Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1960's Ford Falcons

1235»

Comments

• okko1okko1 Posts: 327
    i don't still have mine but it was a v8 4 speed car and i have a pic of it at my page i realy miss it. :cry:
  • It is a 6 cylinder. Is that normal or weird. I THINK many people thought it was 8 cylinder since it was a four-speed. Not sure, but I think I remember that from past conversations.
  • That is sad you got rid of and you miss it. I know that would happen to me - that is why I am not getting rid of it - my kids can fight over it! How long was it your's?
    Did you buy it new?
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,617
    I don't know what the numbers were, but I would guess there were more 6s than V8s, and for the 6s, more 3 spd than 4 spd transmissions. I think the only 4 speed would be the "Dagenham", named for the town in England where it was made. From a web site: "Dagenham's four speed transmission built for Ford Motor Company came equiped in early to mid-60s Falcon, Comet, Fairlane and Mustang models powered by standard 170 or 200cid, six cylinder engines. They were manufactured in England."
  • hymeshymes Posts: 4
    I remember a pickup in 1963 year with a 223. Also, the 240 was a standard pickup engine for years? Had one in a 66 van. Don't know anything about these motors in cars. The early 144 was solid lifters, and the much better 170 was just an increase in displacement and hydraulic lifters. I'm fairly certain that is right. I thought the 200 was just another size bump with internal mods.
  • I recently bought a 65 falcon 2 door and I was wondering if anyone new where I can find a set of front drop springs? I want to lower the whole car 1-2 inches, the right way, I know all the old school tricks for lowering the front end but I would rather do it the right way and the safe way.Any help would be great. Thanks
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,116
    You should look at a Mustang parts catalog. I bet they are the same.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

1235»
This discussion has been closed.