Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTSi for 2004

2»

Comments

• 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    C&D has no idea how much the car will cost. they are guessing. They always have a lot of false advance info in that magazine.

mjmorrow:

The CTS is not getting the 3800, it is getting a new 3.6 24V engine next year. There are no superchargers on this engine.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    a well appointed M3 with the SMG trans pushes 60K now....the convertible about 65K
  • jemillerjemiller Posts: 183
    You have to seriously load out an M3 to get to $60K. From a performance standpoint you're better off skipping the (heavy) moonroof, for one.

"M3 convertible" is a bit of an oxymoron - the thing is one heavy pig-boat.

As for the CTSi/CTS-V, I think it's a great idea but don't think it'd attract many potential M3 buyers. It'll attract (a) people who are still mad GM canceled the Impala SS and (b) would-be M5/E55 buyers who can't swing the price for a new one, and maybe (c) some of the chrome-wheel Cadillac-bling-bling crowd.
  • lesstl1lesstl1 Posts: 21
    I was surprised to see the comment by LousF who does not have a temperature gauge. Mine does in place of the clock. The owners manual shows the clock but my base model has a temperature gauge. On the other hand, I do not seem to find the tire pressure in the information display menu.
  • sevenfeet0sevenfeet0 Posts: 486
    The switch from to a temp gauge from a clock on the dash happened only recently. If your CTS was built in the last month or so, most likely you have the new dash cluster.
  • robison1robison1 Posts: 1
    I test drove a 2004 CTS last night. 6 cylinder! Nice car. I will wait for the dealers to get full specs on 2004 to see if I will purchase an Automatic Transmission @ 255hp. The dealer told me that the manual transmission will still only be 220hp. I also tested a 2003 with Sport Luxury package. I am more interested in the 2004 with more horsepower!
2»
This discussion has been closed.