Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Tahoe transmission

chevrolaceschevrolaces Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Chevrolet

Hello, I'm Jake. I have a 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe. 5.3 liter 4x4 and from what I've learned it has the 4L60E transmission. 

I came to a stop to back up into a parking spot and when I put it in reverse I had nothing. It wouldn't go in reverse or drive but had no signs of going out previously. I popped the hood and there was transmission fluid covering my engine bay later discovering it was coming from the lower transmission cooler line. It had a broken connector so I replaced it and filled it with fluid. I tried to take off and I had nothing still untill I started feathering the gas pedal. I had to drive it a ways home but I never got above 45 mph and it stayed in one gear, 2nd I think. It acted weird and I can't explain it exactly but I've tore up pleanty of transmissions so I know what it typically does and what it feels like. I just need to know if there's any other possible issue to cause that other than it being shelled out. 

Thanks.- Jake

Comments