Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Grand Prix 2004 Redesign Questions & Comments

Comments

• richm4richm4 Posts: 169
    Thanks, ruski, for the links to those sites. That's a lot of new info I am seeing for the first time. Can't wait to see it up close at the Auto Show here in Chicago in February.

I love the wheels and athletic stance. Also, the folddown seats are a huge plus. I'm not sure if I like the interior that much, though. Maybe it needs to grow on me.
    Anyone know if dealers have brochures for the 2004 GP yet? I'd like to see the various options, color selections, and rim choices. Boy, I hope they offer the Bose system. I also wonder what the base prices will be.
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    These days brochures usually arrive long AFTER the actual cars do...
  • I have owned an 89 grand prix, a 93 bonneville sse (still a beautiful car) and a 01 bonneville. I've waited for Pontiac to build a grand prix this powerful for a long time. Unfortunately its close but no cigar. Where is the stick shift?? Where is the coupe?? Where is the center console that doesn't look like it was molded out of lego blocks? This 2004 grand prix looks good but it won't get my dollars as it is now.
  • orwoodyorwoody Posts: 269
    From what it looks like to me Pontiac will be bringing the GTO over to fill the gap with coupe and the GTO will have a six speed. Overall sales of the coupe GP were fairly low and I'm guessing the General decided offering then GTO would further take sales from the GP so they dropped the GP coupe.
  • I like the size and price range of the GP and GTO. But, I want a front drive coupe. You have to go to a smaller, cheaper looking coupe anymore.
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    Honda Accord Coupe is still around
    or Acura CL, or CL-S
  • I have been a long time fan of the GP.
    This car is (not) a GP!
    This car is a GM chop job. Chop the front off of a Bonneville. Chop the body from a Alero. chop the rear end off of a Sunfire. Mix them all together and you get one ugly GP.:(
  • suzydsuzyd Posts: 1
    I have been wanting to get a GP for a long time - but figured a redesign would be coming soon. This is great!! I'll be looking for my silver GP as soon as they hit the market. Can't wait!
  • Due to the fact that the Firebird's price climbed the mountain (and ultimately jumped itself to its own death), i think its awesome that Pontiac has chosen the Grand Prix to step to the plate and bat cleanup!! I own a '99 full size, black Prix SE, and I dont see a car built by Pontiac thats better qualified to take the reigns......By muscleing it up to form the GTO, it should fill the gaping hole in the Pontiac lineup. SO that said, anyone hear or read what i read last week?? The Camaro's replacement is going to be a muscled up, supercharged version of the 2005 model Cavalier.....read it in Motor Trend in the intro for the 2003 Cav.....lemme know, i'd like to see a pic of that like u wouldnt believe..... i wonder what make or model is due for drastic change....maybe the old beretta? or the lumina..send me pics if ya find anything
  • wgrwgr Posts: 127
    Anyone know the approx price range for the 04 ?

Also, is the 04 front or rear drive ?

Sorry to ask such basic questions, but I just came across this new car.
  • If you go to the GM Fleet site you can see a relatively complete ordering guide for the '04 Grand Prix. Click on "print book" and select it. I was having trouble getting this to work in IE, but it definitely works in Netscape, so use that if you have it.

-Andrew L

• wgrwgr Posts: 127
    Thanks for the site. It printed fine.
    Thanks for the heads-up on the site!

Does anyone know how good the Monsoon speakers sound ? I was hoping the Bose stereo was going to be offered.
  • Speaker sound is a hard for one person to guide another. I know I have seen posts about disappoinment with some Bose systems. Monsoon line of speakers are offered by a couple manufacturers (VW I think along with GM) (Even make computer speakers). I believe it just away around having to pay for the use of Dr. Bose's name. Should be acceptable fo rth enew GP. (Bose speaker owner since 1979 for home system and Wave Radio owner)
  • Sounds real nice. I would love to retrofit TAC Shift and Stabilitrak. I already have a lot more power, and will probably eventually put in a Intense trans with 3:69 final drive and maybe a QUAIFE differential:)
    The more I look at the new GP, the more disappointed I am getting, especially the rear end with that teeny tiny spoiler and the cheap and cluttered looking dash.

The Bonneville GXP, on the other hand, that's a car with killer good looks. I really wish it was coming out this year. I can't wait another 15 months before getting a new car.
  • A little bit about where I can help. I work for a company which designs and manufactures the interior. I'm in tune with the options and have driven a production vehicle. To date GM Oshawa has built approx. 120 salable vehicles.
    Hey everyone,

Check out www.grandprix.net. There are dozens of real production pictures there.
This discussion has been closed.