Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VW Jetta Bluetooth

jettaguy2jettaguy2 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Volkswagen
My wife and I bought two 2014 Jetta TDI's. What a great Turbo engine. We like a lot about the cars. There is a problem with both cars, the same problem. The voice command doesn't work well at all.  When I say call Volkswagen, for example, it doesn't understand the command. On rare occasion, it will recognize a name.
The dealer put in a new voice module, but it still doesn't help.
My wife's car has the same issue.
Any thoughts?

Comments

• masmas Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2015 Jetta TDI, and I own a 2012 Passat. The VC in the Passat works great, but the first day of trying to get the Jetta to recognize the names (using the same weird pronunciations that the Passat likes) did not work at all. Maybe it's bad firmware? I had that such a issue on the Passat radio where it routed the left channel through all the speakers.
  • straman17straman17 Member Posts: 63
    I have a '12 Jetta and the Bluetooth quality is awful. I dont even bother with the voice commands. I do know I used to have to pronounce names a certain way to get it to recognize things.