simply visit your local dealer and tell him/her that you want the ED option. I understand that the new 6-Series is in very short supply for ED cars; however, time should cure that problem. Anyway, you configure your car just like you would if you were buying it domestically, arrange for financing and make your down payments through the dealer as well. The only real difference is the timing, for ED you need to make your initial payment a month earlier than you would with a domestic car.

As for delivery, yes, you pick the car up at the ED center in Munich, and BMW will provide you with a wonderful packet on the "Hows and wheres". The ED Center is something like 15 km from the airport, and can be reached via taxi or their excellent S-Bahn/U-Bahn light rail system, which has a stop about a quarter of a mile from the ED Center.

Regarding shipping, that is performed by EH Harms, which has drop off locations all over Europe, and is included in the cost of the ED program. For those of us who live on the East Coast, transit time is about 4-5 weeks. For the folks on the Left Coast, add another couple of weeks.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,677
    A reporter is hoping to connect with anyone who has or plans to place an order for a new BMW 6-Series. Please respond by Wednesday, March 10 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your name, daytime contact information and a few words about why that vehicle appeals to you.
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• hoofen1hoofen1 Posts: 16
    I think the 645 is(finally) a worthy successor to the old 6,which I loved.But is it $15/20k better than the CLK Cabrio?? I think not.
  • ajroseajrose Posts: 29
    I recently replaced my 430 CLK with a BMW 540i 6 SP. Although the CLK's looks are terrific (IMHO), the ride of the BMW is a significant upgrade over the CLK.

If BMW can produce an auto that rivals the CLK in looks, there is no contest as to which marque I would like to drive.