Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Latitude

1131415161719»

Comments

• wheelz4wheelz4 Posts: 569
    A Canadian site did a mini-review on the Edix/FR-V and pegged the price (based on foreign currency conversion)at $32,600 CAD or $24,600 USD
    ....no way it could ever be successfull at those prices.....that's the price of an Odyssey (whose sales are suffering somewhat because the Sienna undercuts it by $2600 CAD). Especially here in Canada, where the market is extremely price-sensitive, I think it would have to start around $24,600 CAD and top out at no more than $30,000 CAD to have any hope of success. Mazda MPV's start in the mid 20's and if Mazda brings us the 4/Flexa, there's no way they're going to price it higher than an MPV, so Honda better get realistic when it comes to pricing this thing.
    BTW, I'm hoping the Edix/FR-V will look a little better in person (right now, it trails the 4/Flexa by a wide margin in the looks department, IMHO). I do see a bit of BMW X-5 in the back end (which is good) but also a bit of Aztek (which is not so good). Also, the area under the front bumper needs to be better integrated into the bumper itself. As raychuang00 suggested, maybe a few styling tweeks are in order.
  • marcbmarcb Posts: 152
    So I've always liked the practical Fiat Multipla seat configuration (not the exterior). I'm pleasantly surprised Honda is adapting/improving on it. Remember how many detractors there were when Honda introduced the Ody's magic seats? Or how the Honda Elements design put off some people? These are innovative designs that shows there are a lot of us practical people out there willing to vote with their money.

If the price is right, I'll trade in my Mazda MPV for a 3+3 seat diesel Edix/FR-V. In fact, I'll also trade in my 01 Toy Prius for a diesel Jazz for an encore.
  • jimjpsjimjps Posts: 146
    So say if Honda did bring the Edix to North America - do you think they would keep the 3x3 format?
    It is not really that wide by US standards. I think it would become 2x in front and 3x in back.
  • nwngnwng Posts: 664
    the same reason we are not seeing the 3 rows toyota wish, mitsu grandis, honda stream... we're too horizontal challenged, especially in the southern section of the torso.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I prefer 2-2-2, 2-3-2, or even the more minivan like 2-2-3. I'm not a huge fan of the 3-3. If they made it 3-3-3, then I might consider, since I'm getting more seating capacity than a minivan.
  • vcarrerasvcarreras Posts: 247
    go to the Edmunds Future Vehicle discussions on both the Honda FR-V/Edix and Mazda MX-Flexa/Mazda 4 which has now been named to be the Mazda5. There is more information there.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    is this discussion basically dead?
  • dmundy1dmundy1 Posts: 37
    The new Honda Airwave based off the Jazz/Fit platform.
    http://www.honda.co.jp/AIRWAVE/index.html
This discussion has been closed.