Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Saturn Outlook Transmission Problem

kenco4kenco4 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Saturn
Five months ago I purchased a Saturn with 60,000 miles. Yesterday upon leaving my driveway it wouldn't shift out of first gear. Turned around , put it in the garage & tried to backup, put it in reverse & the vehicle would not move and the tranny made a loud whine. For the past two weeks the tranny made a loud " clunk " when it shifted into second, also on the highway it wouldn't shift into high gear & was running at 2500 rpm. Is this an electronic issue or more ?
I've heard that many others have experienced this same problem.....does GM have a re-call on this ?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,184
    kenco4 said:

Five months ago I purchased a Saturn with 60,000 miles. Yesterday upon leaving my driveway it wouldn't shift out of first gear. Turned around , put it in the garage & tried to backup, put it in reverse & the vehicle would not move and the tranny made a loud whine. For the past two weeks the tranny made a loud " clunk " when it shifted into second, also on the highway it wouldn't shift into high gear & was running at 2500 rpm. Is this an electronic issue or more ?
    I've heard that many others have experienced this same problem.....does GM have a re-call on this ?

852 posts in this discussion:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/9018/saturn/outlook/saturn-outlook-transmission-problems#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator