Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda Protege Owners: Future Models

Comments

• Nope, I believe that is the actually car. All the reports say that the car is quite coupe like even though it has four full-size doors. Lots of the styling cues look like that of the wagon shot (roof line, kink in rear window, etc...) Plus this is linked to the official Hungarian Mazda website. I bet it is the real thing, why would they fuzz it out if it wasn't? Do you guys think the 3 will debut at the Tokyo Motor Show?
  • I hate to see Mazda trade the clean, classy styling they've used on the Protege for that. I doubt it will age well!
  • I think the new design is even more classy and looks much more expensive looking which is what Mazda needs if they want to be the Japanese BMW. I love the current Protege but think it is time for a change (plus my lease will be up in 7 months and I want the next generation) All the reports indicate the Mazda3 is going to be a real stunner and I wouldn't argue with that. I see nothing gimmicky in the new design. Only well though out, clean, up scale lines. I can't wait!
  • It's hard to tell from a photo. I may really like it once I see one in person (particularly the sedan). I hope I have the same reaction as I did with the current generation when it first came out. I was coming up on a '99 from the rear and thought it was a Mercedes C class at first! That's when I knew I wanted one!
  • Yeah, I am sure you will! Good point about the current Pro. I too had seen them before I got mine and thought it was some kind of mini Audi or something. To bad that picture I saw was so fuzzy, oh well. Hopefully we will be able to see the real thing at Tokyo!
  • Does anyone know when the Mazda3 will debut. What car show will it be unvieled at? It seems like Tokyo would be the best place because it is a Japanese auto maker.
  • I don't know, but I think Tokyo is a very good bet
  • then I personally believe Mazda is going in the wrong direction! A sedan that looks like a SUV doesn't do it at all for me.

The 2002 Protege already looks very much like the new Mazda6, so the family appearance is unified.

And how can the "powers that be" at Mazda even consider changing the Protege name since all the glowing reviews and testimonials over the last few years are found under the heading "Protege" !!!
  • I think Mazda is going in the right direction and at the same time moving upscale. This is what they need to do and make the Rotary the star in its line up. I don't think the Protege looks all that much like that Mazda6 and i believe the name change will do it good. i will be first in line for the new Mazda3. From what I here this car will blow the competition out of the water. Plus, it is really time to change the Protege.
  • the_big_hthe_big_h Posts: 1,583
    if it's for the better, and I think the next generation Protege (aka Mazda3) will be leaps and bounds better than the current generation!
  • The authenticity of 5-door photo has been confirmed by top Mazda Executives who have seen the car (a little bird told me). That's makes me very happy, because I think the car looks stunning. Very upscale, I agree.

My first reaction was that it had a very Alfa 146 look to it, which I think is a good thing.
  • maltbmaltb Posts: 3,572
    I can't seem to find it.
    from the side, it looks right, but I think the front has changed a bit.
  • Hi, I am hungarian, I visited this site, but this is a pixelized mazda6, not? This is Mazda Mirai's site (a dealer), not a commercial Mazda homepage.

SzaboZE
  • I have a picture from Mazda3. (?)

• ashutoshsmashutoshsm Posts: 1,007
    And I didn't realize the Hungarian and Indian flags were so similar!
  • I really prefer that my cars have bumpers of some sort (and I'm sure my insurance company prefers that also)!
  • mazdafunmazdafun Posts: 2,322
    Nose is too much like a bullet-train's.

And the rear-ward visibility looks compromised by that D-pillar and downward-sloping top line of the windows.
    does a bumper need to be clearly defined to exist?
This discussion has been closed.