Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Impala 2004 Redesign

167891012»

Comments

• regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    "Automotive News reports that GM will build a new generation of pushrod V-6 engines at its engine plant in Tonawanda, N.Y. The industry weekly says the new range of engines will include a 3.9-liter and a 3.5-liter; both will be equipped with cylinder-deactivation technology, which will enable the engines to shut off cylinders when it can to save fuel - as much as 8 percent in savings."

8 percent, hmmmmmmm where is that 20 percent someone was talking about?
  • atbearatbear Posts: 322
    Reg, if you do a search online, I'm sure you can find it... do your own research
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    8% is what they say. no 40mpg anytime soon, dreamers.
  • atbearatbear Posts: 322
    "While actual fuel economy gains depend on driving style, vehicle options and load-carrying conditions, the potential customer benefits are significant. For example, a full-size sport-utility vehicle with a current cruising range of more than 400 miles per tank of gasoline could gain as much as 100 miles per tank with Displacement on Demand, based on a 25 percent improvement in real-world testing done by GM Powertrain engineers."

THERE YOU GO and it was the FIRST link I tried.
  • jpstaxjpstax Posts: 250
    Check out the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for the '66 and '67 Chevy II cars at this site:

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/chevrolet-nova/chevrolet-- - - - nova-history.shtml

I think the new Impala SS will have identical times (6.5 and 15.0 seconds) to these musclecars.
  • Will the new '04 impala have an in dash 6-disc CD changer available as an option. Or a trunk mounted CD-changer.
  • mapircmapirc Posts: 1
    Greetings,

I've heard that the '04 SS has numerous suspension improvements over all non-SS variants. Does anyone know whether the salient '04 SS suspension components can be bolted into '00-'03 (and non-SS '04) models?

Also, does anyone know how the improved SS suspension components compare to current GM as well as aftermarket suspension components which are claimed to improve handling for Impala's?

Best,
    Mapirc
  • jpstaxjpstax Posts: 250
    The answer to your question "Does anyone know how the improved SS suspension components compare to current GM" is, I believe they compare to what what Buick calls its "Grand Touring Suspension". That is, stronger struts, springs, and other parts that produce a smoother ride.
167891012»
This discussion has been closed.