Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Maxima 2004 Redesign

Comments

• otoluvaotoluva Posts: 138
    I was on e bay earlier and I saw a dealer advertising the all new 04 for MSRP and claimed to have many in stock!
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    There are many who look at ALOT more than HP, and in many categories, the ES is far superior than the 03 Maxima. The ES wouldnt be my choice, but I can understand its appeal. It is not getting "less for more". Its getting something different...

~alpha
  • Hp is just something that does not matter to me as much anymore. I want a luxury car but I need FWD because of the wisconsin weather. I just went to the Auto show today and the I30 was just beautiful, but then again its RWD.
  • dklaneckydklanecky Posts: 559
    The Infiniti I35 is a FWD Luxury version of the Nissan Maxima. They are also a great bargain as they are in their last year of production. Infiniti seems to be going to a complete line up of RWD vehicles.

Maybe your thinking of the G35?
  • well, they have been building them for a while, and autonews says that about 4,291 have been built so far

http://www.autonews.com/files/prod.pdf

VIN numbers usually end in the production sequence number, and this one ends in 04527. So has it been built yet? I don't know.

There have been no reports of the 04 Max at any dealer yet. Some people said dealers may get one this week (around March 5) before shipments start in earnest mid-month.
  • yeah i was talking about the G35, my friend has an I35 that we took to the auto show, and thats why it was going through my head.
  • dklaneckydklanecky Posts: 559
    At the Milwaukee auto show last saturday 2/22, the Nissan rep said the 04 maxima's would be hitting the dealers showrooms the week of March 17th, no sooner.

He had all the correct answers to all of my questions about the car but said a couple of somewhat disconcerting things:

1.Almost all production is the SL no SE's.
    2.He hasn't seen in person the interior with the "4 passsenger" option, only pictures. Doesn't think it will be on very many cars.

I asked for him to unlock the Maxima so I could sit in it and try it out for size (which he did).

Nice car overall but it just didn't excite me in anyway, visually or otherwise.

I have two Maxima's that have served me extremely well for a combined >310,000 miles and I really wanted to like the new one enough to buy it.

Maybe a test drive will light the fire?
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    My dealer believes the SE models will sell the best. Actually they expect mostly SE models March 9, and very few SL models.
  • I was also there and a a rep. from Wilde Nissan said around March 9th. It looked nice outside, but the inside really bothered me for some reason. There were too many buttons and the dash was to odd shaped for my likeing.
  • I saw two 2004 Maximas at the Cleveland auto show. Beautiful cars from front to back. Both platinum color with latte leather interior. One was SE w/ auto. Other was SL with wood grain inserts and moon roof. I liked the SE better. Several dealers were circling the crowd. They knew nothing about the car, its colors, or price. They expected cars on the lots about Mar. 6. Dealer training scheduled for 3/15. The interior quality seemed more like the Altima, than the Murano. Some upgrades but not huge. The Infiniti G35 is definitely a big step up. I am anxious to drive the 6-speed. I bought an 02 V6 Altima 5-speed stick and love it. The wife sez OK to the Maxima, but more of a guy's car because the interior is full of brushed metal trim, not warm like an Accord. I liked it a lot but no handstands. The more expensive Volvo S80 T6 is my real hero.
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Posts: 1,058
    announced. Go to nissannews.com. Start at $26950 + dest. for SE.
    I might be able to afford a basic SE model.
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    "Maxima’s legendary performance continues with the use of the award-winning VQ 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine, refined for 2004 to produce 265 horsepower and 255 lb-ft torque. The VQ engine series has been recognized as one of the “Ten Best Engines” by Ward’s Auto World magazine for nine consecutive years."

Nine years in a row.....sweet.
  • sglatorsglator Posts: 20
    And this is MSRP starting at $26950. 6-9 months later it will be selling for invoice. MSRP for SE + Driver Preffered Package is about $30K that means ~$27-28 invoice. This is definitely not too bad.
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    So today is the intro day for 04 Maximas. Are there any at the dealers yet? I have not seen any in central Ohio.
    But my dealer did have brochures. I got one. They don't expect the Maxima to hit dealers in my area until at least this Saturday. I will swing by on Sunday and Monday just to be sure.
  • berbelberbel Posts: 167
    I went to Nissan and "built" a 2004 SE which is
    not equipped as well as my present SE. It came
    to $31,985 including freight. My present Max
    stickered @ around $29,985.00. That doesn't even
    include the package with the HID headlights which
    were STANDARD on the earlier models.

So, you think the new Maxes are priced just fine?
    I don't!

berbel
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    one thing is for sure, they won't make any 'impact' with their pricing. maybe they will end up being like GM, setting laughably high MSRP's, need a ton of incentives to move it.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    04 Maxima can hit 34 grand. Sorry, but I would gladly visit the Infiniti dealer and get a moderately optioned G35 if I had the money.

Car=awesome
    Pricing=sales killer.

~alpha
This discussion has been closed.